SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Any thoughts on the M&P Shield in .45?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any thoughts on the M&P Shield in .45? Login/Join 
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted
OK, I admit the current fire sale and rebates got me looking at the Smith M&P Shields. The 9mm really does not fit my hand well, the trigger guard wants to do harm to my middle finger. The .45 on the other hand seems very comfortable. I have a hard problem justifying it since I've got a Sig 239 .40 and a Sig 1911 C3 that are roughly the same size and capacity that I carry. Really the justification is something I can leave in the console vault of the truck, have it handy, and it's cheap enough that I don't care if it gets beat up. The .45 in a small package does't worry me. I used to carry a Glock 36 which is similar in size.

What say the forum?

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11765 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted Hide Post
PSA's current pricing plus the $75 rebate hooked me. I figure that for $225 I can't beat it for a truck gun or a CCW for the bike.

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.

Posts: 3633 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nframe
posted Hide Post
I bought 2 of the 45's. i love shooting and carrying one. The other one will be a gift for my dad
They are great shooters.

Posts: 2912 | Location: mid S.C. | Registered: March 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My thought is if you are interested, pick one up before the rebate expires or they are all sold out at the current price.

Posts: 970 | Location: Virginia | Registered: August 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Seotaji
posted Hide Post
I hope they go back on sale. I just missed them for $215 after rebate. Would pair it with a threaded barrel.

All the videos show very snappy recoil, but the improved grip texture looks very good.

Posts: 6917 | Registered: February 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post