SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Ruger Mark IV 22/45 Lite in Bronze
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruger Mark IV 22/45 Lite in Bronze Login/Join 
posted
I have yet to handle one, but am interested in those that have shot this 22lr. The simple disassembly is a huge plus for me. Thoughts?

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
I have yet to handle one, but am interested in those that have shot this 22lr. The simple disassembly is a huge plus for me. Thoughts?

They handle well. Have not shot one yet I am still waiting for my LGS to get me 1 in black. Have been seeing them at gun shows in VA for around 475 to 500 USD

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Democracy is 2 Wolves & a Lamb debating the lunch menu.

Liberty is a well armed Lamb!

Posts: 883 | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not as lean, not as mean,
Still a Marine
Picture of Gibb
posted Hide Post
I've shot a mag through 2 different mk4's at my range, one was a lite, the other standard.

Both were very nice shooting guns. I preferred the standard, but the light was very maneuverable. If you are used to reduced weight .22s, I would go for it.

I shall respect you until you open your mouth, from that point on, you must earn it yourself.

Posts: 3352 | Location: Southern Maine | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They aren't on the MD approved roster yet. lol

WTF. My LGS has a couple but they can't sell them yet. I hate this state.

Posts: 7459 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a black MKIV 22/45 and was at the range this morning. I shot a couple hundred rounds. Shot 7 10 and 12.5 yards. At 7yds I put 9 out of ten in a 3/4" bulls-eye. Needless to say I like it.

Posts: 108 | Registered: January 01, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mrtuna
posted Hide Post
I want to get one for my son but the price is a little high for a .22 pistol. I will probably get the MKIII Lite instead.

Training as often as possible!
NSSF Media Member

Posts: 1577 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: May 31, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
The bronze Mk IV is on my short list.
I only played with a black Lite and a Mk IV Hunter and really like the new takedown method and even more so love the ambi safety.

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
I bought one a couple of weeks ago.

pros--
cool looking
ambi safety rocks
magazines completely drop free like a defensive pistol.
the takedown button is exquisite.

Cons--
the trigger. a lot of creep before the 5 1/2 pound trigger pull. I am planning on getting a volquartsen trigger kit for it but I shouldn't have to drop a hundred bucks on a 450 pistol.

Accuracy--first time shooting mine at 7 yards was 3-5 inch groups. Not sure if it is a issue with the super thin barrel that is "tensioned" inside the aluminum, outer barrel, the trigger or just my inexperience with the pistol. I was not impressed. my friend has a 22/45 mk3 lite that he reports has poor accuracy as well.

he has a old buckmark and I have a old mk2 10" bull barrel that we can both shoot super tight groups with. (ie shooting shotgun husks off of a fencepost at 25 yards with a red dot.

I also want to get a fiber optic front sight as my old eyes could use a better sight.

I shot 300 rounds 100 minmags 100 cci standard, 50 thunderbolts and 50 federal. had a few hiccups with the Remington and federal.

I will have to shoot off a rest and see if I can improve my groups.

Would love to hear what others are experiencing.

gieger..I wish I had a one inch group. I would have been happy with that!!

Posts: 7795 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mrtuna:
I want to get one for my son but the price is a little high for a .22 pistol. I will probably get the MKIII Lite instead.

They're not too bad after you remove the mag safety (makes assembly easier). Should be a little cheaper too. If they had only kept the mkii trigger in the mkiii .

Posts: 3507 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mrtuna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigSentry:
quote:
Originally posted by mrtuna:

They're not too bad after you remove the mag safety (makes assembly easier). Should be a little cheaper too. If they had only kept the mkii trigger in the mkiii .

Very nice thanks! I'm going for a red dot too. Might as well be trying the next Max Michel Smile

Training as often as possible!
NSSF Media Member

Posts: 1577 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: May 31, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mr. Tuna,

unless you got the mk3 for a steal. I would still pay the extra for all the upgrades on the 4. the ease of takedown along is worth the extra money!!

Posts: 7795 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got an all black one yesterday.

Shot 100 rounds with it this morning. Works perfect and I like the trigger better than my mk3.

I want a suppressor bad now.

Posts: 506 | Location: Salt Flats | Registered: April 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I got an all black one yesterday

Looks nice. Definitely gonna buy one. Can't have too many guns. Thanks for posting that pic. Glad to hear you liked the trigger.

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I took mine and shot a few hundred rounds through it. the groups tighted up significantly. closer to 1-2 inch groups now. Still planning on getting the volqasurtezen trigger

Picture of }BuLL
posted Hide Post
Nice, I like the all black. That wasn't an option yet when I purchased.

Really enjoying mine so far, shooting tight groups. A Burris FF III is on the way, and possibly a trigger as well.

Posts: 131 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: December 11, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the pics.

Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
I'm thinking of selling my Mark IIIs (22/45 Target, black Target,and Competition) in CA, which are in demand since Mark IVs (and Mark IIIs) are not on the roster, and getting the Mark IVs when I move out of state. The Lite looks awesome.

Just wondering if removing the mag disconnect is a simple process, will have to check out rimfirecentral.com.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16676 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the Bronze MKIV. First time out was a disaster. I tried 8 different brands of .22 ammo and had 30-40 FTF & FTE out of 450 rds. Accuracy was 2-3" at 10yds open sights and under an inch rested at 15yds with a Burris FF3.

The worst issue is with my AAC suppressor . When I attached it, my groups opened up to over 18". Second time out was much better. I only had about 10 issues out of several hundred more rounds. 3rd time out and it is running like a champ, but still 18" groups with a suppressor. It is not the can as it functions great on all my other hosts. I think the threads are not cut concentric. I had the exact same issue when I purchased one of the 22/45 threaded barrel models years ago. It will be headed back to Ruger.

Posts: 1099 | Location: Orange Park, FL. | Registered: November 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have worked with two of the "Bronze" Mark IV 22/45 Lite pistols. Ideal weight for those who are strength-limited. Both received the V kit that resulted in a trigger with much less take-up, lighter required trigger force, and shorter over-travel. . . . and purged the complex so-called magazine-safety.

To test, shot 150 CCI SV yesterday. Good one-hand group at 25 yards using a Millett ... 06 red-dot sight having 3, 5, 8, and 10 MOA dots. Not the best sight for this pistol, but intended to make it easy for others to find that they can benefit from a larger dot in Bullseye shooting. Found that with some red-dot sights, a MantisX can be mounted to rail after removing the front sight. Then one has a great training tool for a 1911-anything.

So: For those needing lighter weight, wishing for lower cost 1911 type practice probably using MantisX, and not yet at the point of hitting X ring every time - this is an excellent choice (with V. kit!). The Victory might also be evaluated at a lower price, but with more mass.

Mac in Michigan

Posts: 504 | Location: Below the Bridge in Michigan | Registered: July 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Vipers28
posted Hide Post
I was just reading about this and the new take down it offers. Might have to get one, got the can already.

quote:
Originally posted by Baron Flynt:
I got an all black one yesterday.

Shot 100 rounds with it this morning. Works perfect and I like the trigger better than my mk3.

I want a suppressor bad now.

Posts: 769 | Location: H6 | Registered: December 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post