SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    MPX Triggers - Who's replaced one?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

MPX Triggers - Who's replaced one? Login/Join 
Picture of myrottiety
posted
I know they have the trigger bridge. Rather not remove the trigger bridge for warranty issues.

BUT: I'd like to eventually replace the trigger with something budget friendly. I'd rather not throw a Timney or some $100-$200 trigger at a range toy. But wouldn't mind it being a little lighter.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8838 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My unmodified stock trigger had a tendency to go full auto. I looked around and replaced it with a Hyperfire Hypertouch 3G trigger. It’s a much better set up now.

Posts: 612 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: March 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That would be on its way back to sig asap or destroyed. never mind any other thoughts.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10974 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Upgraded with a Gissele SSA-E. Had a spare one laying around.

Great feel now.

Andrew

Duty is the sublimest word in the English Language - Gen Robert E Lee.

Posts: 861 | Registered: May 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Of course Geissle says not an approve use and it will eventually fail. But ok. In the interim I'm guessing it will be enjoyable.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10974 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by myrottiety:
I know they have the trigger bridge. Rather not remove the trigger bridge for warranty issues.

BUT: I'd like to eventually replace the trigger with something budget friendly. I'd rather not throw a Timney or some $100-$200 trigger at a range toy. But wouldn't mind it being a

Get the JP reduced power trigger spring for an AR-15 from Brownell's. It will reduce the trigger pull to 5.0 lbs and cost about $10.00. It is yellow in color. I have shot both commercial and military ammunition with zero issues. I have 500-600 rounds through mine with no failure to fire.

Scott Jens
C.H.P.D. (ret.)
Check Six Training LLC
www.chksixtraining.com

Posts: 38 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 07, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I replaced both of mine with a Hyperfire 243G
I put a Hyperfire24C in a friend's carbine.
Most aftermarket triggers say they are not recommended for the MPX.
Hyperfire is
With the silver/gray springs, trigger pull weight comes in at just about 2#

Posts: 221 | Location: WI | Registered: October 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
I had a SSA-E in my Gen2 for a short time. Didn't encounter any problems with the gun not going into battery with a magazine in the well as a few around the web had reported with Gen2 MPXs, but shortly after SIG and Geissele both began whining about how the trigger is not compatible due to potential "damage" (turns out it's potentially damage to the trigger and not the gun, but neither was very forthcoming about that at the time).

"Bill Geissele" purportedly had previously said that their triggers were fine in the MPX and had full warranty coverage, but the company itself has long stated repeatedly that their lineup of triggers are only compatible with the platforms that they were intended for. Apparently damage to the disconnector of any standard-like configuration AR trigger is a very real issue when it comes to the blowback MPX. So for myself out went the SSA-E and back into the gun was the gritty, heavy, nasty factory trigger. Frown

I recently noticed that Geissele also removed previous references on their website about a pending MPX trigger (originally claimed to be available by late last year 2017 but of course that never happened). Normally I'd rather have a Geissele but it seems that they so far are unable to take what they've learned for their MCX unit and revamp it for the blowback MPX. Their stance regarding the MPX would also appear to say that their triggers would not be acceptable for a 9mm AR as well, which is doubly annoying because that was my intended landing spot for the SSA-E that I had in my MPX. Then there's the that hefty price that they ask for their MCX trigger. It likely makes any future MPX trigger from them--if it happens at all--seem rather unappealing $$$$$-wise compared to what their AR-spec triggers can be had at.

Timney has a couple of compatible options now available and their two-stage now has my attention. Also interesting to read about the Hiperfire offerings though from what I recall from my time playing with them at Rainier Arms their designs are all single-stage, not really my preferred choice of 'bang' switch when it comes to AR-style triggers.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tackelbarry:
quote:

BUT: I'd like to eventually replace the trigger with something budget friendly. I'd rather not throw a Timney or some $100-$200 trigger at a range toy. But wouldn't mind it being a

Get the JP reduced power trigger spring for an AR-15 from Brownell's. It will reduce the trigger pull to 5.0 lbs and cost about $10.00. It is yellow in color. I have shot both commercial and military ammunition with zero issues. I have 500-600 rounds through mine with no failure to fire.

