SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    BBQ gun holster
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

BBQ gun holster Login/Join 
posted
I need a recommendation on a BBQ gun holster for the awesome P228 I got from Q.

So leave your superhero t-shirt in the closet and put on your Sunday best for suggestions.

P.S.-I've been a kydex guy before there was kydex, meaning we had the parachute riggers make our holsters out of old school kydex called nylon. I'm looking for a nice holster to actually showcase the gun.

Posts: 634 | Registered: March 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of craigcpa
posted Hide Post
Many fine holster makers on this board, but my leanings are to Nightingale holsters. Hopefully, Kevin will make a stop in this thread.

==========================================
Just my 2¢

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right ♫♫♫

Posts: 7731 | Location: Raleighwood | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Big river leather http://www.bigriverleather.com was or is a member here and by all accounts makes good stuff.

I haven’t been able to sample his stuff on my own but I haven’t heard of any complaints and everything I have seen is well up to BBQ standards.

Chris

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7675 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ryan Grizzle makes great stuff, posts here as countryboy.

The CCW forum has a sticky at the top for holster makers. Lots of good choices.

Posts: 1195 | Location: Moved to N.W. MT. | Registered: April 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
TT Gun Leather. Get your choice of exotic leather trim.

Posts: 32495 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
TT Gun Leather. Get your choice of exotic leather trim.

^^^this!!!^^^

Posts: 270 | Location: NorCal | Registered: June 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Saluki
posted Hide Post
Nixon leather, on Facebook. Very nice looking leatherwork, very nice. I've got a belt, holster and ammo slide. All are very well done, and the guy has a talent.

----------The weather is here I wish you were beautiful----------

Posts: 5149 | Location: southern Mn | Registered: February 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here's a vote for El Paso Saddlery...great holsters and belts for a century! (ya gotta have a fancy belt to compliment the holster/gun donchaknow). Best Regards, Rod

5th Spl Forces, Air Force Bird Dog FAC, lll Corps RVN 69-70.... We enjoy the Bill of Rights by the sacrifices of our veterans;
Politicians, Preachers, Educators, Journalists and Community Organizers are beneficiaries, not defenders of our freedoms.

Posts: 726 | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
Only time I've owned a "BBQ Gun Holster" was when my wife bought me Kramer Shark's skin holster, belt, and mag pouch set for my SIG P225. It was my off-duty gun for a while.

I would use the set up when going to court.

A friend of mine had an alligator hide holster from Galco - it was nice too.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1898 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Where liberty dwells,
there is my country
Picture of Nick
posted Hide Post
Gary Brommeland of Brommeland Gunleather make a “Presentation grade” version of the Def-Con that is very highly boned and polished.

"Escaped the liberal Borg and living free"

Posts: 2225 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: January 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
I am a fan of Tucker Gunleather in Houston, especially the HF1

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rodfac:
Here's a vote for El Paso Saddlery...great holsters and belts for a century! (ya gotta have a fancy belt to compliment the holster/gun donchaknow). Best Regards, Rod

Agreed. I’ve always thought a skillfully full floral carved rig was most appropriate for a BBQ gun, and they’re good at it.

Posts: 26894 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
For a true BBQ gun holster....Pure Kustoms..

http://www.purekustom.com/new_...holster_projects.htm

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
If you can't find one with the above suggestions, then you really dont want one. Big Grin

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys, Grizzle's countryboy it is. And I only use Armour belts.

Posts: 634 | Registered: March 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
come and take it
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HayesGreener:
I am a fan of Tucker Gunleather in Houston, especially the HF1

This is what I want for my BBQ gun.

I have a few SIGs.

Posts: 1887 | Location: Texan north of the Red River | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
El Paso Saddlery....end of Story.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
I got this a while back and I think it's self explanatory. Just an example of what can be done.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SgtGold,

Posts: 7069 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
My only BBQ holster is a Mernickle.

Posts: 21097 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like light tan with sharkskin accents. TTGunleather "DDOS" on the right, RGrizzle "Georgia Snap" in the upper left.

Posts: 117 | Registered: February 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post