SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    My new Sig P220 Elite 10MM, SS, SAO, Lipsey edition. (Pictures)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My new Sig P220 Elite 10MM, SS, SAO, Lipsey edition. (Pictures) Login/Join 
Picture of Rockyriver
posted
I have been looking for a Sig P220 Elite, 10MM, SS SAO for awhile. I was at a local gun show in Raleigh,NC when I ran up on a new one in the box a dealer had. After holding the gun I knew I had to have it.
I got it for $1200 even out the door, which isn't a deal, But I couldn't of got it off gun broker any cheaper after all the fees and shipping. And for those who own these guns know that magazines are a little rare right now for the gun. However the dealer had a bunch of extras to sell. So I bought five extra mags and along with the two that came with the gun that gives me an ample supply of mags I feel. And before anyone ask about how the mags fit? Yes the mags fit snug in the gun, but not overly tight as I have read others complain about the mags being very tight.
Let me shut up and show some pictures of the beauty.

Posts: 38 | Registered: January 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
Nice P220. Glad you found what you were looking for.

My Lipsey's edition is the reverse two-tone DA/SA.

Enjoy!

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1930 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Nice!

I had to have one when they first came out. You did better than many at that price point. I'm with you on the extra magazines as well. How well does it shoot?

Posts: 9144 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on that beauty!

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of inspcalahan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Redhookbklyn:
Nice P220. Glad you found what you were looking for.

My Lipsey's edition is the reverse two-tone DA/SA.

Enjoy!

As is mine - reverse two-tone DA/SA. Love it! I originally bought it because I wanted a new 10mm and there it was. Then I stumbled on a Glock 40, customized it a bit and decided that would be my woods gun. For reasons only known to my inner preferences, that Glock hasn't left the safe in 2 years and the Sig 10 rides on my belt several times a month.

Posts: 822 | Location: Alaska | Registered: April 29, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Love that gun! Congrats! Hope you like yours as much as I like mine.

Cathy

Posts: 302 | Registered: August 10, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is probably going to be my next purchase. I've been debating on what to get for a month or 2 while I save up and this is one of the guns I've been debating between.

Great looking gun congrats

Posts: 1301 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
I thought every P220 10mm except the Kryptek dip is a Lipsey's edition.

Nice gun, btw.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Bad ass! Love it.
But, you need to vacuum that carpet. Big Grin

Q

Posts: 26352 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What does your SAO trigger break at? Mine is 5-5.5lbs. Seems a bit heavy and not as nice as the SA on my 220ST

Posts: 715 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: December 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
Very nice! Congratulations!

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1680 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
I looked at a few of the 220's in ten mm and they appeal SO MUCH....I'm going to move one of my 3rd Gen S&W 1000 series to finance one.
For ME, as a dyed in the wool, dedicated S&W guy...that is no small feat.

I'm torn on DA/SA or SAO though.

Congrat's on the new acquisition!

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sig sailor
posted Hide Post
Good looking gun. Enjoy!

"Do not approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction." John Deacon, Author

I asked myself if I was crazy, and we all said no.

Posts: 1679 | Location: Between Rock & Hard Place (Pontiac & Detroit) | Registered: December 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Peanut71:
What does your SAO trigger break at? Mine is 5-5.5lbs. Seems a bit heavy and not as nice as the SA on my 220ST

Robert Burke will make short work of that. Mine breaks at the requested 3 lbs, and is smooth as can be.

Rockyriver, I hope you enjoy yours as much as I do mine (Nitron model but otherwise the same as yours). With my small hands, I found going to Hogue's G10 checkered grips was an improvement. I reload lighter loads for the caliber and shoot the gun in IDPA matches. Regardless, with handloads or full power Underwood stuff, it is a tack driver.

Posts: 10784 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
Is the 10mm a good caliber? I haven't heard too much about it.

Sincerely,
Chuck Norris

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5050 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TrojanX4
posted Hide Post
Super nice addition to your collection, congrats. Wish I could own one of the babies in California.

Posts: 1874 | Location: Southern California | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post