SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    How good are Magpul Glock magazines?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How good are Magpul Glock magazines? Login/Join 
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted
A LGS has them for 1/2 the price of Glock brand magazines. I could use a few more G17 and G19 magazines.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4981 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Since the previous thread was from January, I will add this:
I have three for a G17. No problems. I would guess about 500 rounds with them. May buy some more and hope they expand the caliber choices.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
I've got some 140mm's in bound to test out..

Posts: 5383 | Location: MS | Registered: June 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love the 21's.

Posts: 7346 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 77Bronc
posted Hide Post
I really like them, did not find out about them until late last year...as we got closer to the election last year, I purchased a bunch of them. Since then I started using them more and more. The Glock OEM mags went into storage. Now use the Magpul exclusively for range work.

Thanks,

77Bronc
Sig Pistols
Glock Pistols
Colt 1911 Pistols
LMT Rifles
Larue OBR 5.56 Rifle
Rem 700 Custom Build

Posts: 434 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: April 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the input. Sorry I missed the other thread.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nframe
posted Hide Post
I've been using the mag pul and the ETS mags for a few years with no problems at all and many thousands of rounds.
I'm confident that they work and use them interchangeably with Glock mags without giving them a second thought.

Posts: 2912 | Location: mid S.C. | Registered: March 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Danman
posted Hide Post
Work perfectly fine for me.

NRA Certified Instructor

Posts: 970 | Registered: February 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
I dry fired with mine last night, they feel sturdier than the ETS mags I have. I wont be able to shoot them until this weekend, but I expect them to work like everything else Magpul makes...

Posts: 5383 | Location: MS | Registered: June 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've got about 20 of them and they have been 100% reliable.

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
No problemos with mine other than the springs are rather ornery when new. Getting 'blackjack' into a 21 rounder was near impossible without my Uplula. Even with a few hundred rounds through each it remains a struggle without the benefit of using a loader. But that can be said of factory magazines as well.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
No issues at all with the few I have for my G17 and 19. I actually kind of prefer them.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bmo
posted Hide Post
Mine have been great. Have a number of both the G17 and G19 models. A few thousand rounds between them. Only complaint is about the G19 model because of the huge baseplate. Makes the gun pretty close in height to a G17, at which point, why not just use the G17 mags and get 2 more rounds? I just hate overly large baseplates unless they're giving me more capacity lol

Posts: 2653 | Registered: November 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
I still think they are good to go. I like the 21 rounders. The price is great. They are reliable. You can buy two of the 21 rounders for what a single +4 or +5 mag extension to add to a 17 rounder costs.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37081 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a few for my G19s, they work great.

I was shooting this winter with Magpul and ETS, the ETS followers stuck in the cold, the Magpul mags kept running.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've had a few that I've put a lot of rounds through; several thousand so far. The one to talk to about the magpul is Jerry Jones, on this site. He's done a lot of testing and research with them for his department, and in the classes he teaches. he spoke highly of them.

I put them in the rotation on my belt and didn't take time to differentiate them from Glock factory magazines; they all performed the same with no notable difference.

I'm inclined to carry Glock magazines, but have no issues training with the magpuls.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Heck, Just about the only thing I can think of that would be a deterrent would be that the Kriss Vector magazine extensions won't fit any of the the Magpul magazines. Other than that... ?

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post