SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig P210-3 Police Lousanne and Police Basel
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig P210-3 Police Lousanne and Police Basel Login/Join 
Picture of BullBarrel
posted

210-3 Police Lousanne
210-3 Police Basel

These took a while to find. Both 1950s.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BullBarrel,

Posts: 184 | Registered: April 08, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Nice Cool

Posts: 26903 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Purdy, those are georgous

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wgsigs
posted Hide Post
Congrats. Very nice. Do these P210s also have the canton coat of arms like the SIG Sauer Swiss police guns do? Could you post pics of them if they do?

Posts: 2807 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
These are beautiful!!

As someone who has not done any collecting yet, how do you rack down pieces like this?

Gun shows are illegal in my state as far as I can tell...

Posts: 114 | Location: NJ | Registered: December 09, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by timrh23:
As someone who has not done any collecting yet, how do you rack down pieces like this?
You have to know all the right people, take all the right pills. Throw outrageous parties, pay heavenly bills.

Posts: 107576 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
You have to know all the right people, take all the right pills. Throw outrageous parties, pay heavenly bills.

Damn Mad

Posts: 114 | Location: NJ | Registered: December 09, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BullBarrel
posted Hide Post
quote:
These are beautiful!!

- you have to study the small details between models and sub-models, and study their market values.
- prices swing WILDLY between them and usually are tied to the rarity of the sub-model
(210-2, 6 are relatively easy to find, -1 a bit harder, Heavy frames such such as -6, -5 harder, then -6S, -5LS, -8 harder yet.
While -8 and 5-LS, SP 47/8 seem to command the highest prices, my -7 (22LR) or these -3 were actually a bit trickier for me to find than -5LS or -8.

- ultimately, searching outside of the USA helps. Prices are higher here as there is less guns offered for sale. The rare ones REALLY jump in price here. (i.e I saw only one of these -3s being offered here in the USA in a quite a while and the asking price was close to 7 big ones)

Picture of BullBarrel
posted Hide Post

quote:
Originally posted by wgsigs:
Congrats. Very nice. Do these P210s also have the canton coat of arms like the SIG Sauer Swiss police guns do? Could you post pics of them if they do?

Both of these -3s just arrived yesterday from Europe. Did not get a chance to take decent pictures yet. I have never seen P210-3 with any cantonal coat of arms.

However, I do have -1 and -6 that were used by Canton Police Thurgau and they have such marking. However these two are newer guns vs. the older 210-3s from 1950s.

P210-3s are technically polished blue 210-1s with a loaded chamber indicator). However, what makes them special is their rarity. Only around 900 of them exist.
That is a very small number (roughly 0.3 %) vs. about quarter million of Swiss P210 produced from 1947 until 2005.

Only a handful were sold commercially to private users and the vast majority was issued to 3 police departments in 3 cities (Basel, Lausanne, Glarus).

Not only few of them ever pop up for sale, but since they are over 60 years old, it is not easy to find one in this nice condition.

These 2 are from Basel and Lausanne. I have not decided yet if I will pursue one also from Glarus or if I will keep only one of these -3s, sell the other one and move on after another P210 model.

SIG-Sauer
Anthropologist
posted Hide Post
The P210-3 was issued to communal police forces of Basel Stadt or Lausanne, not to the cantonal police. P210-3 pistols dont have cantonal ownership markings for that reason. Regular P210 pistols might have coat of arms depending on canton.

Nice -3. Mine is from Lausanne. Congratulations. Did they took care with the impprt markings?

Posts: 3775 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: January 24, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OTD:
Did they took care with the impprt markings?

OP is the importer himself. Pretty sure he took great care of the marking job. Wink

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BullBarrel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
Originally posted by OTD:
Did they took care with the impprt markings?

OP is the importer himself. Pretty sure he took great care of the marking job. Wink

Big Grin Eek Big Grin

Picture of MG34_Dan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BullBarrel:
quote:
These are beautiful!!

