Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SR1911 Login/Join 
Picture of SigSentry
posted
6 years ago I purchased my first pistol (SP2022). I recall walking into the store and asked if they had any 1911s . My attention was directed to the shelf directly under my nose full of Springfields, Colts and Kimbers. What a noob. They were very nice but couldn't sell my on the Kimbers. Forward to this week when I saw a deal i couldn't refuse. It was finally time to add the classic single stack to my collection. I can't wait to feed it this Memorial Day weekend.

Please post your 1911s and convince me one is never enough.

Posts: 3508 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
I have had a similar Ruger for several years and have been very pleased with it.

Posts: 5616 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Its a great value from the price point. I have a LW SR1911 Commander which has the appetite of a teenager and darn good accuracy Wink

Posts: 13806 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
I also have the Commander version - a very nice pistol.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16509 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
One is not enough. I have nine, eight are shooters, one is for looking at.

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post

Ruger LW Commander with Stoner CNC grips. And I too am wanting another one, either all black, or all stainless. "Grips" is synonymous with "crack."

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16188 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Congrats. The SR is a solid pistol and well worth it at its price point. I like mine a lot; just wish I had more time to shoot it more often.

These are my current ones. I probably have a couple more I need to get...probably just a couple...well, maybe there's room for even more. Wink

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
This is my Ruger SR1911 LW Commander in 9mm. Modified a little.

and my first 1911, a SIG Ultra TT in .45, birthday present from my exgf and kids.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8013 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yup I have 2 and they are good for the price.

For ME:
DA/SA= Sig 9mm
Striker fired= Glock 9mm
If it's a .45= 1911
Suppressed= HK in .45
I like anything in 10mm

Posts: 1442 | Location: VA | Registered: July 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
Those examples are nice. I looked hard at some new and used RUGER 1911s recently, but decided on a used DW Classic 45. The RUGER plant is about 45 minutes away in northern AZ so the dealers stock a lot of them.

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
Nice Ruger you have there. I have a high opinion of the SR1911 and am a fan of Ruger's Lightweight CMD (Commander), in particular.

You're right - one 1911 probably isn't enough. Smile

I've had a few over the years and now have three...the Colt XSE Government Model and Dan Wesson CCO shown here, and a wonderful Springfield Armory Mil-Spec that I'll have new pics of soon - it's about to receive a new trigger and grips.

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6693 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
I love mine! I use it for SASS Wild Bunch matches.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
^^ nice pistols all. The SR seems to function fine

https://youtu.be/FaZyLKP9Q-Y

Posts: 3508 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WARPIG602:

Looks like a Talo Night Watchman.

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
While I own and range shoot two Ruger SR1911's, this is the one I carry...a Sig 1911 RCS. Rod

5th Spl Forces, Air Force Bird Dog FAC, lll Corps RVN 69-70.... We enjoy the Bill of Rights by the sacrifices of our veterans;
Politicians, Preachers, Educators, Journalists and Community Organizers are beneficiaries, not defenders of our freedoms.

Posts: 726 | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Billy346
posted Hide Post
Very nice. I've had a long time flirtation with the SR1911. It's an excellent gun at a very attractive price.

I think if I ever do buy one, I'll buy a pair and have them polished to a mirror finish and carry them in a dual shoulder holster.

"Like a horse has its rider, and the sky has its moon, a man has his loneliness, mistaken as pride." -Longmire

Posts: 539 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: January 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bcjwriter
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1963 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gary1911A1
posted Hide Post
I consider the Rugers in 1911 to be a best buy in their price range. Have a full size and a Commander 9MM that are very nice and considering a Ruger Lightweight Commander in .45 to go along with it's 9MM cousin.

Posts: 527 | Location: Southern Ohio for now. | Registered: December 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Retired, laying back
and enjoying life
Picture of low8option
posted Hide Post
Wrong person to try and talk you out of getting another 1911. At last count I had 27 of them and I might have slipped one or two more in while SWMBO was looking the other direction. Don't own a Ruger but a couple of my shooting buddies do so have shot them some. From my experience with them they are a good value for the buck.

Freedom comes from the will of man. In America it is guaranteed by the 2nd Amendment

Posts: 878 | Location: Northern Alabama | Registered: June 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post