SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    TruGlo's TFO sights for SIG 220
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

TruGlo's TFO sights for SIG 220 Login/Join 
Picture of cyberphobia
posted
Any member bought a set of TruGlo's TFO sights and found the sight picture or the bullet impact has changed even though they bought the right height for the gun?
I have been informed the TruGlo's TFO front sight height say for a #6 is higher.
Does the rear TruGlo's TFO make up for the difference in the front sight height?

"Advertising is the art of convincing people to spend money they don't have for something they don't need"

Will Rogers

SIG 229R LEGION SAO
SIG 226R Elite SAO
COONAN COMPACT .357 MAG

Posts: 2255 | Location: Ft Myers Florida | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cyberphobia
posted Hide Post
No one ?

"Advertising is the art of convincing people to spend money they don't have for something they don't need"

Will Rogers

SIG 229R LEGION SAO
SIG 226R Elite SAO
COONAN COMPACT .357 MAG

Posts: 2255 | Location: Ft Myers Florida | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For whats its worth, when i bought my p220 equinox, it was shooting low. I swapped out the tfo sight for a regular nightsight and problem solved. So yes, my particular sight did not seem to be the correct height.

"No more 'I have to go to the bathroom'. There is no bathroom!!"

Posts: 216 | Location: SC | Registered: November 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of powermad
posted Hide Post
I just tried a TFO #8 on my 229 in .357
It's way off. Tried it with a .40 barrel and it was still to low.

Probably should have ordered a full set instead of wasting $50

Posts: 1470 | Location: Portland Oregon | Registered: October 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cyberphobia
posted Hide Post
Thanks I noticed TFO do an adjustable set BUT only for Glocks I only shoot in daylight Im tempted to buy some Xrays but....

Will Rogers

SIG 229R LEGION SAO
SIG 226R Elite SAO
COONAN COMPACT .357 MAG

Picture of powermad
posted Hide Post
The TFO #8 measures .210" or a #10 regular sight.
Thought it was low but apparently I should have been looking at the tree tops for the strikes.

I had just swapped out the 229 Select sights for some Speed Sights. I went with day sights, green front and white rear.
I'll be getting some for the .357 slide as well. I like them better than X-ray3's.
Point of aim is the tip of the front sight, just like a chevron. https://speedsights.com/

Posts: 1470 | Location: Portland Oregon | Registered: October 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
I put the Truglows on one of my P220s several years ago and had no trouble

Though I thought the model was TFX not TFO.

Too long ago to remember for sure

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5176 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post