SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig 239 Popularity
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig 239 Popularity Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I have 2 P239's. Both Gen 1 SAS DAKS. One in 40 the other in 357. I'm a big fan and carry the 40 with a crimson trace grip in a VM2 quite comfortably. I agree the capacity is limited but from the holster I'm able to get off two shots in the 10 ring at 21 feet PDQ.

Posts: 103 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JoeSig:
When I bought my 239 40 back in 2001 - everyone around me at the LGS looked at me like I had 5 heads....

LGS sold a ton of the traditional 226's, 229's, etc.

I find it incredibly easy to shoot, very accurate and not too burdensome to carry with the right rig.

Have acquired another in DAK 9MM - saaweet shooter.

I had a 226 in 357 Sig, great gun, just did not shoot it much [really maybe 35 rounds through it]. Sold it to a friend.

For years, the common complaint was the feel of the single-stack grip of the 239 - so if it does not work for one person, then best to move on - I wanted the narrow grip for concealability and it works.

The 229's I've held feel incredible in the hand, I'm just not going to use for carry purposes.

I'm not letting go of any of our 239's.

JoeSig

That's the pistole JS lent me for my CPL. Fell in love with the P239 DAK 9mm, right there and then. Had to have one.

It really does shoot as well as folks say.

Absolutely love this Sig. Big Grin

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
My 239/9 was my first Sig, so I will never sell it anyway. Of course, it shoots incredibly well and functions flawlessly, as any Sig should. I got it for $425 (new and tax-free!) in '97 at the Kaiserslautern Rod & Gun Club while stationed at Ramstein AB, Germany. I sent it to Sig several years ago for the AEP, SRT, bbl recrown, feed ramp polish, and the SSP. Made an awesome pistol more awesome. Yes, heavy for a single stack 9, but when it was first introduced there was much less competition for it, and it was beautiful German design awesomeness. In my opinion, a great gun, even if not for everybody.

Added: I should add that it is a German-produced, German-proofed, triple serial, two-tone. Cool

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1681 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
A P239 9mm was my off-duty gun for a period of time. I really liked that gun. It fit my hand perfectly.

My dad still has one and I got to shoot it last year. My friend has my old one, he's told me that if I ever want to buy it back - its mine.

No longer shooting DA/SA guns, but if I was to pick one up again it would be the 239 9mm.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1898 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of c_zielsdorf
posted Hide Post
Mine is a 357 SIG, and I like it enough I just bought a 9mm barrel, mag, and recoil spring from SIG.

Disabled combat vet

Posts: 1409 | Location: WY | Registered: February 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mainer:
quote:
Originally posted by c1steve:
There was a comment on a thread a few months ago where a Sig employee had stated to a forum member that Sig will be dropping the P239 model relatively soon. The thread was may have been about the Shot Show. I believe the comment was that this would be the last year of production for the P239.

If this is correct, then I am glad I bought one already. It is a great CCW. Mine is in 357 Sig, and I just ordered a .40 S&W barrel for it. It is likely one of the last Sigs that I would let go.

Well, glad I got mine, also in 357 Sig, if they are about to drop it. I put Hogue G10 Piranha grips on it and recently got it back from Sig Custom Shop for the Action Enhancement Package and Tritium front sight. Trigger is smooth and sights are great. Love this pistol. In colder weather I probably will carry my M11-A1 w/357 caliber X-change kit to 357 Sig, but in warmer weather & lighter clothes, it's the P239 with one or two extra mags--8 rounders. I won't part with it except under extreme duress. Size is good, and the weight does a nice job of absorbing recoil of 357 round. It just works.

Posts: 8 | Location: South-Central Pennsylvania | Registered: December 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of inspcalahan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by c_zielsdorf:
Mine is a 357 SIG, and I like it enough I just bought a 9mm barrel, mag, and recoil spring from SIG.

Is this all that's needed to swap calibers? I've been thinking of something similar, but threaded so I can use my suppressor as well...but wanted to go with 9mm, using my .357sig pistol.

Posts: 822 | Location: Alaska | Registered: April 29, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by inspcalahan:
quote:
Originally posted by c_zielsdorf:

Is this all that's needed to swap calibers? I've been thinking of something similar, but threaded so I can use my suppressor as well...but wanted to go with 9mm, using my .357sig pistol.

Most people get away with nothing but a factory barrel in the caliber they want to shoot and either the correct caliber mag or a .40 S&W mag. That's how mine is setup (see my earlier post on page 2). I can shoot 9mm, .40 and .357 with nothing but a barrel swap.

Posts: 60 | Registered: November 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Sig P239 was the gun that got me hooked on handguns and Sigs...funny thing is I've never owned one. Went straight to a Sig P229ST that I sold years ago. I have since sold most of my handguns (have NO Sigs) but still have the urge for a 239 when I read about the accuracy and ergonomics. Plan would be to carry it sometimes in the winter but shoot at the range mostly. My G26 gets carried the most now. With news that the 239 could be discontinued may push me to get one before I buy a 1911. I need to shoot one...

Posts: 406 | Location: NW FL | Registered: August 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by watarski:
The Sig P239 was the gun that got me hooked on handguns and Sigs...funny thing is I've never owned one. Went straight to a Sig P229ST that I sold years ago. I have since sold most of my handguns (have NO Sigs) but still have the urge for a 239 when I read about the accuracy and ergonomics. Plan would be to carry it sometimes in the winter but shoot at the range mostly. My G26 gets carried the most now. With news that the 239 could be discontinued may push me to get one before I buy a 1911. I need to shoot one...

Same here. It is the one that started the "Sig-ness" for me.

Highly recommend you to get one, enjoy it, and hang on to it Smile

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cant say enough about what a sweet pistol the P239 is. I had hogue checkered grips on mine and it was the most accurate sig I owned, but sold it over a year and a half ago after I picked up a p225-A1. Funny thing is I was at that lgs over the weekend and it is still there for $850 with 4 mags.

Posts: 263 | Registered: January 22, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post