SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Glock 19 mag well recommendation
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Glock 19 mag well recommendation Login/Join 
posted
For those with magwells on your Glock, what do you like. More for aiding grip than reloads, as my paws kinda hang off a standard 19 and I get pinched by the mags on insertion. Stock baseplates and no grip adapter on a gen 4.

Looking at Agency Arms, Zev and Suarez currently. All within ~$10 of each other.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2736 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would get a Glock 17 my man, seriouly. Don't sound like it fits.

Posts: 465 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I tried to like the G19 twice, I had the same issue as you and like mentioned already I know carry a G17. With good gear is not much different than when I carried the G19, out of those 3 I really liked the Suarez and I added some Vickers base plates to my mags. That was the set up that was closest to comfortable for me.

Posts: 931 | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JDG:
I would get a Glock 17 my man, seriouly. Don't sound like it fits.

I agree 100%

Posts: 931 | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfe 21:
For those with magwells on your Glock, what do you like. More for aiding grip than reloads, as my paws kinda hang off a standard 19 and I get pinched by the mags on insertion. Stock baseplates and no grip adapter on a gen 4.

Looking at Agency Arms, Zev and Suarez currently. All within ~$10 of each other.

If your hands are too big for a G19, then a G17 is the logical choice.

As for a mag well, the agency arms minimalist well is my choice, and I have them on quite a few of my Glocks. It adds very little, but enough to be useful and to enhance grip; standard G19 mags still work, and do so with any base plate. I use Vickers baseplates, and they're actually larger than the agency arms minimalist mag well.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Misanthropic Philanthrope
Picture of MWC
posted Hide Post
Agency Arms all the way. I have one on my G32 Gen 3 and my G19 Gen 4. In addition to much smoother reloads, the mag well will push your fingers higher into the gun improving your grip. I think your firing hand will feel more locked into the gun.

And even if you have extra big paws and go with a G17 as some have suggested, I think you'd still benefit from a mag well for all of the reasons above.

Posts: 6772 | Registered: June 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MWC:
Agency Arms all the way. I have one on my G32 Gen 3 and my G19 Gen 4. In addition to much smoother reloads, the mag well will push your fingers higher into the gun improving your grip. I think your firing hand will feel more locked into the gun.

And even if you have extra big paws and go with a G17 as some have suggested, I think you'd still benefit from a mag well for all of the reasons above.

True, but with extended shooting sessions, now your dealing with blisters on your middle finger from the trigger guard. Of course why not undercut that too, while your at it making the gun fit your hand.

Posts: 465 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a TTI grip on my 34 and had a ZEV original brass mag well on my 17,like you, not for the magazine reloading but because they definitely give you a better purchase on the gun. I noticed the gen 5 I have has a similar feel with the new frame/mag well built in.I was skeptical at first about adding anything onto the pistol but after handling a Glock with an added mag well on it, I was sold on them and so are many shooters I know. They don't make the gun print while carrying anymore than a stock one, at least for me. Mind you I don't carry these larger pistols but really enjoy shooting them because of that feature and use them for h.d..

I have been looking at getting one for my G19 gen 4 as well and have been looking at the Agency mag wells. They make a wide array of sized mag wells depending on what configuration of pistol you have (Ex.-gen 3 vs. gen 4 with different back straps) and they even sell "blems" that are discounted,price wise. They are one of the very few manufacturers that make a mag well for those that need the back straps and the extended tang/beaver tail on them. I feel it is one upgrade that is actually beneficial without having the need to be tacticool.

Posts: 6874 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MWC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by patw:

I have been looking at getting one for my G19 gen 4 as well and have been looking at the Agency mag wells. They make a wide array of sized mag wells depending on what configuration of pistol you have (Ex.-gen 3 vs. gen 4 with different back straps) They are one of the very few manufacturers that make a mag well for those that need the back straps and the extended tang/beaver tail on them.

Yes. I have the medium beavertail backstrap on my G19 and the Agency mag well for that configuration fits perfectly.

Picture of MWC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JDG:
quote:
Originally posted by MWC:

True, but with extended shooting sessions, now your dealing with blisters on your middle finger from the trigger guard. Of course why not undercut that too, while your at it making the gun fit your hand.

I have a big callus on that knuckle. I actually have to cut it away every once and a while. But I do do some contouring of the trigger guard on my Glocks.

Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
One of the reasons I swapped to Gen 5 G19’s, the flared mag well...

Posts: 13806 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wasabi
posted Hide Post
I have an Agency Arms on my 32. Didn't think I'd like it but I'm actually liking it a lot. Not just for the reload part but how it makes the grip feel now.

Posts: 731 | Location: Lutz, FL | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of zerious
posted Hide Post
I put a Blacklist mag well on my 23. It helps with the reload pinch and it fits my Hyve +0 base plates without issue. Look for their blemished items and save some cash (mine was 20.00 cheaper than list price and the only imperfection - the logo wasn't in the right spot).

"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."
- Carl Sagan

Posts: 2120 | Location: Arizona | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
An i the only one that likes Magpul’s magwell? I have it on my duty weapon (gen4 31) and my play gun (35mos). I already bought another one for whenever we get approved for new duty guns.

I haven’t tried it on my compacts yet.

If you do get another gun, try the 19X. Same slide length but 17 grip.

Black version coming soon if you don’t like the color.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8013 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
I put a Magpul mag well on my G19 for the same reasons. The meat of my right hand would also interfere with the empty mags dropping freely too. Any smallish mag well will help you tremendously.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rustpot
posted Hide Post
I have the Suarez on my Gen4. It has sharper edges to it, I wouldn't buy it again.

My 19 has the finger grooves zipped off, a mild undercut, and I'm using a medium beavertail with the bottom half chopped off. Finally a Glock I don't hate shooting.

If I get another Glock it will be a Gen5, then I might not have to change anything.

Posts: 6030 | Location: Romeo, MI | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the Suarez and I like that it locks my hand onto the grip like a shelf. I also had a gen 3 Magpul well and that worked surprisingly well if only a little lip is desired.ags insert easily as well but I mostly got both of them for the shelf.

A few negatives I've noticed about the Suarez are it's a bit blocky and sharp in a cargo pocket which it how I carry it at work. I don't imagine most people pocket carry a 19 so that's a bit of a moot point but I imagine it adds to it's "print" when I iwb on my hip. Also I feel like I have to reach up into the Magwell with my fingers if the mag doesn't drop free. That's just kind of a Magwell thing but I wanted to give as much feedback as possible.

Posts: 3044 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
If a 17 or a 19X isn't in the books, I went with a Salient magwell. The matching baseplates for the magazines add a nice touch and aides in the swapping of the mags. If only I had stopped there...

Posts: 9144 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post