SIGforum
New Sig p220 Legion carry

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/4210073474

September 09, 2020, 09:24 AM
10x Sniper
New Sig p220 Legion carry
I don’t see anyone on the forum mentioning the announcement of the New Sig p220 sao legion...

https://youtu.be/DeM4ewAZrR8

September 09, 2020, 09:29 AM
Lord Vaalic
Says limited edition of 500.... vaporware

But it looks awesome

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Lord Vaalic,

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day
September 09, 2020, 09:54 AM
monoblok
Oh...Phil Strader...yeah, that guy who danced around the gun forums saying that there was no firing pin problem with P365...yet lo and behold SIG redesigned it anyways. A Legion member, is he? Well, that's certainly reason enough for me. Roll Eyes

As for the Carry version of the P220; they've always been kind of niche. My experience with one is slightly different: I have both the full and Carry SSE and to this day I still don't know what drove me to buy the Carry other than it was different. Despite being a 1/2" shorter in length it saves relatively little weight over the full-size--at least not enough that I'd choose to carry a full steel P220 in any size. So for me it's limited to being a range toy...except the Carry lost sight radius over the full-size; not exactly what anyone should want out of a range gun, I'd think.

So maybe an alloy variant will make a difference. Kind of like a 10mm version of the P229 except not really. Still has the tall grip like the full-size. Still loses sight radius length. Maybe easier to cram down one's pants? Draw out of a chest rig?

Yeah...obviously I still don't get it. :bigshrug:

-MG
September 09, 2020, 12:45 PM
10x Sniper
I have much love for the p220-45acp. Just glad they are still making them

September 09, 2020, 12:48 PM
HayesGreener
I got the announcement from Sig, tried to order one, the are apparently not in the pipeline yet.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)
September 09, 2020, 01:17 PM
Lefty Sig
Already have a Legion P220 SAO .45 full size. A carry version would be for collector value or novelty only. If it had a shorter grip with one less round it might be compelling in the way that a P229 is compared to a P226, but not just with .5" less slide.

I'm more interested in the SAO 10mm they announced at the beginning of they year that I have never seen an example of. Don't have a 10mm yet...
September 10, 2020, 01:48 PM
pulicords
I've got a P220SAO Carry, but don't really use if for EDC. If I want to go covert, with a Sig, I'd rather just use the P938 Legion or my P220SAO Compact. Now that (P220SAO Compact Legion version), might interest me in a Legion version.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."
September 10, 2020, 10:58 PM
hbabler
Pullicords, I agree with you. If they made a SAO compact legion I would be all over it. In fact when the email came out I read it wrong and thought that it was the compact.
September 11, 2020, 05:31 AM
2000Z-71
Years ago I bought a SAO Carry when they first came out. Loved the way the gun shot and felt. But even after 3 trips back to Sig, it still wasn't reliable, the notorious carry with internal extractor issues. I wanted to love it, but...

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.
September 13, 2020, 06:54 PM
MikeNH
I have had two 220 Carry SAOs. First was bought in 2008/9 with the internal extractor. Had feeding issues. Ended up selling it. Jump to 2013 I got a new one with the external extractor and the SAS melt job from Bud's. Been a great gun. This one looks sweet but not in the market and I'll probably never see one.