SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    M17/18 compatible Holosun optic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

M17/18 compatible Holosun optic Login/Join 
posted
Are any Holosun optics natively compatible with M17/18? Otherwise, its only Deltapoint Pro / Romeo 1 Pro that I know of.

Thanks

P320-M18

Posts: 3 | Registered: June 29, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not yet, but I believe one is to be released "soon."

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nope.

Everything uses the RMR pattern.

The upcoming 507K uses the Shield RMSc/Romeo Zero pattern.

The upcoming 509T uses a proprietary pattern and comes with an RMR adapter.

There are good adapter plates out there.

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Welcome. First nobody should buy a holosun on principle. There are numerous and good options to mount things besides the DPP primarily because its not the best choice and an RMR is better.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10966 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
What's wrong with Holosun?

AFAIK Trijicon is not making a sealed emitter red dot, and Aimpoint Acro is Uuuuuggggeeeee. That leaves the Holosun 509T, when it comes out and proves reliable.

quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
Welcome. First nobody should buy a holosun on principle. There are numerous and good options to mount things besides the DPP primarily because its not the best choice and an RMR is better.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you for input.

P320-M18

Posts: 3 | Registered: June 29, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
I mean if you like Chinesium optics, they are great.

I know everyone is into this "sealed emitter" thing, but the RMR has been doing fine for a long time - unless you find yourself in a gunfight in a downpour or something, you should be A-ok.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
Or you find ripping your optic off every year to put a battery in it, mount it back on, and rezero to be absurd.

CH Precision does make adapter plates to run an RMR and give you a Glock rear dovetail, but last I checked they were on backorder. Newer Sig Optic guns have been coming with a "universal" cut where you can bolt an RMR pattern optic to it, but I don't know if Sig was adding it to the M17/M18 guns.

Posts: 4129 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Interesting. Apparently true. I thought for some reason it was a German company.

In following up on this, it seems that SIGs optics are also Chinese, maybe from the same manufacturer.

quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:
I mean if you like Chinesium optics, they are great.

I know everyone is into this "sealed emitter" thing, but the RMR has been doing fine for a long time - unless you find yourself in a gunfight in a downpour or something, you should be A-ok.

I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
I know if rumors that the Romeo 1 was supposedly built by the same vendor, but it could be a fairy tale for all I know.

Posts: 4129 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Interesting. Apparently true. I thought for some reason it was a German company.

In following up on this, it seems that SIGs optics are also Chinese, maybe from the same manufacturer.

It's kind of a tangled web trying to figure out what is made where, and by whom - I guess after awhile SIG actually bought the factory / company that made Holosun in China and now make Holosun for them as well? And some of SIGs other tier optics (some Romeo 4s, 8s, etc) are made in Japan / "assembled in the USA" by SIG with their former Leupold crew in Oregon. Whatever that means.

Granted, I have some Romeo 5s (Chinesium for SIG) and for $100, they are fine (much like PSA and all the other $100-250 RDS). Are they Aimpoints? No, but not everyone needs an Aimpoint or may not need one on every rifle (as in my case on some 9MM ARs, etc).

Of course that was before the Wuhan Flu and in general now I will not buy Chinesium stuff if I can help it - but I'm not going to throw away what I already own.

Lots of ppl like Holosuns and they seem to have come a long way in the last 3-4 years. They (and the other Asian made optics) seem to be more responsive to customer needs / changing models up a bit than Aimpoint / Trijicon.

I just think the whole closed emitter warble is akin to worrying if your phone will die in an EMP blast. Yeah, it it's a downpour or you are fighting in the mud, a Deltapoint or RMR could get mucked up and take some digging at the stuff to get it out / working again. Then again I'm not running an RDS on a pistol (yet); it's too foooking hot to shoot extensively so I'll 'survive' until fall with Ameriglos on my G19s. Wink

Big Stack
posted Hide Post
On a carry gun particularly, I think the chances of getting gunk/FOD in an open reflex sight emitter is a whole bunch more likely than dealing with EMP. A closed emitter seems like a better idea for an red dot in a critical application. But if you don't feel the need, that's fine.

