SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig 320 Compact RXP or Equivalent
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig 320 Compact RXP or Equivalent Login/Join 
posted
I don't live in a free state so the 320 Compact RXP is not available to me. What I want is a 320 with an optic ready slide. I don't want to use an adapter plate.

So, thinking about I achieve this and looking for advice:
1. Wait for a used RXP to show up in state.
2. Buy a P320-M18 (available in state) and then buy the DPP or Romeo separately.
3. Buy any 320 I can and then buy all the other parts separately to make it an RXP.

??

Posts: 66 | Registered: August 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sleepla8er
posted Hide Post

Flying Saucer ~ I don't understand what the "P" represents in your 320 Compact "RXP"

I was able to legally purchase a P320 Compact in CA. I recently purchased from Sig's Pro-Shop a P320 9mm "Full Size" RX Caliber X-Change Kit. This package included a Romeo1, complete P320 Full Size RX Slide, Barrel, and Recoil Spring Assembly.

I bought my P320 RX X-Change kits when Sig put them on sale for $350. According to the Sig Pro-Shop Clerk, Sig is retooling their slides from the Romeo1 to the Romeo0 mounting footprint.

I believe the Romeo Zero has the same mounting footprint as the Shield Reflex Mini Sight Compact (RMSc) but I'm not sure??? If this is the case, then you will be able to mount Trijicon's RMR and I think HaloSun's red-dot sights. Again, not sure please verify before you buy!!!

My reason for telling you all this about the change in tooling, is so you know that in the next year, you will have more options for optic ready slides from Sig. For me, I'm not in an occupation that puts my firearms at risk for damage. I am perfectly fine with Romeo1, it has been a great RDS for me.

You can either wait for the next generation of slides from Sig or if you are okay with staying with the Romeo1, you can call the Sig Pro-Shop (603-610-3456) and ask if they have any Romeo1 RX X-Change Kits and for what price.

Compare what the Pro-Shop has vs. the package Osage County Guns offers for $350.

Osage County Guns offers the P320 Compact RX Slide with Romeo1 mounted for $350. I had purchased from Osage County Guns the P320 Compact RX Slide before I bought the "Full Size" Kit from Sig becasue (like you) I already owned a P320 Compact and didn't need the Barrel or Recoil Spring Assembly:
www.OsageCountyGuns.com/sig-sauer-slide-320c-9-b-rx.html

In addition to buying the P320 Compoact RX Slide from Osage County Guns, I also bought a P226 RX slide. Osage also has RX Slides for P320 Full Size and P229.

Posts: 2852 | Location: San Diego, CA  | Registered: July 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Osage County Guns offers the P320 Compact RX Slide with Romeo1 mounted for $350. I had purchased from Osage County Guns the P320 Compact RX Slide before I bought the "Full Size" Kit from Sig becasue (like you) I already owned a P320 Compact and didn't need the Barrel or Recoil Spring Assembly:

Except that Osage (and everyone else) is out of stock on these, and have been for a long time. I want one, but can't find one anywhere. I've seen them on Ebay for about the price of a new gun...or you could just buy a new P320 RXP...pretty much the options these days. And that was before everybody lost their everloving minds, so...

quote:
Flying Saucer ~ I don't understand what the "P" represents in your 320 Compact "RXP"
I believe it is a reference to the new Romeo Pro optics. It looks like Sig has discontinued the "RX" models in favor of the new "RXP" model, that wears the "Pro" version of their optic. https://www.sigsauer.com/store...0-rxp-full-size.html Which probably explains the previous good deals on "RX" slides...which are now all gone. I missed the boat on that one.

Posts: 8415 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sleepla8er
posted Hide Post

Good catch 92f, when I went to grab the link I completely missed that Osage was out of stock on these.

Sorry guys!!!

P for RXPro, that makes sense ~ Thanks!!!

I wonder what footprint these have and if they match any other RDS footprints?

Posts: 2852 | Location: San Diego, CA  | Registered: July 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
RXP does indeed indicate a Romeo 1 Pro.