I might try the spring first. Cheap enough that it would be a potential easy fix.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8838 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

I might try the spring first. Cheap enough that it would be a potential easy fix.

I think you will be pleasantly surprised. The gritty creep is still there. However, when moving and shooting in dynamic CQB scenario training I don't notice it. I also think the original heavy trigger pull amplified the gritty feel when pulling the trigger slowly. Let us know what you think when you get it installed.

Scott Jens
C.H.P.D. (ret.)
Check Six Training LLC
www.chksixtraining.com

Posts: 38 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 07, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just put a Wilson Combat TR-TTU-9mm drop in trigger into my MPX. 4# 2-stage trigger. Their website states that their trigger is compatible with the Sig MPX. I have not shot it yet but dry fire feels fine. At least they state compatibility and will warranty their products.

Posts: 36 | Registered: September 10, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I installed the KE Arms SLT-1 Trigger in both of my MPX's. Much improvement over the stock trigger and rated/tested for the MPX

Posts: 179 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: November 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GroundedCLK
posted Hide Post
I installed the CMC Flat trigger, and it is amazing. I have no complaints about it what so ever.

Posts: 1843 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: January 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
UPDATE: After approximately 700 rounds with the JP "yellow" trigger spring installed in my MPX I started having failures to fire due to light primer strikes. Part of it was that I had not cleaned the gun, so the bolt and firing pin were really dirty. However, after cleaning the bolt and firing pin, though the gun ran, it was not 100%. I installed a standard AR trigger spring and now have a 7.5 pound trigger pull and everything is functioning as it should. Now I am going to get the gun dirty again to see if the failure to fire happens again.
I am hoping that the "failure to fire" was due to the reduced power trigger spring and not the gun shutting down after 700ish rounds due go being dirty. Basically, I am trying to find the reliability limits of the gun due to the blow back system. Has anyone shot more rounds without cleaning their MPX?
I am also looking at the KE SLT-1 as a possible solution to a "less than stellar" factory trigger. Thoughts ?

Scott Jens
C.H.P.D. (ret.)
Check Six Training LLC
www.chksixtraining.com

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MeatMan:
I installed the KE Arms SLT-1 Trigger in both of my MPX's. Much improvement over the stock trigger and rated/tested for the MPX

How many rounds do you have on each of the triggers?

Scott Jens
C.H.P.D. (ret.)
Check Six Training LLC
www.chksixtraining.com

Picture of Wreckless
posted Hide Post
I went with an ALG ACT Trigger in mine. It is a pleasure to fire now. Not so much before. And it only costs $69.00

https://algdefense.com/alg-combat-trigger-act.html

La Dolce Vita

Posts: 543 | Location: SW Florida & SNJ | Registered: July 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just ordered the KE SLT-1 and will report back after I have some rounds through it.

Scott Jens
C.H.P.D. (ret.)
Check Six Training LLC
www.chksixtraining.com

posted Hide Post

Posts: 183 | Registered: September 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Larue has said the MBT is fine / warrantied.

I can tell you they will hold up to at least a few thousand rounds, as that's what mine have on them.

Posts: 221 | Location: Michigan | Registered: March 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GroundedCLK
posted Hide Post
quote:
UPDATE: After approximately 700 rounds with the JP "yellow" trigger spring installed in my MPX I started having failures to fire due to light primer strikes. Part of it was that I had not cleaned the gun, so the bolt and firing pin were really dirty. However, after cleaning the bolt and firing pin, though the gun ran, it was not 100%. I installed a standard AR trigger spring and now have a 7.5 pound trigger pull and everything is functioning as it should. Now I am going to get the gun dirty again to see if the failure to fire happens again.
I am hoping that the "failure to fire" was due to the reduced power trigger spring and not the gun shutting down after 700ish rounds due go being dirty. Basically, I am trying to find the reliability limits of the gun due to the blow back system. Has anyone shot more rounds without cleaning their MPX?
I am also looking at the KE SLT-1 as a possible solution to a "less than stellar" factory trigger. Thoughts ?

I have 2k of this Win 3 Gun 147gr through my MPX and I have not cleaned it as of yet.

Posts: 1843 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: January 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post