SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P.320 Carry convertible to Compact.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P.320 Carry convertible to Compact. Login/Join 
posted
Can someone please tell me if a p320 Carry .357 Sig can be converted to a P320 Compact .357 Sig by changing the grip module and using Compact magazines. The Sig site shows the Compact as being available in 9mm, .357, .40, and .45 in the product description, but shows only 9mm and .40 in the models table. Could .357 and .45 be coming down the road?

Posts: 21 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: October 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Carry and the Compact use the same slide. The grip on the Compact is shorter, so you'll either need to use compact magazines or an X-Grip adapter with the Carry magazines.

Posts: 2771 | Location: Northern California | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Carry model uses a Compact-length slide and barrel. A Compact grip module and magazines can be substituted with no problems. And a 9/357/40 FCU can handle any of those calibers; the 45 FCU is limited to that specific caliber.

Posts: 625 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: March 25, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you gentlemen.

Posts: 21 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: October 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Talked to SIG cs today. Since the p320 compact in .357 Sig was not showing up as a viable SKU number on the website, I asked if they were actually going to made available in the caliber, and was told that they had already shipped some in .357. Off to see my dealer tomorrow to see if she can find me one.
AKA "One Eye". Tried to get one user name deleated, but it's still two, depending on which computer I use.

Posts: 10 | Location: Illinois | Registered: February 18, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MFW:
Talked to SIG cs today. Since the p320 compact in .357 Sig was not showing up as a viable SKU number on the website, I asked if they were actually going to made available in the caliber, and was told that they had already shipped some in .357. Off to see my dealer tomorrow to see if she can find me one.
AKA "One Eye". Tried to get one user name deleated, but it's still two, depending on which computer I use.

Click on the yellow triangle in the lower right corner and ask a moderator to delete one of your user names. It is generally frowned upon to have two identities.

As to the grip module, follow advice above. The grip modules are generally interchangeable with all 9mm, .40s&w and .357sig pistols as are the FCUs. You just need to find a compact grip module, then use your slide and FCU. Finding a grip module isn't as easy as it used to be, probably easier to try the forum classifieds as there are usually several there. Specify Gen 1 or Gen 2 depending on your slide release style. Magazines can be found through these well established sellers...

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/7980085134

http://gregcotellc.com/cart/index.php

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you. I made another request to delete one account. My objective is to get a P320 Compact, in .357 Sig, and I'll be going to my local shop today to see if they can get me one. As the Sig site does not show the Compact with a .357 SKU or model number, I was prepared to get a Carry model in .357 and convert it to a Compact, but according to customer service, they have shipped Compacts in .357. The website apparently has not been updated. If I can get a Compact .357 then, I will not have to change anything.