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sleepla8er:

Good catch 92f, when I went to grab the link I completely missed that Osage was out of stock on these.

Sorry guys!!!

P for RXPro, that makes sense ~ Thanks!!!

I wonder what footprint these have and if they match any other RDS footprints?

That I'm not sure about. I've really been wanting to get into an optics gun, just to see what it's is all about. I'm the firearms instructor for my dept, and I've seen some agencies start looking at these for duty guns. I can foresee some issues with that (dead batteries, soot, dirt, lint, fog, rain, etc)...but I want to try one out for myself and see what I think. I've gotten to shoot a couple that belong to folks I know, but there's no substitute for having one of your own and putting it through the paces.

The department isn't going to pay for it, and I just can't afford to drop $800+ on one just to play, so when I saw the Osage slides for $350 (and the LE pricing was even better) I thought that would be an awesome way to get into one without breaking the bank, and it would drop right onto my P320 Carry duty gun. Then I saw they were out of stock. I signed up to be notified if they get more in, but I'm not holding my breath that it happens.

Posts: 8415 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sleepla8er
posted Hide Post

91F ~ I was able to take a RDS Class by Steve “Yeti” Fisher, owner of Sentinel Concepts:
www.SentinelConcepts.com

The class was fantastic!!! However, most of the classroom time was about selection requirements for choosing a RDS. Most of this discussion was for Agency wide deployment. We had Firearm Trainers and officers from several SoCal area departments.

This class is right up your alley, and attending before your department jumps into RDS is perfect timing. Steve has RDS pistols available if you don't have one. I went into the class with my P226 Romeo1. Most everyone else had Glocks and some other RDS. Two of Glocks had failures and the shooters ended up using one of Steve's pistols to complete the day.

Steve talked about different mounting options, and which companies are available to drill slides or make mounts that work very well.

Steve covered Pros and Cons of various RDS, what projects are in the works and expected to be released in the next year. I think Steve works as a consultant for several manufactures and he is involved in their R&D and product testing as well.

The discussion got into the small details that really matters but you never consider, for example. Change batteries in the RDS just before Pistol Qualifications. Why??? Because the Pistol Qual confirms the pistol who's RDS may require removal to change the batteries was remounted and properly zeroed at the same time the officer is qualified as competent.

Steve talked about some of the products in the works including those where the laser's eliminator is sealed vs. most of the current RDS where they are not. The advantage is bad weather or mud/dirt covering the eliminator making it inoperable.

Cost for the one day class was $200 plus about 500 rounds of 9mm.

What I appreciated most, Steve did not only cover RDS he also helped me get back to the fundamentals of shooting. It's been 10 years since my last formal firearms class, I was sloppy compared to everyone else.

At the start of class, I scored 80 points firing 10 rounds at 25 yards. By the end of the day that same drill, my score was 98 points.

Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
sleepl8er, it sounds like a great class, and it looks like he even has some in Ohio, which isn't all that far away. Maybe once this craziness settles down I could fit one of those in.

To clarify, my dept. isn't currently looking to move to RDS...and I doubt we will any time soon. I've just started to notice the trend, and have heard interesting things about them from others, included some respected instructors who post here, so I'm wanting to see for myself what it's all about. Kind of a "personal/professional development" sort of thing....but it's self-initiated, so any expenses will be coming out of my pocket. Good news is I'm under no time pressure, so I can take it slow and shop for deals!

posted Hide Post
Thank you all. So looks like I'll end up paying a premium and up with extra parts. Not sure if there is a market for them.

I think it would be cheaper to get the M18 and just add the Romeo or DPP. Anyone shooting the M18?

Posts: 66 | Registered: August 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
What has had me interested in this:

https://greyghostprecision.com/ggp320-slides/

Being pre-drilled for 3 optic patterns has me quite interested.

If you check SIG’s we store, they do have bare slides with the DPP cut and standard height night sights.

Posts: 4129 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post