SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Any of you guys using an RMR in addition to a light on your handgun?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any of you guys using an RMR in addition to a light on your handgun? Login/Join 
Master-at-Arms
Picture of apf383
posted
I am planning to mount my Trijicon RMR onto my P220 HD rig. Currently the Sig wears a Streamlight TLR-1HL, which is pretty bright. The RMR hasn't arrived yet but Im wondering if the light will wash out the red dot in low/no light. Anyone have any experience with this issue? Thanks.

Foster's, Australian for Bud

Posts: 7494 | Location: Stuck in NY, FUAC  | Registered: November 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 98XJRC
posted Hide Post
While I don't have experience with an RMR on a handgun I can speak briefly on using a red dot on a rifle with a light. Basically it all comes down to the brightness setting. If I turn the dot down for night (cut down on the bloom) then it will wash out with the light. If I leave it set at typical daylight brightness it's fine when I switch the light on.

Is the RMR you purchased an auto or manually adjusted? For manual I'd just always leave it bright, however I have no idea how well an auto does in that type of situation.

Posts: 782 | Location: PA  | Registered: December 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Which model RMR?

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10996 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master-at-Arms
Picture of apf383
posted Hide Post
Sorry, its the 3.25 moa RM06. Self adjusting I believe.

Posts: 7494 | Location: Stuck in NY, FUAC  | Registered: November 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'be shot lots of low and no light with an rmr 07 plus sure fire x series light and don't have any issues. But I manually adjust the intensity of mine and don't use the auto feature as I find it isn't very good at matching what I want.

To Do What is
Right and Just
posted Hide Post
Had a rmr years ago on a fnp45t and had no issues. It was the rmr that just auto adjusted and had no buttons (they still offer it but has no advantages over the rmr06). The big issues came with the tritium only ones. A light could wash out the reticle in a dark room.

Eventually going to another one, but not necessary yet for my eyes. Nows the time to buy though the deal from cabelas they have.

Posts: 2439 | Location: Usually Somewhere | Registered: July 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not One of
the Cool Kids
Picture of enidpd804
posted Hide Post
To an extent. I only have experience with the dual illuminated model. I'm told that the battery powered version is less prone to washing out. It only happens against a light-colored wall at very close distance. In that case, the front sight is more readily available anyway.

Posts: 3911 | Location: OK | Registered: August 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master-at-Arms
Picture of apf383
posted Hide Post
quote:
Nows the time to buy though the deal from cabelas they have.

Thats where I got mine. Thanks for the info guys.

Picture of bmo
posted Hide Post
I have the RM07 on my two G19's. Had the brightness where I liked it, but have tried it with both my X300U and the TLR-1 HL. Both lights washed out the red dot at the brightness I was using initially. So definitely something to test out if you're going to use it for carry or home defense.

If I put a light on I just turn up the brightness a couple clicks on the RMR.

Posts: 2653 | Registered: November 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have an RMR07 on my g19 with the surefire xc1 and it works well, no washout of the dot from a 200 lumen light.

Posts: 178 | Registered: May 16, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by apf383:
quote:
Nows the time to buy though the deal from cabelas they have.

Thats where I got mine. Thanks for the info guys.

That's a good price, I think they are clearing them out in anticipation of the 2.0 version coming soon.

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, how about a reflex sight on your semi-auto without spending the bucks for a P320 X-FIVE?
Check out www.sight-mount.com He has a small picatinny rail that attaches with 3 screws (requires drilling and tapping)
Then you can attach any reflex sight to that! That's a P320X-FIVE without the bucks. I chose a reflex that offered a picatinny mount.

Posts: 395 | Location: Green Valley, Arizona | Registered: May 01, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master-at-Arms
Picture of apf383
posted Hide Post
Cool idea I guess Horn, but no thanks. While it sucks being limited to the sight the slide is machined for, I think they are all mounted obscenely high as it is and don't care to go any higher.

posted Hide Post
Any solution that leaves no chance of cowitnessed irons is just dumb for any serious use.