SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    What belt do you wear everyday
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What belt do you wear everyday Login/Join 
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted
I've had a Milt Sparks belt for probably 13 years now. I wear it everyday. It's getting worn from a finish stand point, but the belt has held up.

Sooner or later, I'm probably going to have to add another belt, retire this to entirely casual use and get something that looks better.

What sort of belt do you wear? Do you have carry belts that are narrower to wear with more "dressy" pants? This one is 1.5", great with jeans, but sometimes doesn't fit smaller loops.

So, looking for another 1.5" and a narrower one both able to support carry both IWB and OWB.

Posts: 17342 | Location: Northern Vermont | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Garand thumb’s belt from lonzo defense

For ME:
DA/SA= Sig 9mm
Striker fired= Glock 9mm
If it's a .45= 1911
Suppressed= HK in .45
I like anything in 10mm

Posts: 1442 | Location: VA | Registered: July 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knowing a thing or two
about a thing or two
Picture of hray
posted Hide Post
https://www.armourbelts.com/

Every day except on shift. It's an excellent belt

P226 NSWG
P220 W. German
P239 SAS gen2
P6 1980 W. German
P228 Nickel
P365XL
M400 SRP

Posts: 1139 | Location: South Miami Dade | Registered: May 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
75% Wilderness
25% Beltman

My wife uses an Armour and it's nice as well. I highly recommend the Wildnerness, I have several in various colors and buckles. The Titanium instructor belt is Gucci for sure.

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
What sort of belt do you wear?

This Beltman, 1½", in black. The buckle is actually nickel but this doesn't show in the lighting.

(Just taken for a holster review.)

I have had it since 2006 or 2007. It is still going strong, and I am even using the same hole. Smile I have a Wilderness "Instructor" as well and it has a slight advantage in infinite adjustability, but holster clips are more difficult to hook under it for some reason.

quote:
Do you have carry belts that are narrower to wear with more "dressy" pants?

No, but I don't do "dressy" either. Big Grin I wear a uniform for work and casual but neat (except for the untucked shirt tail to hide my gun) on my own time. A 1¼" belt of sufficient stiffness will support all but very heavy guns, however.

Posts: 27929 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Raidersrule
posted Hide Post
Ares gear Aegis all day, every day. Have for the last four and a half years. They're spectacular.

-----------------
"What if... What if grasshoppers carried .45s? Then maybe birds wouldn't **** with them so much?"

Matt Graham, Graham Combat
Discussing what if scenarios regarding cover/crowding

"Our wonderful citizenry expect the worst from police and the great majority of the time, they simply get the best."

Posts: 2873 | Registered: October 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
I wear a 2" leather belt from a place nearby called Law Enforcement Supply.

For work, I need a solid belt, and so really I just wear it all the time. Tools of all kinds hang from the belt.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hray:

Both my fiancée and I were Mike's belts. Next one I get will be the dress belt.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
I bought a 1.75" BIANCHI B9 "fancy stitch" belt 25 years ago before they became part of GALCO. It was thick leather, stitched around the perimeter and a fancy stitching down the middle. It came in brown but I dyed it black. I've had to repair the solid brass buckle a few times but it's still better than most out there now.

Years have softened the leather but it's still my daily wear belt.

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Same belt as Egregore from Beltman. As far as belt loops go, I simply wear pants with loops that fit the belt. I'm a part timer in a gun store, so tactical pants or shorts work everyday for me.

Posts: 17139 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Beltman. My 1.5" belt gets worn nearly all of the time, while my 1.25" belt gets worn with suits. Both are double-layer bullhide belts. I wouldn't hesitate to get another one. In fact, I'm thinking about ordering a horsehide belt from him.

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts." Sherlock Holmes

Posts: 1286 | Registered: February 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Armed and Gregarious
Picture of DMF
posted Hide Post
For more than a decade I've used a 1.25" wide Kramer double thick horsehide belt. Pricey, but worth every penny.

"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want." - William Tecumseh Sherman

Posts: 12591 | Location: Nomad | Registered: January 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
I wear either a brown or black Bigfoot double thickness steel-lined 1 1/2" belt, both at work (not carrying) and when off (carrying).

Theses belts are super supportive of my M11-A1 and 2 spare mags. Just a tad too thick for a couple of my holsters and mag carriers, but I also have a couple Wilderness belts for those times.

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1680 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:
Originally posted by hray:

Both my fiancée and I were Mike's belts. Next one I get will be the dress belt.

^^^ This. Great belt.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
EDC is a Nexbelt Titan model. If I go leather, it's Hanks.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16070 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
Wilderness for me, I don’t even remember just how old it is but is looking well worn......perfect!

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post

Posts: 8146 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
I bought a crossbreed Brown 1.5” about 12 years ago. I still wear it when carrying. It’s starting to get a bit worn out in the stitching.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sybo:
Wilderness for me, I don’t even remember just how old it is but is looking well worn......perfect!

The Wilderness for me as well. They are the only ones I own (3 of them). 1.5" for everyday when not carrying a gun. 1.75" for carry and matches. All 5 stitch.

Posts: 10784 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truckin' On
Picture of AH.74
posted Hide Post
I have a 3-stitch Wilderness that I wear at work every day. I found it on clearance somewhere and it was a color I didn't have (green- darker than OD) so I grabbed it. It's a little less stiff and therefore a bit more comfortable than the 5-stitch and I don't need belt-carry stiffness as I pocket carry a micro while there. It has held up well. For all other regular carry off-work situations I have 5-stitches as it's 99% OWB.

I have 1.5" Beltman horsehides in brown and black for better dress occasions, as well as a 1.25" black one for pants with smaller loops.

Posts: 7344 | Location: Hermit’s Peak | Registered: November 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post