SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    CZ 75 Tactical Sport Orange - what magazines?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CZ 75 Tactical Sport Orange - what magazines? Login/Join 
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted
Can someone tell me what magazines this version of the TS takes? Are they peculiar to the new version of the pistol or the same as the original Tactical Sport or perhaps the Shadow 2?

I'm interested in this gun, but alas, Vermont has limited gun owners to 15 round pistol magazines. However, I have a bunch of pre-owned, legal magazines for the original TS which I have and the Shadow 2, all purchased prior to the ban going into effect.

The New TS can be purchased with 10 round magazines, but it would be even more appealing if I could use standard capacity magazines I own legally.

Posts: 17342 | Location: Northern Vermont | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Google says TSO takes TS magazines but Shadow uses CZ75 magazines, not interchangeable.

Posts: 3278 | Location: Florence, Alabama, USA | Registered: July 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
I found a CZ Custom WEB page that list "six different magazines" none of which will fit the others frames. There is one listing for the Tactical Sport with no distinction between the older TS and the TS Orange. So, perhaps they are interchangeable.

Posts: 17342 | Location: Northern Vermont | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
Tactical Sport and Tactical Sport Orange use the same mags.

Shadow 2 is smaller and aren’t I interchangeable with the Tactical Sport.

I buy these for my Tactical Sport Orange and never an issue. https://gregcotellc.com/cart/c...ne-11171-p-1406.html

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8339 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Riley:
Tactical Sport and Tactical Sport Orange use the same mags.

Shadow 2 is smaller and aren’t I interchangeable with the Tactical Sport.

I buy these for my Tactical Sport Orange and never an issue. https://gregcotellc.com/cart/c...ne-11171-p-1406.html

Thanks!

posted Hide Post
As far as I know the Checkmate mags that do not have the orange base but are still 20 rounders will fit the TSO and are just under $50. The orange ones are just over $70 and very difficult to find. CZ told me they get very few of them in stock.

__________________Making Good People Helpless . . . Will Not Make Bad People Harmless!___________________

Posts: 1731 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: May 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
Yep, the Checkmate is mostly the same frame. It has a shorter dust over to allow for the rear motion of the comp during cycling.

The Orange base pads are nice as they are aluminum instead of plastic but don’t look good after several drops. Not worth the $ anyway, I only have some as they came with gun. I’ve since replaced them with CZ Custom extended bases for USPSA. I can fit 20rds of 40 in them now.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8339 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post