SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Shot a 226 Legion
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shot a 226 Legion Login/Join 
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted
oooohhhhhhh myyyyyy.....

Soooo very nice. Excellent DA and SA trigger, fantastic reset, perfect ergos. I like the more-undercut trigger guard and actually like the texture under the trigger guard, which I didn't think I would. 18 shots, 18 hits. the 3 dot sights aren't my cuppa but I can see their utility for actual night use. Recoil was negligible.

I'm going to have to try to make this happen.

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3202 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great gun! Whatever you do, don't try the SAO Wink

Cathy

Posts: 302 | Registered: August 10, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's my way or the Highway
Picture of piedrarc
posted Hide Post
Strange how it tugs on the heart strings huh?

I don't buy into all the legion branded exclusives, but the gun is just sooooo sexy.

Semper Fidelis

RIP 17843

Operation Specific Training

Bang, bang, Click

Posts: 4911 | Location: surrounded by liberals. | Registered: September 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by piedrarc:

I don't buy into all the legion branded exclusives, but the gun is just sooooo sexy.

Forget the marking, it's a damn good pistol, period. The UID sticker on a M11-A1 doesn't make it a good pistol, the pistol makes it a good pistol, no different.

I love both.

I want to see your next USPSA vid rocking a 226 Legion.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20803 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yea, the marketing makes it easy to slam on the pistol and forget the actual changes Sig made to a 226 that actually work very well. The trigger and the undercuts alone make it significantly nicer to shoot than my MK25. I like the Xrays as well. The checkering is a nice feature that I have paid for in the past also.

The Legion is for real. Pretend that there isn't a challenge coin and you'll be fine.

Posts: 7436 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
Yea, the marketing makes it easy to slam on the pistol and forget the actual changes Sig made to a 226 that actually work very well. The trigger and the undercuts alone make it significantly nicer to shoot than my MK25. I like the Xrays as well. The checkering is a nice feature that I have paid for in the past also.

The Legion is for real. Pretend that there isn't a challenge coin and you'll be fine.

Fully agreed!

To the OP: The SAO is even better!!

Posts: 2550 | Location: Troy, MI | Registered: October 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
Yep, handled and dry fired the SAO, and the trigger is phenomenal. Haven't found one to shoot yet. If I had to buy one right now I'd get the SAO. If I had to pick one to carry I'd get the DA/SA.

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3202 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The 226 Legion SAO is favorite combat handgun.

Posts: 931 | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RC Fan:
Great gun! Whatever you do, don't try the SAO Wink

The Legion SAO is terrific, the trigger is the best non-1911 I've ever shot. I hope the straight trigger becomes at least an available option on all Sig pistols.

Posts: 39 | Location: Colorado | Registered: December 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:
Originally posted by piedrarc:

Forget the marking, it's a damn good pistol, period. The UID sticker on a M11-A1 doesn't make it a good pistol, the pistol makes it a good pistol, no different.

I love both.

I want to see your next USPSA vid rocking a 226 Legion.
I'll be watching too. A nice change from his Beretta vids. How many mags you got on order Ray? Cool

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post