- you have to study the small details between models and sub-models, and study their market values.
- prices swing WILDLY between them and usually are tied to the rarity of the sub-model
(210-2, 6 are relatively easy to find, -1 a bit harder, Heavy frames such as -6, -5 harder, -6S, -5LS, -8 harder yet. While -8 and 5-LS, SP 47/8 seem to command the highest prices, my -7 (22LR) or these -3 were actually a bit trickier for me to find than -5LS or -8, or -7
- ultimately, searching outside of the USA helps. Prices are higher here as there is less guns offered for sale. The rare ones REALLY jump in price here. (i.e. I saw only one of these -3s being offered here in the USA in a quite a while and the asking price was close to 7 big ones)

Have you ever encountered a non-BGS P210-4?

As referenced in Vetter:

“Elections have consequences, and at the end of the day, I won.”
– Barack Hussein Obama, January 23, 2009

Posts: 2191 | Location: Austin Texas USA | Registered: February 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BullBarrel
posted Hide Post

quote:
Originally posted by MG34_Dan:

Have you ever encountered a non-BGS P210-4?

Yes, I have encountered a few, also kind of rare P210s.
Similar to the original SP47/8 and 210-3 because 210-4s also have the same 'loaded chamber indicator' on top of the slide.
One notable difference is that the 210-4 does not have the lanyard loop (same as late 1940s SP 47/8 pictured above)

There are around 5000+ 210-4 (Bundesgrenzschutz or German Border patrol) pistols in existence (contract fulfilled from early to mid 1950s).
There are only 896 of the original SP 47/8
Around 900 of 210-3
Less than 400 of 210-7
....and allegedly (while these numbers are just a speculation) under 300 of 210-6S, 210-5LS and 210-8 pistols.

Pictured above:
- 1947 SP 47/8
- early 1950s P210-4
- Late 60s / early 1970 P210-7 in 22LR
- 2004 P210-6S Heavy Frame

Picture of wgsigs
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the photos. If the P210-3s do not have cantonal markings, then what are the shield marks to the left of the "POLIZEI"? They appear to be the same on both guns and look like the coat of arms for Thurgau to my old eyes.

EDIT: Never mind. I actually read your post a second time instead of skimming and see that the photos are not of your new guns. Red Face

Posts: 2807 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MG34_Dan
posted Hide Post
Yet another early SP 47/8. From the Swedish Sports Shooters contract. This one has both the 7.65 and 9mm barrels:

Early and late BGS P210-4s:

Posts: 2191 | Location: Austin Texas USA | Registered: February 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BullBarrel
posted Hide Post
Congrats on SP 47/8 s/n 6073 - VERY early one.
Last prototype was #6028, so only 45th P210 ever made, how cool is that ?
(mine is 6188, 160th 210 ever made)
My 2 BGS models are D1790 and D4980

Picture of MG34_Dan
posted Hide Post
quote:

Does anyone know who remarked the later s/n BGS P210-4s when they were sold to the civilian market?

3° that never cooled
Picture of rock185
posted Hide Post
Just WOW you guys! Unwashed, and relatively ignorant, non-collector here. I bought my first 210s,-2s and -6s, back in the '80s. I was amazed that such precisely fitted pistols, with such fine triggers, had been selected as military and police pistols back in the postwar era. Aren't pistols supposed to be loosely fitted,ie, exhibit a "battle rattle", to be reliable enough to be worthy of military or police useWink I continue to enjoy the information and photos you more knowledgeable collectors post, and look forward to more in future.

NRA Life

Posts: 1564 | Location: Under the Tonto Rim | Registered: August 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG-Sauer
Anthropologist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MG34_Dan:
quote:

Does anyone know who remarked the later s/n BGS P210-4s when they were sold to the civilian market?

I dont understand the question. One part was sold to Denmark and numbered accordingly, some got commercial serial numbers and the latst batch went to Frankonia. Is it that what you mean? Closer informations can be found in Vetter Die Kuba Legende.

Posts: 3775 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: January 24, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post