SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig 239 Popularity
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig 239 Popularity Login/Join 
posted
Well over 20 years ago I purchased my first Sig pistol, a 239 in 9mm. It remains my favorite all around pistol, although I have added quite a few other Sigs to my collection--and I like them all. My question: Can anyone tell me how the 239 ranks in Sig pistol sales? I don't read much about it in magazines or on forums. Thank you in advance for any responses. --c

Posts: 63 | Registered: December 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I know nothing about its ranking in sales, but I carried one for several years, and quite like the P239. I want to grt mine to Bruce Grey to work over, one of these days, then get refinished. Great pistol.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
In the last 5 months we have sold 3 239s. 2 in 357sig and 1 in 9mm. In the same time period we sold 7 225A1s and 22 320 compacts. And 4 sub compact 320s.

The striker fired plastic Sigs are whats in demand, at our shop. Hope this helps! Regards 18DAI

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Corky:
Well over 20 years ago I purchased my first Sig pistol, a 239 in 9mm. It remains my favorite all around pistol, although I have added quite a few other Sigs to my collection--and I like them all. My question: Can anyone tell me how the 239 ranks in Sig pistol sales? I don't read much about it in magazines or on forums. Thank you in advance for any responses. --c

Funny you mention this.

I went shooting on Thursday and took my 239-9mm out for the first time in 5 years.

It is possibly the most accurate 9mm I have. It's super reliable too.

Had a great time. Don't think I'll ever part with it.

-------------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought a P239 .40 S&W years ago. It was my first .40, and I did not like it. I sold that gun to forum member StruckingFuggle and bought my first P225, which I liked a lot and wound up buying two more P225's.

In the last two years I bought two more P239 pistols in .40, but changed one to a .357 Sig. I like the model now. I would like to find one in 9mm, though I do not need it.

Posts: 1988 | Location: metro Atlanta, GA | Registered: July 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I always wanted a 239. I like single stack 9's. When the 225A1 came out I bought it because its the same size and the ergos or feel in the hand were far superior to my monkey grip.

I don't think any single stack nine besides the Glock 43 will ever set any sales records. Which is a shame.

Posts: 7347 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
P239 will probably be the last of my "P" Series Sigs that I part with. Its that good

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of stormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CQB60:
P239 will probably be the last of my "P" Series Sigs that I part with. Its that good

It's the only SIG I still own. The 220's, 229's, 226 and 228 are all long gone.

It's really a shame, but my 239-9 isn't really any easier to carry than my Glock 19 or my VP9sk. It never leaves the safe and will probably get traded sooner or later for another Glock 19.

Posts: 327 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: March 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can't speak for how popular new Sig P239's might be but I have anicdotal evidence about how few show up used in local pawn shops. A buddy and I habitually tour our local shops at lunch constantly on the hunt for random deals that spring up occasionally. While Sig P320's and 250's show up regularly very few classic Sigs ever make it to the display cases of our local shops.

In five years I have seen three P220's, three P226's (one in .357, one in 9mm, and one in .40), two P228's, a P229 in 9mm, and three P239's in 9mm (one with a threaded barrel). None of the Sigs tended to last very long, andespecially the 9mm pistols, including the P239's which tended to last less then a month.

During the same time our local Academy has had a couple of P220's, an M11-A1, and a P226 but they have not carried either the P239 or the P225A1.

Laughing in the face of danger is all well and good until danger laughs back.

Posts: 496 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: July 08, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
A 239 in .40 was my first handgun, in 2004.

Led me to this place.

Now, when I carry a real gun, it's a Glock 19. I like having more boolits. But I'll never part with my 239.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11446 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
The P239 is a bona fide Sig success story; just a fantastic handling piece, and in 9mm, almost feels like a blowback .22. One of the smoothest shooting Sigs out there.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15501 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I imagine the P239 sold magnificently when it was released and for some time, up until recently. Now the pocket pistol craze likely hurt sales. Not saying it's going anywhere, just that people are scooping up the even smaller options.

I have no basis for this though, other than pure conjecture.

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1859 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There was a comment on a thread a few months ago where a Sig employee had stated to a forum member that Sig will be dropping the P239 model relatively soon. The thread was may have been about the Shot Show. I believe the comment was that this would be the last year of production for the P239.

-c1steve

Posts: 4041 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
The newly minted p239 is a rather expensive option compared to others it competes with-and there is lots of competition. I don't imagine it is SIGs best seller and it may very well go the way of the p230/p232 since the p225a is taking up the slack. However, in 40/357 I feel it's still a modern day "six-shooter" that should hold its own for at least a little while longer. I have only seen 2 local ones for sale and didn't pass up the second one. It's DA/SA so it's already doomed I suppose.

Posts: 3484 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
I think it's one of the easiest guns to carry, something about the grip disappears while carrying IWB. It's as accurate and reliable as a full sized SIG. It's not a numbers gun, it just works.
A sweaty in 9mm, I prefer the full sized slide serrations on the 40/357.

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4611 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a very early P239 that I picked up from a forum member here, and it has once again become my main carry, having recently replaced my P230. Yes, the P239 is heavier and larger, but it carries pretty well considering, and is extremely easy to shoot. In terms of size/weight to rounds, yes, it looses to other pistols, but in terms of just being "right", it will always be at or near the top of the pack, for me.

Posts: 1251 | Location: Oregon | Registered: March 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
I would guess that it is behind all of the double stacked guns and the 220 in popularity. It's a great gun. I think service sized weapons and more capacity are just more popular.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7935 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gunguru123
posted Hide Post
I had one in 9mm years ago. Okay gun but heavy for a single stacked gun, almost same dimension to my 229's as it fit onto the same holsters. Might as well carry the double stacked 229 or my much lighter G43 with TT +2 base plates. Just my .02 cents.

Sig P220 Elite Dark, W. German 220/226 Navy/226 Tac Ops/226R Stainless/228/229 Legion/229R/M11-A1D

Glocks, HK, Walther, XDs, etc, etc...

Posts: 1043 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't know about its general "popularity", but IMO it is the perfect CCW pistol.
Mine's a .40:
Just big enough to be substantial and absorb enough recoil for accurate quick shots; small enough for convenient carry by not-too-big guys.
The DA/SA operation WITH small BUT EXPOSED HAMMER is definitely the safest operation ...and of course, the "to hell and back reliability".

There are smaller pistols, pistols with more capacity, lighter pistols, etc, but everything in carrying is a compromise, and the P239 checks all the boxes at "perfection".

But I am opinionated. Smile

"Crom is strong! If I die, I have to go before him, and he will ask me, 'What is the riddle of steel?' If I don't know it, he will cast me out of Valhalla and laugh at me."

Posts: 6641 | Registered: September 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by c1steve:
There was a comment on a thread a few months ago where a Sig employee had stated to a forum member that Sig will be dropping the P239 model relatively soon. The thread was may have been about the Shot Show. I believe the comment was that this would be the last year of production for the P239.

If this is correct, then I am glad I bought one already. It is a great CCW. Mine is in 357 Sig, and I just ordered a .40 S&W barrel for it. It is likely one of the last Sigs that I would let go.

Posts: 19 | Registered: July 23, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post