SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    M&P Compact 2.0 4” Next To A Glock 19 And An APX Centurion
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

M&P Compact 2.0 4” Next To A Glock 19 And An APX Centurion Login/Join 
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted
I picked up my M&P compact 2.0 yesterday. I got the 4” model. I haven’t shot it yet but here are a few pics with my G19 and APX Centurion. The trigger is pretty good, the reset is much improved over my full size 1.0. At one time I owned three M&P’s but sold them all. They just weren’t there yet for me I guess. This is my first M&P in over ten years and I got to say the 2.0 is way better than the original.

I got the APX last December and it is a great pistol. My only gripe is that it is a chunky monkey compared to the Glock or the Smith. Probably has the best trigger of the bunch though.

Does anyone know what kind of night sights Smith uses? There is no tritium symbol, no date, and no name on them. The rear sight just has the M&P logo on it. The SKU of the pistol I got is 11675 and came with NS and three mags.

Sorry for the crappy pics. Right when I started to take them it got dark and began to pour out.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't know who makes sights for S&W. I have both the Glock and S&W, like them both. By the time I handled the Beretta, I was suffering from plastic fatigue. Pack up and kit out, I'm taking the G19.

Posts: 237 | Location: PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
The trigger is pretty good, the reset is much improved over my full size 1.0... I got to say the 2.0 is way better than the original.

Agreed, on both accounts. I put some Apex upgrades in my 1.0, including their sear and RAM, and the 2.0's factory trigger is still better. They got rid of the clunky/gravely trigger pull, and noticeably improved the reset.

quote:
Does anyone know what kind of night sights Smith uses? There is no tritium symbol, no date, and no name on them. The rear sight just has the M&P logo on it.

Trijicon. Unlike most sights, the Trijicon markings are on the underside. You can see them if you remove the factory night sights.

Posts: 32421 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Rouge in the clutch AGAIN! Thanks man. Never thought the markings might be on the bottom. I just knew I have never seen a tritium sight without them.

I cleaned and oiled her last night. A very nice gun and a great size. Through sheer familiarity I like the G19 but we'll see how the Smith does at the range. The more I dry fire and hold it the more I like it.

Picture of Beanhead
posted Hide Post
I thought the M&P had a better trigger than the APX...get the green striker spring assembly for the APX if you think the stock is good. Takes it to another level.

Posts: 1343 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I second the green striker spring in the APX. Love what it did to my Centurion!

“I'm fat because everytime I do your girlfriend, she gives me a cookie”.

Posts: 545 | Registered: December 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I never thought about getting a S&W 2.0 M&P until a couple weeks ago. There was a deal to good to miss and thought I would try it. I am glad I got it. The trigger is amazing, although I had to wet/dry sand a bit of the grip texture as it hurts to IWB carry. I am quite impressed with how nice it is.

Posts: 6840 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by patw:
I never thought about getting a S&W 2.0 M&P until a couple weeks ago. There was a deal to good to miss and thought I would try it. I am glad I got it. The trigger is amazing, although I had to wet/dry sand a bit of the grip texture as it hurts to IWB carry.

My M&P 2.0's grip texture was a bit rough when I first got it, but after a few hundred rounds, the sharp texture had dulled just enough to make it workable IWB. I didn't feel the need to resort to sanding, but it's certainly aggressive straight out of the box.

Posts: 32421 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Jesus, there is a lot of steel around that APX barrel on the front of the slide. From that angle it makes the other 2 look downright fragile.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Little update. Yea, I love this thing. Wow. I shot it a bit to break it in then I put it away and took out the G19 and the Centurion. Just pulled the M&P back out today. Love it. IMO Smith NAILED it with this one. I thought the grip was a little rough at first but now I'm ok with it. I found a Bullman holster for a full size M&P 1.0 I bought years ago and this fits perfectly and carries nice. The Beretta is great but dam it is a chunky monkey. That kills it for carry for me. The Glock and Smith are nice and slim.

Might have to look into a M2.0 45 compact.

Picture of fullmann
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:

Might have to look into a M2.0 45 compact.

Do it!!

I didn’t even shoot my 2.0 4” and doubled down for the 45 as well (though I went full-size)

I’ve had many a GLOCK and they just never did it for me. I was intrigued by the M&P, but the 1.0 just didn’t feel right. That rebate last year and a decent score on funbroker pushed me over the edge on the 2.0.

Posts: 412 | Location: Mid Michigan  | Registered: June 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am looking to get a .45 version myself eventually. They are very nice.

Posts: 6840 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
I am a Glock guy.

But I picked up an MP 2.0 because it was too good to pass up. It's a nice shooter, I didn't know there was a .45 version. Anxious to try out the Beretta APX

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Delta-3
posted Hide Post
I've got two compact 2.0's. One with night sights. The other is my EDC. (with a few additions)

Rom 13:4 If you do evil, be afraid. For he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is God's minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil.

Posts: 702 | Location: NW Ohio but Montana is always home. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Delta-3:
I've got two compact 2.0's. One with night sights. The other is my EDC. (with a few additions)

Sweet! Who did the RDS? L&M or ??

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Is the unusual slide gripping surface on the APX actually functional?

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
The slide serrations on the APX work, but of the three they are the least grippy. The Centurion also has a very stiff recoil spring, you really need to squeeze when you go to rack it. My full size APX is much easier to pull back with those serrations. I think the "fish gills" on the Smith are the best.

Picture of Delta-3
posted Hide Post
quote:

ATEIguns in Michigan did the milling for me. Excellent job! They even supply the RMR & the tall sights if you don't have either one already. I highly recommend them.

Rom 13:4 If you do evil, be afraid. For he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is God's minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil.

Posts: 702 | Location: NW Ohio but Montana is always home. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Delta-3:
quote:

ATEIguns in Michigan did the milling for me. Excellent job! They even supply the RMR & the tall sights if you don't have either one already. I highly recommend them.

Thank you!!

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post