SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Uberti 1847 Colt Walker
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Uberti 1847 Colt Walker Login/Join 
Too old to grow up now
Picture of George85019
posted
Some pictures of my Uberti 1847 Colt Walker reproduction, and the NEW holster & belt rig I just got from
 https://thelastbestwest.com/ 

NO SIGnature

Posts: 2050 | Location: London, OH | Registered: January 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Some nice walnut grips sticking out that holster. Do we get to see the sixgun that’s wearing them? Wink

Posts: 17124 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to grow up now
Picture of George85019
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
Some nice walnut grips sticking out that holster. Do we get to see the sixgun that’s wearing them? Wink

Heck yes!

Why not huh?

NO SIGnature

Posts: 2050 | Location: London, OH | Registered: January 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Sir, that is a fine-looking revolver you got there! Love the whole rig, but the case hardening just sends it home.

I need to get in on this cap and ball club some day. I’ve wanted an 1851 and an 1858 for a long time now.

Posts: 17124 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
By God, girl! That's a Colts Dragoon!
Nice rig.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16088 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bolo4tom
posted Hide Post
classy and classic!!

Posts: 404 | Registered: October 24, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
You’re gonna need suspenders

Wink

Posts: 26904 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Where is your horse? Wink

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of a Series
of Accidents
posted Hide Post
Nice rig! Love some cap and ball myself.

Have you fired it yet? Curious how well the caps stay on the nipples.

"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. Moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue." - Barry Goldwater

Posts: 1971 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: February 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is a gorgeous set up and the knife compliments it perfectly.

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"I've shot many a sassy bandit with just ma pistol."

Posts: 872 | Registered: October 08, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"I've shot many a sassy bandit with just ma pistol."

Posts: 872 | Registered: October 08, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
:^)
Picture of BillyBonesNY
posted Hide Post
I love BP revolvers!!!
That is a fantastic looking piece!!!

Enjoy!

----------------------------------------
http://lonesurvivorfoundation.org

Posts: 7179 | Registered: March 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Beautiful gun and rig.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12776 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to grow up now
Picture of George85019
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TooTech:
Nice rig! Love some cap and ball myself.

Have you fired it yet? Curious how well the caps stay on the nipples.

I have not. I did dry fire with some caps only with the factory nipples. I didn't like the results, so I replaced them with SlixShot nipples, that greatly improved cap retention with Remington #10's as recommended by Badman Bullets the manufacturer of SlixShot stainless steel nipples.
I hope to shoot the Walker off the back deck soon. Wife's been sick with a migraine and I've been to busy with the Golden Retriever and chores to get to it lately. But, I will post some pictures and thoughts when I do shot it.
Thanks!

NO SIGnature

Too old to grow up now
Picture of George85019
posted Hide Post
Thanks to all for looking and the replies. Smile

NO SIGnature

posted Hide Post
Is that a leather strap for the loading lever? I have a 3rd Dragoon (Uberti). The Dragoon has a more positive latch for the loading lever. For those who are unfamiliar, the loading lever on the Walker is retained in the stowed (up) position by way of a leaf spring attached to the barrel. Under the substantial recoil of the Walker, the loading lever tends to drop down, the ram enters the bottom chamber of the cylinder, and gums up the works.

Users of the Walker quickly made a modification by using a leather strap to hold the loading lever in the stowed position as shown in George's pictures. The Dragoon introduced a latch at the front of the loading lever (similar to the 1858 Remington, and 1851 Colt), to hold the lever up.

Posts: 1474 | Location: Washington | Registered: August 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to grow up now
Picture of George85019
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sgt Neutron:
Is that a leather strap for the loading lever? I have a 3rd Dragoon (Uberti). The Dragoon has a more positive latch for the loading lever. For those who are unfamiliar, the loading lever on the Walker is retained in the stowed (up) position by way of a leaf spring attached to the barrel. Under the substantial recoil of the Walker, the loading lever tends to drop down, the ram enters the bottom chamber of the cylinder, and gums up the works.

Users of the Walker quickly made a modification by using a leather strap to hold the loading lever in the stowed position as shown in George's pictures. The Dragoon introduced a latch at the front of the loading lever (similar to the 1858 Remington, and 1851 Colt), to hold the lever up.

It is a RANGER rubber band. They come in small wide sizes and are very heavy duty EPDM rubber, resistant to oils and solvents.

NO SIGnature

Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Just fooling around on the Uberti website. The Dragoon and New Army look to be somewhat smaller than the Walker, but are still .44. Do they take a smaller charge or do they have the same power in a smaller package?

Also, is there a Cowboy Action discipline that uses black powder rather than modern cartridges, or are these simply "fun guns"? I have to admit, I'm really tempted.

I wish they made more cartridge revolvers in .44 Mag, rather than .45 Colt. I'd like that "Doc" model, but don't really want another caliber.

I could spend an awfully lot of money on that site. And on the leather afterwards.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12776 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
A Walker holds a 60 grain charge of black powder, and a Dragoon 50 grains.

Posts: 26904 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post