SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Better Pricing for Safariland Holsters???
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Better Pricing for Safariland Holsters??? Login/Join 
posted
All...

Now that I have sorted out my new P320 XFull optics and light, I think Safariland would be the best option for a rugged and reliable choice, with retention (level I or II), for my “war belt”.

I have looked at purchasing direct from Safariland, but I have seen better pricing on some of their holsters at other retailers and authorized distributors.

Is there a reputable vendor, besides Safariland, where I can pick up one of their holsters? Even if it is 10% less, I would be interested (the holster I am interested in is $250+).

Also, besides Safariland, is there a good resource or write-up (with pictures if possible) of all of the Safariland accessories and their purpose?

Thanks for your time…

The "Boz"

Posts: 1531 | Location: Central Ohio, USA | Registered: May 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post

Posts: 32503 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Villebilly Deluxe
posted Hide Post
Buying direct from safariland has always been the most expensive route in my experience. I usually get mine from eBay.

Posts: 393 | Location: Bluegrass State | Registered: February 09, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Plus Safariland has one of the worst website interfaces I’ve ever encountered. Especially their “find a holster” matrix. It’s more like, find a migraine.

Posts: 7469 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When I still lived and drilled in Columbus I used to shop at Vances and also Central Ohio Police Supply.

(That has been a couple of years now)

I love Safariland holsters and have used them for LE and the military since 2002. The only downside is that they are pricey.

I am glad someone else thinks their website sucks.

Are you able to use Govx?

I used to buy my holsters through Copquest.
They always seem to have the largest variety of styles and colors.

For an example and to check prices- -I selected 23-4504-450

6360RDS-4502-411 / Safariland 6360RDS ALS/SLS Level III Mid-Ride Duty Holster / STX Plain - Right. In the cart it said 173.80

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 3ACR_Scout
posted Hide Post
I always order Safariland products from Copquest. If they’re in stock, I haven’t found a better price anywhere, with the exception of a 40% sale that Safariland was running on their website a couple weeks ago. Copquest is also the easiest place to locate the correct holster model also. I do a Google search for “copquest.com Glock 19 7TS light holster” or something like that, and it always gets me to the options I’m looking for.

There’s also a coupon code for 5% off that you can find with a Google search - it’s something simple like “COP5” that seems to be continuously active. I’ve used it each time I’ve ordered over the past few years. It’s one of the only legitimate codes I’ve found through all those coupon websites that pop up when you search for a discount code.

"We are being slaughtered."

- Unidentified Insurgent, Operation Restoring Rights, Tall Afar, Iraq, September 2005

Posts: 128 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Good information here. I have generally ordered from Safariland directly, and should break myself of that habit.

And, yes, they have one of the worst sites I have ever encountered.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47407 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anybody eligible for an account with Expert Voice can get a 40% off one-time use coupon code. It's mainly for people with retail jobs in the outdoors type industries, but I know cops can sign up, too.

Posts: 5163 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah... I am not a LEO or GOV employee, so I do not see most of the discounts applying to me.

I am hunting around and see that there are several "Cop Shops" online that sell to the public. Many of them have the Safariland offerings less than what Safariland offers the holsters for.

I am open to other options, but very few have level I or II retention, as well as accommodate a light and pistol mounted red dot.

Is there another, more economical brand I should be looking at? I have looked at G-Code, Blackhawk and Alien Gear duty holsters. The Alien Gear would be my second choice over Safariland, but they do not yet have the Rapid Force line available for the 320 yet.

The "Boz"

Posts: 1531 | Location: Central Ohio, USA | Registered: May 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Safariland is "it" for quality active retention.

Cop Quest would be my second pick and I would also look at RDR Gear as they stock some Safariland stuff. Cop Quest will order anything that they don't have in stock, but Safariland is very slow to ship. Safariland is most expensive on their site because they are selling at MSRP.

Posts: 5163 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought my last Safariland rig from Amazon. It was an ALS model and I got it for 30 bucks.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16083 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
I would be careful of who you order from. There are clones made for the air soft market.

Posts: 9961 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
Plus Safariland has one of the worst website interfaces I’ve ever encountered. Especially their “find a holster” matrix. It’s more like, find a migraine.

I’ll second this . Terrible website.

Posts: 705 | Location: S.W.Florida | Registered: August 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
I agree on their website.

Ive emailed to see if they are offering P220-10 holsters.

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6318 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a 50% off code for Safariland, but not all holsters qualify. If you send me the model number of the holster. I can plug it in and see if it will work. If you don't know the code I can try to help as I used to sell Safariland holsters If the holster qualifies I'll send the code to you in an email.

Posts: 1219 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've found that the key to the Safariland website is to know what they make (from the Will Fit charts) and what will work with what they make. For instance, if you have a milled slide and an RMR, you might find no results if you put in "Glock 17", but will find it under "Glock 17 MOS". With some searching, you will often find posts on forums or videos on youtube that address compatibility.

Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
The crappy website and high prices on it are a side effect of Safariland holding the vast majority of military and LE contracts, and being carried in just about every cop shop and major gun store.

Direct civilian commercial sales are a very, very small fraction of their overall income. So they can't be bothered to make a decent website, or web store, just to cater to like 0.1% of their customers.

They're the 1990s HK of the holster world. "Because you suck, and we hate you."

Posts: 32503 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
am94pm...

Thank you for the offer, it is very tempting. However, I have decided to ditch Safariland as the holster I am purchasing and will be going with a Level II Blackhawk T-Series holster.

I have read and watched many reviews and direct comparisons (all positive), and it could be up to $150 less than the same Safariland setup.

I also have a bunch of Blackhawk holster stuff (holsters, drop leg platform, molle attachments, quick disconnects, etc.). I have a Serpa holster for every DA/SA gun I own and have never once had an issue with my finger entering the trigger guard when drawing.

So, I am kinda already invested in the system.

Going to call Blackhawk tomorrow to make sure my gun (P320 XFULL) will fit their full size P320 holster (I do not see why not as they are identical with respect to dimensions).

Anyone have a T-Series and like it?

The "Boz"

Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
^^^If the holster in question uses the Trigger Guard for retention/indexing, as many do, then the std. P320/M17 Holster likely will NOT work with the P320 X-Full. Surprisingly, (or not) the Trigger Guards have different profiles and the X-Series is narrower in width.

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8875 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
nhracecraft...

From what I have been able to learn of the locking mechanism, it locks inside the trigger guard. It is basically a large tab that sits inside the trigger and will not let the trigger guard past for removal from the holster unless the release mechanism is activated. The release mechanism, when activated, pulls that tab back, allowing the trigger guard to move past the tab as it is being withdrawn from the holster.

So, if the x series trigger guard is narrower than the standard, it should work.

I will let you know after I speak with Blackhawk.

The "Boz"