SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Finally got the holy grail of Sig P210 pistols....
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Finally got the holy grail of Sig P210 pistols.... Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Gawd that is cool !

Thanks for the write up and pics.

Congrats !!!

Posts: 779 | Location: Colorado | Registered: October 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That was the one on GB most of the summer? Out of my price range. Congrats on an amazing piece

Posts: 4760 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Saturday night bump.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8941 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oldie but goodie Smile

I love the old P210 pistols

Posts: 1324 | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
^^^ Thanks, bac. Very helpful.
So, my P210-5 Target HF has CNC HF.

Hey, I noticed you sold your Legend a few months ago. I said, "What? bac selling his P210?" Now, I know. Big Grin
I'll share something with you about CNC machining of a basic part such as your pistol frame or slide, depending on the ways by which any hand fitting is achieved, it is not always what its cracked up to be. Fitting of parts is reliant on a dedicated craftsman who uses tools and abrasives and talent, to meld parts together. Not all people are so talented. By contrast, a quality CNC machine tool loaded with quality cutters, correctly programmed and good work holding will achieve tolerences beyond any hand fit. I have seen parts machined to fifty millionths. Thats .00005". It doesnt get any better. Perhaps a finish tolerence is better. Add the high quality of bar materials made for machining and especially for the arms industry and you get the picture, there is no 2nd best in a P210 CNC machined to a hand fitted gun cut on older manual machine tools.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post