SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New Sig p220 Legion carry
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Sig p220 Legion carry Login/Join 
posted
I don’t see anyone on the forum mentioning the announcement of the New Sig p220 sao legion...

https://youtu.be/DeM4ewAZrR8

Posts: 3483 | Location: Illinois | Registered: September 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Says limited edition of 500.... vaporware

But it looks awesome

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Lord Vaalic,

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh...Phil Strader...yeah, that guy who danced around the gun forums saying that there was no firing pin problem with P365...yet lo and behold SIG redesigned it anyways. A Legion member, is he? Well, that's certainly reason enough for me. Roll Eyes

As for the Carry version of the P220; they've always been kind of niche. My experience with one is slightly different: I have both the full and Carry SSE and to this day I still don't know what drove me to buy the Carry other than it was different. Despite being a 1/2" shorter in length it saves relatively little weight over the full-size--at least not enough that I'd choose to carry a full steel P220 in any size. So for me it's limited to being a range toy...except the Carry lost sight radius over the full-size; not exactly what anyone should want out of a range gun, I'd think.

So maybe an alloy variant will make a difference. Kind of like a 10mm version of the P229 except not really. Still has the tall grip like the full-size. Still loses sight radius length. Maybe easier to cram down one's pants? Draw out of a chest rig?

Yeah...obviously I still don't get it. :bigshrug:

-MG

Posts: 1931 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have much love for the p220-45acp. Just glad they are still making them

Posts: 3483 | Location: Illinois | Registered: September 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
I got the announcement from Sig, tried to order one, the are apparently not in the pipeline yet.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Already have a Legion P220 SAO .45 full size. A carry version would be for collector value or novelty only. If it had a shorter grip with one less round it might be compelling in the way that a P229 is compared to a P226, but not just with .5" less slide.

I'm more interested in the SAO 10mm they announced at the beginning of they year that I have never seen an example of. Don't have a 10mm yet...

Posts: 4690 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
I've got a P220SAO Carry, but don't really use if for EDC. If I want to go covert, with a Sig, I'd rather just use the P938 Legion or my P220SAO Compact. Now that (P220SAO Compact Legion version), might interest me in a Legion version.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10187 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cut and plug
posted Hide Post
Pullicords, I agree with you. If they made a SAO compact legion I would be all over it. In fact when the email came out I read it wrong and thought that it was the compact.

Posts: 1145 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
Years ago I bought a SAO Carry when they first came out. Loved the way the gun shot and felt. But even after 3 trips back to Sig, it still wasn't reliable, the notorious carry with internal extractor issues. I wanted to love it, but...

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11749 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have had two 220 Carry SAOs. First was bought in 2008/9 with the internal extractor. Had feeding issues. Ended up selling it. Jump to 2013 I got a new one with the external extractor and the SAS melt job from Bud's. Been a great gun. This one looks sweet but not in the market and I'll probably never see one.

Posts: 2188 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post