SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    What belt do you wear everyday
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What belt do you wear everyday Login/Join 
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Wilderness

This. Polymer insert 5 stitch.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
I bought my belt from someone recommended by the forum. I cannot remember his name. From what I understand he has since retired and his son now runs the business. I wish I could remember who it was.

The belt is going strong for over 9 years.

Posts: 1978 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ironmike57:
I bought my belt from someone recommended by the forum. I cannot remember his name. From what I understand he has since retired and his son now runs the business. I wish I could remember who it was.

Jerry Bissle. Mike now runs the place.

https://www.armourbelts.com

Posts: 4986 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rosie, the Corgi,
is my copilot
posted Hide Post
Dillon Leather belt every day for several years, no longer available. The Dillon belt is two layers like many other belts by Armour and Beltman. Check the concealed carry section on the sigforum for more details on belts.

Posts: 3672 | Location: PNW | Registered: November 24, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JAFO
posted Hide Post
I don't have a gun belt, per se, but I have been using Duluth Trading Lifetime belts for several years. They aren't as stiff as the reinforced belts, but they have held up for me carrying OWB and IWB with a P229. They are 7/32" thick and 1 3/8" wide. I have one in black and one in brown, and they work well with jeans or slacks.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>
"I drank what?" - Socrates

Posts: 5181 | Location: S.A., TX | Registered: July 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Beltman 1.25 brown.
Had it for well over 5 years. Can't wear it out.

Posts: 9495 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by henryaz:
quote:
Originally posted by sybo:
Wilderness for me, I don’t even remember just how old it is but is looking well worn......perfect!

The Wilderness for me as well. They are the only ones I own (3 of them). 1.5" for everyday when not carrying a gun. 1.75" for carry and matches. All 5 stitch.

I wear the three stitch belts every day, and I use a five stitch at work. All my Wilderness belts are going on then years old without showing any signs of needing replacement.

Posts: 7069 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For the last five years I have used a wilderness five stitch 1-1/2" with stiffener. Before that I used an A&G Gun Leather which was excellent for my edc needs.

It's kids like you, who make this bus late.

Posts: 884 | Location: Weirton,WV | Registered: April 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wilderness instructor (titanium) with kydex when casual. When more formal, a beltman with a titanium buckle I added.

I go all titanium for buckles as I travel by plane 2-4 times w/ week on average. Saves me having to take off belt.

Posts: 331 | Location: OH | Registered: September 10, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Snake Eater Tactical 1.5" Cobra belt. I like the tail keeper instead of Velcro. I have plain black with a polished buckle. I've used other "instructor" belts from various brands and an older Galco leather belt in dress attire.

Posts: 5161 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wilderness.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10996 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Beltman 1.5 black. All day, every day for almost 10 years holding up a fullsize P220. No appreciable wear yet.

To top it off, they are awesome to deal with each time I have called them.

T

Posts: 37 | Registered: November 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fenris:
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:
Originally posted by hray:
https://www.armourbelts.com/

Every day except on shift. It's an excellent belt

Both my fiancée and I were Mike's belts. Next one I get will be the dress belt.

^^^ This. Great belt.

Add me to the list, as well. Great belt, & super tough.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5478 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
Jason Winnie Leathergoods 1.5 single layer.

Posts: 5694 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
EDC is a Nexbelt Titan model. If I go leather, it's Hanks.

I'm really liking my Nexbelt Titan.
I see they have some nice dress belts too.

Posts: 7349 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Before you buy anything call the people at
A Better Belt USA. They can at least offer some advice. I have two of their ultimate belts and they are fantastic. The one pictured is in black buffalo with nylon reinforcing and it will support the heaviest full sized gun I own with no sagging at all.
http://www.abetterbeltusa.com/

Posts: 210 | Registered: February 17, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
Thanks Drab.

quote:
Originally posted by drabfour:
quote:
Originally posted by Ironmike57:

Jerry Bissle. Mike now runs the place.

https://www.armourbelts.com

Posts: 1978 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Magpul makes a belt called the Tejas, I believe. Leather on the outside, kydex-ish on the inside. I wear it at work and use either a paddle or OWB holster. It has stood up extremely well, I will buy another.

I used to use 5.11 belts but they suck. The liner is sandwiched between the leather and it tends to snap at the point you use it the most.

Magpul Tejas.

Posts: 7459 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
Mine is from Beltman.

Posts: 5616 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sea Bass
posted Hide Post
Everyday or at least the 5 work days I wear one of three Redwing belts: Black, dark brown or light brown. They are thick and have brass buckles. They are on the expensive side but worth it.
SB

"Shohna ba Shohna - Shoulder to Shoulder"

Posts: 1645 | Location: Knox/Etown KY | Registered: June 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post