SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    GF has claimed P239. Time for a P225-A1 ? ? ?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

GF has claimed P239. Time for a P225-A1 ? ? ? Login/Join 
Picture of sleepla8er
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DukeMinski:
So my GF has decided she likes my P239 better than her S&W Shield.
And the P239 is now her EDC...

So your girlfriend:
A) likes to shoot
B) has good taste in picking P239 over Shield
C) likes to shoot
D) has good taste in guys (probably Wink )
E) likes to shoot

What I want to know is why you're asking us about the P225???

My advise is to figure out if she'll accept the P239 instead of an engagement ring - she might need you to sweeten the deal with ammo & she's still owed a wedding ring mind you.

But hell Duke, you've got a winner there and I bet she'll get you that P225 as a wedding present!!!

Posts: 2852 | Location: San Diego, CA  | Registered: July 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
. . . accept the P239 instead of an engagement ring . . .

O M G ! ! ! You are a GENIUS ! ! !

Why didn't I think of that ? ? ?

And I could tell her that a new P225A1 would be a LOT cheaper than a honeymoon!
And it would be something that I will always have and will always remind me of HER!

(Time for an evil laugh.)

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA ! ! ! !

Posts: 603 | Registered: December 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sleepla8er
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DukeMinski:
quote:
Originally posted by SleepLa8er:
...accept the P239 instead of an engagement ring...

O M G ! ! ! You are a GENIUS ! ! ! ...

I have my moments! Big Grin

Posts: 2852 | Location: San Diego, CA  | Registered: July 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like the 225A1 enough that I bought 2. Never warmed up to the 239 even though I theoretically love the idea of a 239 in 40 with spare 357 and 9 barrels. Cool that. Can't do that with the 225A1.

225A1 feels wonderful in the hand, SRT is the tits, and the only thing it lacks is XRays or HD's.

I did have to mod the slide lock because I was ham fisting the lever and preventing slide lock pretty much continually till I shrunk it via dremel. (Bought a spare from Numrich so I could return it to factory if need be, same part as 239)

Posts: 7347 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I ordered a two-tone P225-A1 today. My local dealer / range had never seen one and had to do some searching to find one for me. Now the wait...

Mostly 9mm and .45 ACP:
P226 Enhanced Elite
P938 SAS
P320 Compact w/subcompact grip
P225-A1 two-tone
Bunch of Dan Wessons
Assorted Berettas, CZs, etc.

Posts: 199 | Location: Michigan | Registered: March 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
I like the 225A1 enough that I bought 2. Never warmed up to the 239 even though I theoretically love the idea of a 239 in 40 with spare 357 and 9 barrels. Cool that. Can't do that with the 225A1.

225A1 feels wonderful in the hand, SRT is the tits, and the only thing it lacks is XRays or HD's.

I did have to mod the slide lock because I was ham fisting the lever and preventing slide lock pretty much continually till I shrunk it via dremel. (Bought a spare from Numrich so I could return it to factory if need be, same part as 239)

I handled a P225-A1 at Cabela's yesterday with the black grip, and it seemed like the sides were more flat that the P6 grip. Is that so or just my imagination?

Posts: 48 | Registered: August 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Somebody beat me to it but giving a Woman a prized pistol is the equivalent of giving her an engagement ring! Congratulations, lol

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ofc.JR
posted Hide Post
Gentlemen; Just as an aside, the new SIG 225A1 IS derived from the 239 platform. And the 225A1 seems to sell well, so SIG decided to drop the 239.
I like both, seems a shame that SIG is going to let the 239 languish. I carried one for many moons, several years ago.

"Cry Havoc and let slip..."
"Sic Semper Tyrannis!!"

Posts: 46 | Location: High Plains of Texas | Registered: December 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post