SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Talk me out of buying a p210
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Talk me out of buying a p210 Login/Join 
posted
Guys I've been waiting sense last year for the new p210's that were coming out but we have yet too see, a 5" with fixed sights is on my must have list.
So after a call too Sig customer service I was told they had no idea. Well should I just buy a new 210 with the adjustable sights and be satisfied or wait patiently.
What do you guys think? And by the way I want too carry this as my ccw .

Posts: 636 | Registered: February 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TJ 4X4:
Talk me out of buying a p210

Guys I've been waiting sense last year for the new p210's that were coming out but we have yet too see, a 5" with fixed sights is on my must have list.
So after a call too Sig customer service I was told they had no idea. Well should I just buy a new 210 with the adjustable sights and be satisfied or wait patiently.
What do you guys think? And by the way I want too carry this as my ccw .

Buy it. Big Grin

Q

Posts: 26384 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Waiting patiently is a perfectly appropriate response. Since this is Sig Forum, "get both" is also a perfectly appropriate response. Since this is the P210 we're talking about here, "go shopping for a 210-6" is a perfectly appropriate response as well. You've got all kinds of options. Razz

I'm waiting on the Carry, myself. The only debate in my head is whether or not to wait after they're introduced to see whether they seem to need further beta testing or not, and whether I do that or not is probably dependent on how flush I am at the time they come out.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gonna carry a P210. Okay. I mean, I know they were originally designed as a police pistol, but that's a huge pistol for limited capacity and concealability.

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1860 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fishjager
posted Hide Post

Too big for EDC, unless your at the range. But they sure are shooters. I like mine so much that I would not mind having another, just because.

Posts: 1341 | Location: North of Seattle | Registered: April 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BuddyChryst:
Gonna carry a P210. Okay. I mean, I know they were originally designed as a police pistol, but that's a huge pistol for limited capacity and concealability.

Many folks cc the full size 1911 everyday. But at least, it doesn't have that huge grip the P210A does.

Q

Posts: 26384 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
Buy it but don’t over pay. I have seen them online for $1300-1350.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Buy it and enjoy it everytime you take it out to the range. Enjoy it’s accuracy and smooth trigger.
At home, whilst cleaning it, enjoy it’s fit, finish and attention to detail.
Clean it, kiss it and put it in your safe till the next range day.
Tuck a Glock in your pants for edc.

Posts: 62 | Registered: January 02, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I wanna go home
Picture of jeeperxd
posted Hide Post
I just bought one today and I must say I can't wait to get to the range.
The trigger is perfect along with the fit and finish.

Posts: 1202 | Location: Pa | Registered: December 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
Come on in the water feels great!!

Posts: 3502 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Normality Contraindicated
Picture of italia
posted Hide Post
I fondled and dry fired one at LGS the other day. If I hadn't just spent money on another gun, I'd have probably bought it. The only other trigger in a new gun that I've felt was as good was a Wilson Combat 1911 (though there are a lot of great guns I've never handled/shot).

------------------------------------------------------
Though we choose between reality and madness
It's either sadness or euphoria

Posts: 2988 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: January 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HK Ag:
Come on in the water feels great!!

OK, I know its not what you meant, but if the circumstances required, I'd take mine swimming. I have no qualms about it doing its job as well as anything I can imagine. For those who say its only a 9mm or only takes a few rounds, its more important to hit what you aim at. I have 2, really, but I haven't even seen the -7 gun this year. It sleeps in its original box on its shelf. Makes me feel warm inside, too.

The -2 gun is just great. Enough wear that I don't worry about it at all, but its really nice. With a carry gun its very important to hit with the first shot. Most encounters are over with that first shot. Especially if you hit what you've aimed at. Fixed sights carry better than target sights. No rough angles. Mine cost too much because I've had it for a while now, and its in the P72,000s. Meaning the old Swiss guy who built it is probably long since dead. I found and bought a 3 caliber gun. I don't care if I have the 9mm or the .30 tube installed. Either will do its job nicely. Its as fine a handgun as anyone could want.

