SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Aimsurplus leo 229 9mm short extractor
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Aimsurplus leo 229 9mm short extractor Login/Join 
posted
Sub $500 with handpicked best of five. They have rails like some do hate, but I’ve been in the market for a 229 and the price was right. I’ll update when received. Will get a srt kit in there and and since grey reduced the price of the adjustable trigger...

We will see how much of a beater it is, but I’m stoked.

Posts: 82 | Registered: March 29, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
I have had a 229 9mm for many years and am very happy with it. These look like nice guns and a good deal.

Posts: 5615 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wasn't in the market for a 229, but at that price how could you pass it up?! Aim says nice finish and mechanics, they are usually right on with descriptions. I suspect it will be a smoking deal, and they are already out of stock.

ETA: Just noticed it's a short extractor to boot, now I'm even more excited. Big Grin

Posts: 1871 | Registered: June 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yep, was at dinner last night and got the email. Bought it right at the sushi bar, in between the arrival of the Payday roll and the salmon belly sashimi. That was expensive sushi in more ways than one. But so worth it. You get the opportunity to get a hell of a deal, you have to be ready to jump.

Very excited to get my hands on this. Aim does a great job and am sure they will deliver even better quality than they described. 7 magazines coming from CDNN as well. Yes, I forgot to add extra mags from Aim in all of my excitement.

It's all about clean living. Just do the right thing, and karma will help with the rest.

Posts: 1112 | Location: The Republic of Texas | Registered: April 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
Are these the “legacy” P229s?
Or after SIG consolidated on the 40SW frame for all P229s?

Posts: 6301 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hudr:

I've emailed Brian at Aim, I will let you know. Didn't know that was a thing until I was looking for mags.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hudr:

Here is a link LEO P229 to the deal. I don't know enough on time lines and the date these were produced to say one way or the other. But, I believe they are the older style. Maybe you can see from the photos. I have a thing for the W. German signs, so more familiar with those.

It's all about clean living. Just do the right thing, and karma will help with the rest.

Posts: 1112 | Location: The Republic of Texas | Registered: April 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wgsigs
posted Hide Post
From the photo in the link, yes, it has the Legacy slide with the half-height serrations and should also have the short extractor, as already mentioned in the title. Since the gun comes with one 13rd mag (from the ad) I would guess the frame has the narrow magazine well (pre P229-1) and was probably made in 2010 or before with a serial number prefix of "AM" or earlier. Wink

Congrats! I would love to have one of the old 9mm frame P229s, but I want one without the rail. I believe that frame is the same frame as the one on the P228.

Posts: 2807 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Top Gun Supply has the 15 round mags that will fit these. I just got some for my 229 LEGACY short extractor

Lawrence A Visocky (Larry V)

Posts: 494 | Registered: January 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Larry V:
Top Gun Supply has the 15 round mags that will fit these. I just got some for my 229 LEGACY short extractor

Yes.
SIG Sauer factory branded, Mec-Gar made 15-rnd flush fit

Aftermarket Mec-Gar 15-rd flush fit

Q

Posts: 26339 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
If fitting flush isn't a deal breaker the SCT mags (either Sig or Meggar stamped) will work perfectly with only the extension out of the bottom. Those are about all I use anymore.

Posts: 6008 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mine shipped today

posted Hide Post
Mine too. Hopefully can get it by the weekend!

Banned
posted Hide Post
Good luck on your magnificent purchase. I am thinking of having my great nephew buy one and I will give him the money. he will be 21 in March 2018.

Posts: 21829 | Registered: October 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just picked mine up, it looks new with glowing night sights! These were a steal. Got home and the Mecgar 15 rounders I got from Bud's for $19.99ea were on the porch. If I were any happier my pants would be wet.

posted Hide Post
They have the SRT installed! This just keeps getting better and better.

Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
Well now where are the pictures of these beauties?

Posts: 4985 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just picked mine up too. Will try pics tomorrow. Is a 2010 nitron srt nitelight rail. Had to pause a sec when I picked it up before I figured out it was set up lefty, but that’s a 2 second job to switch.

Trigger pull is good but I’ll be replacing with a Bruce because I don’t prefer the short reach. Short reset is nice.

Wear is minimal on barrel and slide. A little bit of wear on grips as likely exposed on a duty holster, no biggie there.

Didn’t get a good look at sight brightness, will have to check tomorrow when I get it out to clean and switch mag release.

My initial verdict is that these were a steal. Have wanted a 229 for carry but had trouble justifying +750 for a carry gun. I love my 226 combat and my 228 oldie, but have always carried glocks. Got this sub 500 and it just needs a $60 trigger and will replace mag spring with a wolff I already have extra. Already have a buttload of extra mags from the other pistols.

Quite pleased. Will update with some pics and after I can get to the range. Glad others like theirs too.