SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    H&K VP9 question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

H&K VP9 question Login/Join 
Picture of aguilar64
posted
I want to buy an H&K VP9, my question is the following, is there a trigger difference between all the VP9’s? I know with the P30’s there are different types of triggers.
Thanks

“When the law disarms good guys, bad guys rejoice.”
― Ted Nugent

Posts: 2206 | Location: North East | Registered: November 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
Not that I'm aware of, all of the VP9's are striker fired.

---------------------------------------
www.AppalachianConcealment.com

Posts: 6555 | Location: S.W. Virginia | Registered: March 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My VP9 and VP9SK are the same.

Posts: 8954 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
All the same.

When I bought mine the guy at the counter tried to tell me that the LE version came with a better trigger.

I had to educate him............ Big Grin

Posts: 779 | Location: Colorado | Registered: October 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
As others have stated, no difference. The only difference in an LE or standard VP9 is the addition of tritium sights and an extra magazine with the LE variant.

Personally, I found the LE variant well worth the $60 to upgrade, as the magazine by itself goes for $35. Add tritium nights for another $25? Uhhhh...okay. Cool

Posts: 10740 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
All are strikers. There may be some subtle differences between guns (common trait with strikers) but the trigger genotype is the same. Fact is, of the VP9 and VP40 triggers that I've sampled from the guns that have come into our shop, all feel very close to being identical to my own VP9 and VP40. HK is one of the better makers in getting the pull and break fairly consistent from gun to gun.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of maladat
posted Hide Post
As far as I know, they are all the same, but "they're all strikers" doesn't answer the question.

The trigger mechanism is independent of the ignition mechanism (the striker).

If HK wanted to, they could make striker-fired VP9s in DAO, SAO, DA/SA with and without decocker, multiple pull weights for each type, with and without safety for each type, etc.

Posts: 6319 | Location: CA | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post