Tools

Null Login/Join 
Picture of dwd1985
posted
Null

This message has been edited. Last edited by: dwd1985,

Posts: 4448 | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great gun, plenty accurate. And at a great price point. I’d be tempted myself.

No real issues, point, aim and shoot. Put your favorite night sites on it and rock and roll.

Posts: 486 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: September 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think $850 is a steal. The CCU is basically a black IonBond version of the M45A1 with three other differences aside from the color. It has a front night sight only, it has a non lanyard loop mainspring housing, and it has factory checkering on the front of the grip. I bought a used one and I have been pretty happy with it. The only semi-negative to mine is that the trigger has a bit of shake, that doesn't bother me but that is the reason one of the local guys at the range sold it. I think you would be hard pressed to fine a better deal than that. I am a Baer fan, that is my 1911 of choice but everyone needs to own at least 1 Colt 1911, so I would go for it.

Posts: 246 | Location: Chicago Area | Registered: November 16, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives
posted Hide Post
I have one. Been one of my secondary duty guns for about 5 years. Several thousand round, no malfunctions, good accuracy, what’s not to like.

"I don't own the night, I only operate a small franchise" - Author unknown

Posts: 2446 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have one of the original rail guns it has been great, reliable and accurate I would not hesitate to buy one

Posts: 440 | Location: people republic of Crapachusettes | Registered: September 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dwd1985:
Thanks for the replies, all. I am picking it up tomorrow, for $800. Including some extra mags (6 total) and 90 rounds of defensive ammo.

I think you'll be pleased. I don't have a rail gun, but bought a Competition 9mm s/s government a year or two ago. The slide to frame fit is very tight, barrel to bushing fit is very tight (both very impressive they're that tight). I own/owned a dozen Colt 1911's over the years and this one is by far the best fitted in those two departments. The grip safety does have a little side to side play and so does the trigger, but the trigger has a very good break/feel to it although a touch on the heavy side for a 1911 5-6lbs guessing.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
That’s an amazing price

0:01

Posts: 4200 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Imagination and focus
become reality
posted Hide Post
Good price! I paid a little over $1000.00 several years ago.

Posts: 6606 | Location: Northwest Indiana | Registered: August 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Imagination and focus
become reality
posted Hide Post
I just checked your link, and I don't have that one. Mine is the older model.

Posts: 6606 | Location: Northwest Indiana | Registered: August 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hope you ran with cash in your hand. What a price!!

P220 Legion
P227 SAS
M11-A1
P229 legion (357 and 40)
CZ 75 tactical
CZ PCR

Posts: 10 | Registered: August 03, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post