SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Does anyone pocket carry a 365 SAS?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Does anyone pocket carry a 365 SAS? Login/Join 
Picture of joshs74nova
posted
Looking for ideas from any of you who already have a pocket holster for the 365 SAS. It's about as large as I'd ever go for a pocket carry setup. I'd like to hear from anyone who's given it a try.

Thanks

Posts: 325 | Location: Pearl, MS | Registered: February 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I occasionally pocket carry a P365 in a Remora holster. Mainly when doing yardwork and wearing gym shorts.

https://remoraholsterstore.com...stband-holster-gen2/

As you said, it's about as big as you'd want to go for pocket carry. But with the flush fit 10 round magazine, it works fine.

I used to do the same with a Kahr PM9. The P365 is basically identical in size, with 4 extra rounds and a better trigger.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: RogueJSK,

Posts: 32492 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Angry Korean
with a Dark Soul
Picture of Windhover
posted Hide Post
The pocket carry to me is kind of tricky. I am 5'6", 155 pounds and in fairly athletic shape. If I wear clothes that fit, there is not a lot of pocket space to carry even a gun the size of P365 (I have a Glock 43 which is virtually the same dimension).

In this regard I dispute that PM9 and P356 are basically identical in size. In my pockets they (well, the G43) really are different.

But then again, if I pocket carry, it's the Kahr P380 with Boraii "holster"...

https://www.boraii.com/

Posts: 1169 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: October 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Windhover:
In this regard I dispute that PM9 and P356 are basically identical in size.

See below. Basically identical width, height, and length.

In the pocket, I can't tell much if any difference, other than the slightly heavier weight from the P365's additional rounds. They can even share pocket holsters.

Posts: 32492 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
pockets are so subjective...

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
During my very brief episode with the 365, I pocket carried an Alabama Holsters pocket holster.
I wear Carhartt carpenter jeans and the gun / holster fit nicely in my right front pocket. Concealed well and was as comfy as pocket carry in jeans can be.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16067 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by az4783054:
pockets are so subjective...

I asked my pockets and they concluded that the PM9 and P365 felt pretty darn similar to them. Big Grin

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
If it's a 9mm, I tend to stick with IWB. If I want to go "low profile" and pocket carry, I'll go with a 7 shot .380 ACP with the best ammo for that caliber (IMHO) the Lehigh Defense 90 grain Xtreme Penetrator.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10194 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wreckless
posted Hide Post
Every day I do in a Vedder holster.

La Dolce Vita

Posts: 543 | Location: SW Florida & SNJ | Registered: July 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you like kydex, Vedder holsters make a "Pocket locker" pocket holster. It even has a optional thumb assist. They make one for your p365.

Posts: 188 | Registered: August 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I carry the p356 in my front left pocket almost all the time.

I use my IWB holsters either Vedder Lighttuck that is molded to hold the TLR-6 mounted on the gun, or the leather Outbags LS3, that also fits the Khar PM9.

If for some reason I want to change to IWB I just move it out of my pocket and it fits comfortably inside the wast band.

https://www.vedderholsters.com/lighttuck/

https://www.outbagsusa.com/col...-iwb-leather-holster

Posts: 4743 | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
I pocket carry my P365 plain Jane in a Sticky brand holster with the flat base 10 round magazine. Works well when wearing cargo shorts/docker slacks. Always have a 15 round mag in a mag pouch on my belt.

Posts: 13678 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rvbgtr
posted Hide Post
Vedder Pocket Locker.

Posts: 798 | Location: Treasure Coast, FL | Registered: June 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I did till it wore a hole in my pocket. Now I use an OWB from High Noon.

Posts: 17136 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I rarely pocket carry but if I do my old DeSantis Superfly holster from my PM9 works fine.

__________________Making Good People Helpless . . . Will Not Make Bad People Harmless!___________________

Posts: 1731 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: May 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't have the P365 SAS, but a plain standard P365, which I carry in a DeSantis pocket holster. The same holster fits my G43.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of joshs74nova
posted Hide Post

Which Seecamp do you have? It's on my shortlist and I'm torn between the 32 or 380.

As far as the holster, I'm thinking I'll go with the Alabama holster company. I like to shop local.

Posts: 325 | Location: Pearl, MS | Registered: February 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Grandiosity is a sign
of mental illness
posted Hide Post
I bought a Desantis Superfly with my 365.

I pocket carry an LCP2 in the provided holster every day. I wear cargo pants (specifically Duluth Trading Flex Firehose cargos) nearly every day, and the LCP vanishes.

The 365 doesn't print exactly (the outline is broken up, doesn't look like a gun) , but the pants don't have enough drape or I have too much thigh muscle or something because my leg winds up pushing against the 365 too much. So it just kind of looks like I have *something* vaguely squarish in my pocket, almost like a paperback book.

With really loose pants, or if I had chicken legs, it would be fine.

As it is the 365 is cargo pocket only where it goes great, until the IWB holster I have on order arrives.

Posts: 2453 | Location: MO | Registered: March 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've used the Superfly that I originally bought for my G43 for the couple of times that I've tried pocket carry with the P365 (non-SAS). Came to the same conclusion as I did with the Glock: not for me.

-MG

Posts: 1979 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by joshs74nova:

Which Seecamp do you have? It's on my shortlist and I'm torn between the 32 or 380.

As far as the holster, I'm thinking I'll go with the Alabama holster company. I like to shop local.

I have an original (Milford) LWS380 (.380 ACP). I don't have a problem with recoil and think it's about the same as my Ruger LCPs (I own an original version and LCP2). I only use the "approved" ammunition in my Seecamp, which is Federal Hydra Shok and Winchester Silvertip, to avoid damaging the pistol and insure proper functioning. I routinely checked Matt Del Fatti's website for "In Stock Items", and nabbed an elephant hide PH-3 and matching PSM magazine carrier for my Seecamp. You like to buy "local" and I certainly appreciate that, but if you think a Del Fatti is something you'd like, check his "In Stock" items regularly and you may very well score like I did as he does occasionally make runs of his PH-3 holsters for Seecamp owners.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10194 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post