SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    NICKEL 228
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NICKEL 228 Login/Join 
Bought a 239 magazine for $10, got banned for free.
posted
I have a like new in the box with test target and book West German 228. Looks like a Klein plating job. Gray cardboard box. 2 10 Rd. mags as this 228 was made during the ban era. Wondering what the gun is worth? I know someone will chime in. Pictures will not work for me. If you have ever seen a new nickel 228 then you have seen this one. Thanks.

Posts: 279 | Location: West TN | Registered: February 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Probably worth quite a bit. I know that's vague and not too helpful so, just let me ask this. What are you going to do with that old thing ? Big Grin

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
My guess is that it would be lower than an X-Six and higher than a preowned P320 conversion kit.

You should be able to get a better estimate from recent sales on some of the popular gun auction websites for a more up to date estimate.

Posts: 9142 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
If it's a original Klein plating job, it must be pretty old. Even its box has turned gray.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by black1970:
I have a like new in the box with test target and book West German 228. Looks like a Klein plating job. Gray cardboard box. 2 10 Rd. mags as this 228 was made during the ban era. Wondering what the gun is worth? I know someone will chime in. Pictures will not work for me. If you have ever seen a new nickel 228 then you have seen this one. Thanks.

It all depends on whether the Ni gun is verified/confirmed factory original. If verified, it could be worth a lot. If not, then it will be worth a lot less. JMHO.

Q

Posts: 26352 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post