Some of you apparently get in gunfights all the time during your off hours. I haven't ever, and if the gun saves my bacon, I'll be grateful. And I'm not destitute enough that I wouldn't buy another if mine got itself confiscated for a while. I'd even value it more after I finally got it returned. Finishes on the military guns weren't all that pretty, just functional beyond belief.

On the Texas Ranger issue, some one was wearing a handgun to a social occasion. He was asked by a nice lady if he was expecting trouble. He replied no, and that if he was, he'd be carrying a rifle. I'm not nearly that nice and I would reply no. If I was expecting trouble, I wouldn't even go. And foolishly, maybe, I'd carry a double barrel if I still needed to go.

You carry a gun that you're sure will save your life. Cost be damned under those circumstances. Keep your glocks, I want my SIG.

Who here has been in a life or death encounter on their own time and needed more than 8 shots? After the first or second shot, I'm going to be looking for a way to escape. And I don't carry a backup magazine. You got any idea how much those cost?Big Grin If I end up dying, I hope it will be with my 210 empty after hitting everything I shot at.

P210s aren't perfect. Their just better than anything else I've ever owned or shot. Can you imagine spending eternity armed with an ugly handgun?

So the OP wants me to talk him out of buying a brand new P210. Nope, I'm not going to even try. I would prefer talking him into buying a Swiss gun. The old one who's maybe shortcomings are well known and disregarded. The American one may have some problems. Why risk it.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18388 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
It is not EDC, but nothing wrong with P210 for CCW...

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Join the club. I have waited 20 years to get mine this year.

Posts: 361 | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The worst money you spend is money you spend on something that you didn't want. The best money you spend is to get exactly what you want.......

Remember, this is all supposed to be for fun...................

Posts: 4123 | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
3° that never cooled
Picture of rock185
posted Hide Post
Unless you absolutely, positively, must have fixed night sights, I'd suggest the adjustable sight version. I have fixed and adjustable sighted P210s, but prefer the adjustable versions.
All equally accurate as far as I can tell, but with adjustables, one can adjust POA/POI exactly as wanted, with whatever ammo at whatever distance. Does this degree of precision matter in a carry gun? Probably not. But it is nice to have. I've owned P210s from time to time, but admit I've never carried one. The American Target model has a fiber optic front some prefer on their carry guns, so that should not be a detriment to carry, The adjustable rear is well protected on the American version, and the corners are at least beveled. I carried Colt Government Models, Gold Cups, Browning Hi Powers, etc. concealed a lot over the years, so the P210s have always felt rather svelte to me. A major detriment to carry of a Target model currently, would be the rather large, to say the least, target grips. It would sure be nice, and I'd sure like to have a set myself, but I'm not aware of any duty/service/carry type replacement grips available for the P210As right now......ymmv

NRA Life

Posts: 1564 | Location: Under the Tonto Rim | Registered: August 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing what I want,
When I want,
If I want!
Picture of beltfed21
posted Hide Post
Go fo it! You won’t be disappointed!

"On the other side of fear you will always find freedom"

Posts: 2667 | Registered: January 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Better to have a P210 than to not have a P210.

I’d like the Super Target, but what if it doesn’t come? Better snag the Target now.

Cathy

Posts: 302 | Registered: August 10, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG-Sauer
Anthropologist
posted Hide Post
t´s a good pistol. The only downside is, it will master it´s onwer and shoots where it´s pointed at, regadless of what the owner is planning to hit and how well the trigger feels. It will be noticed when the shooting distance will increase and the pistol has to be shot one handed, without support, standing on you own two feet.

The critital part are sustained and rapid fire course on the 25 yd range if the pistol has to be shot one handed, starting from the 45° ready position. Down to 20 second stings it´s OK. For faster series it´s too slow, even in a long slide configuration with a .30 Luger barrel.

For some pistol shooting disciplines, at least here in EU, the pattern has or had to be issued with either military or police or built according to their rules. First and second series P210 made in Switzerland are OK. Legends made in Germany are critical for the first rule, but the US version is excluded for sure. So if you want to compete with the pistol, make sure it will fit the rules or have a P220 handy as a back up, if the P210 won´t qualify.

Posts: 3775 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: January 24, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Now...why would we want to do that? Wink

Not my ideal for the carry role (long length, thumb safety, limited mag capacity), but if it works for you...sure.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post