I do think we'll see more of them. I'd be very surprised if Trijicon doesn't go there.

quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:

It's kind of a tangled web trying to figure out what is made where, and by whom - I guess after awhile SIG actually bought the factory / company that made Holosun in China and now make Holosun for them as well? And some of SIGs other tier optics (some Romeo 4s, 8s, etc) are made in Japan / "assembled in the USA" by SIG with their former Leupold crew in Oregon. Whatever that means.

Granted, I have some Romeo 5s (Chinesium for SIG) and for $100, they are fine (much like PSA and all the other $100-250 RDS). Are they Aimpoints? No, but not everyone needs an Aimpoint or may not need one on every rifle (as in my case on some 9MM ARs, etc).

Of course that was before the Wuhan Flu and in general now I will not buy Chinesium stuff if I can help it - but I'm not going to throw away what I already own.

Lots of ppl like Holosuns and they seem to have come a long way in the last 3-4 years. They (and the other Asian made optics) seem to be more responsive to customer needs / changing models up a bit than Aimpoint / Trijicon.

I just think the whole closed emitter warble is akin to worrying if your phone will die in an EMP blast. Yeah, it it's a downpour or you are fighting in the mud, a Deltapoint or RMR could get mucked up and take some digging at the stuff to get it out / working again. Then again I'm not running an RDS on a pistol (yet); it's too foooking hot to shoot extensively so I'll 'survive' until fall with Ameriglos on my G19s. Wink

posted Hide Post
quote:
On a carry gun particularly, I think the chances of getting gunk/FOD in an open reflex sight emitter is a whole bunch more likely than dealing with EMP. A closed emitter seems like a better idea for an red dot in a critical application. But if you don't feel the need, that's fine.

I do think we'll see more of them. I'd be very surprised if Trijicon doesn't go there.
Sure, but the industry will always come up with something new you 'need', but I have yet to hear of a report of someone dying because there open emitter pistol RDS was 'gunked up', so it's currently got the same average as my EMP example. Wink

But yes, I'm sure we'll see more of them eventually.

posted Hide Post
Its hard to avoid the chinesium nowadays if you arent looking at an RMR. I've found the holosuns to be good optics and put them a bit behind RMRs but ahead of everything else at the moment. The Acro breaks glass in the only drop test I've seen any the battery life is reported to be terrible from multiple sources ie about a month or so. As a side note I think Aimpoint is a great maker but they've got work to do on the Acro to improve the battery life. I've gotten good battery life from my RMRs and Holosuns, year plus. The new holosuns change batteries via a side plate so that whole thing isnt a thing anymore. I believe the RMRs change from the bottom.

Posts: 3041 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have six Romeo1 sights, and none are made in China.

I currently run RMR’s on my 3 carry pistols (VP9’s) but have never had issues with the Romeo1’s, except two of the earliest ones killing batteries after being stored in a safe for a few months. The two that I regularly run are 6 MOA models and have been flawless.

Posts: 49 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Archer1440:
I have six Romeo1 sights, and none are made in China.
Where are they made? I know not all the Romeos are Chinese, but it's always interesting hearing where they are from.

I would guess the PI, considering they look very similar to the Burris Fastfire series.

posted Hide Post
I always found it interesting that people will spend a small fortune on a rifle and then put cheap optics on it.

The same is true of handguns.

Cheap isn't a word that describes price, but rather, quality. Price is only a component.

Jennings, Lorcin, and Hi-point have sold over the years, like hotcakes, not because of their quality, but because of their price. They're cheap. And I don't mean just the cost. They're cheap. The same is true of optics, but there is absolutely a discernible, marked difference between cheap optics and trijicon or aimpoint, and it's the difference between tools and toys.

One would hope that holosun doesn't make it's way to the front lines, because one would hope we care more about our troops than that. And the outcome of a battle.

Same for the money one invests in a pistol, whether it's for defense (how much is your life worth, and it is just the cost of the cheapest optic one can find?) or a match setting. I see a fair number of optics go down during matches. It's rare to see a quality one go down. I find that interesting.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When the will is strong, everything is easy
Picture of celticwolf
posted Hide Post
The HS407K and HS507K should work.

Little known fact the RMSc has the same screw pattern as the Delta Point, you just won't get the recoil lugs.

"You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of
avoiding reality." Ayn Rand

Posts: 2125 | Location: AZ | Registered: April 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post