SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Ruger Mark IV 22/45 Lite in Bronze
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruger Mark IV 22/45 Lite in Bronze Login/Join 
Picture of arflattop
posted Hide Post
I have a bronze lite and my experience mirrors that of ronin101 except for the accuracy issue. My accuracy was on par with other pistols I shoot at 15 yards, but I am not a great shot, so Ronan's standards may be higher than mine!

The trigger was gritty and creepy. Having a volquartsen installed this week, which should take care of it. My experience with a volquartsen in an older mkiii tells me I won't be disappointed.

The front sights aren't visible to these ageing eyes, so the front sight will also be replaced.

The improved takedown method is worth the price of admission in my opinion.

JPFO Life Member

Posts: 1216 | Location: Heartland of KY | Registered: January 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arflattop
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mrtuna:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by SigSentry:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by mrtuna:
I want to get one for my son but the price is a little high for a .22 pistol. I will probably get the MKIII Lite instead.

They're not too bad after you remove the mag safety (makes assembly easier). Should be a little cheaper too. If they had only kept the mkii trigger in the mkiii .

i also recommend you look at replacing the loaded chamber indicator with a "blank" from volquartsen ($14 or so). I have a mkiii lite and was stymied with FTF after FTF. tried different brands and types of ammo to no avail. Changed out the LCI and solved the problem.

JPFO Life Member

Posts: 1216 | Location: Heartland of KY | Registered: January 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jac1304
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Vipers28:
I was just reading about this and the new take down it offers. Might have to get one, got the can already.

quote:
Originally posted by Baron Flynt:
I got an all black one yesterday.

Shot 100 rounds with it this morning. Works perfect and I like the trigger better than my mk3.

I want a suppressor bad now.

Picked up one today.. been eyeing one since this thread started and this thread pushed me over the edge.

Posts: 908 | Location: Snohomish, WA | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a pre-push button version and cannot get consistent feeding with it. I'm sure it's mainly choose of ammo as I've only tried like 10 different types. Sheesh. Seriously though, the feed ramp on mine is horrible. Not only is it very narrow it is not as smooth as it needs to be and that annoying notch to the left of the ramp is, well, annoying. Forget hollow point ammo in mine. I'm looking for the lightest bullet and shortest AOL in a LR configuration.

"If you meet an asshole early in the day, you've just met an asshole. If you keep meeting them all day long, chances are that you're the asshole."

Posts: 15 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: February 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
We recently got a couple more of the MkIVs in: a black 22/45 just like the one in the photos here in the thread, and the stainless long barrel Competition model. All I have to say is, "Gawd, how did Ruger go so WRONG when assembling those triggers!" The blued Target we recently had until it sold had a trigger that was SO much better.

Trigger-wise, the Victory utterly smokes these two recent arrivals.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post