SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Looking to buy a Kahr 380cw good/bad
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking to buy a Kahr 380cw good/bad Login/Join 
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
White City, Florida

Think my LGS has or had one in the used gun case when I dropped in Monday.... Pretty sure it was the 380 as it was grouped in with the tiny ruger and keltec

Posts: 23439 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If I remember correctly, before I sent mine in, it ran 100% with WInchester, Remington Golden Sabre, as well as their 88 grain hollow points, UMC, Hornady Critical Defense & PPU. The only ammunition that it would choke on was Fiocchi. because their rims were thicker. I wasn’t going to send it in, but, I thought, what if some of the other manufacturers started to make their rims thicker too

Posts: 221 | Location: WI | Registered: October 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
God will always provide
Picture of Fla. Jim
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
quote:
White City, Florida

Think my LGS has or had one in the used gun case when I dropped in Monday.... Pretty sure it was the 380 as it was grouped in with the tiny ruger and keltec

Guess I need to look about and check prices. Buds have them for A little over 3 bills online.

Posts: 4410 | Location: White City, Florida | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
God will always provide
Picture of Fla. Jim
posted Hide Post
Ordered one from Buds today as the only used ones about were almost as much. Thanks for the info!!

Posts: 4410 | Location: White City, Florida | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fla. Jim:
Ordered one from Buds today as the only used ones about were almost as much. Thanks for the info!!

Don't be surprised if the slide feels extremely hard to slingshot. Use the slide-lock-back-then-release method to charge a round.

PPU and Aguila FMJ were great for range use and I've had good results with Hornady Critical Defense JHP as carry ammp as the steep, side-set feed ramp in this gun has issues with a good number of JHP brands that work flawlessly elsewhere.

Posts: 33804 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Had a cw380, wasnt reliable. Kahr could be great pistols if they had frame rails like every other polymer gun. Their steel guns are reliable, but heavy.

Bought a LCPII when they came out and it had issues. Tried again couple years later and its been 100%. With a Hogue Handall on it recoil is nill, accuracy is great.

Posts: 1871 | Registered: June 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sg:

Had a cw380, wasnt reliable.

It may have been you or the ammo and not the pistol. They are very ammo-picky and will not tolerate even the slightest bit of limp wristing.

Mine was a jam-o-matic or so I thought, for the first 10 rounds. Then after I realized that I just could not hold it two-handed like a Glock 17 and went back to a firm, one-handed grip like I'd always used with my Kel-Tec P-32, it was 100% from then on for the next 140 rounds.

Posts: 33804 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
God will always provide
Picture of Fla. Jim
posted Hide Post
Received my pistol and went yesterday and sent 175 rds or more downrange. Used WW white box flat nose. Had 2 failure to reload in the middle of a couple mags. (used only the one provided mag) It ejected the previous round but did not load the next for some reason. Just skipped it and loaded nothing. Next batch of ammo will have a pointed nose to make sure it's not a gun problem and was caused by the flat nose. It ran fine other than that and was quite accurate for a mouse gun.

posted Hide Post
I have a CT380, which is 1/2 inch longer in the grip versus the CW380. I like it a lot, though I’m still technically in the 200-round breakin period. Running quality ammo (S&B), I haven’t had any issues. Shoots POA = POI and I like how it shoots.

---
Kent in MI

P226 in 9mm
P220 in 45acp
P320 X-5
P365
P365XL
P365-380

Posts: 45 | Location: Central Michigan (USA) | Registered: August 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had a P380 for a while. The trigger was nice, but as others have described, it was very ammunition sensitive and prone to limp wristing.

It got a bit better after breaking in, but honestly reliability is the most important consideration in this type of handgun. Mine was not.

Get an LCP. You'll save money, and in the role that this size gun is meant for (up close and personal), the inferior trigger doesn't matter that much IMO.

Posts: 24 | Registered: September 18, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Received my pistol and went yesterday and sent 175 rds or more downrange. Used WW white box flat nose. Had 2 failure to reload in the middle of a couple mags. (used only the one provided mag) It ejected the previous round but did not load the next for some reason. Just skipped it and loaded nothing. Next batch of ammo will have a pointed nose to make sure it's not a gun problem and was caused by the flat nose. It ran fine other than that and was quite accurate for a mouse gun.

I only have 2 magazines for mine, and eventhough they ran 100%, I put "Maguts" in both

Posts: 221 | Location: WI | Registered: October 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DCA_PSCI:

...Get an LCP. You'll save money, and in the role that this size gun is meant for (up close and personal), the inferior trigger doesn't matter that much IMO.

What he said. You can get a I (slide does not lock back) for $200, sometimes less:

https://palmettostatearmory.co...6rd-pistol-3701.html

Ruger makes good 7rd mags for the I:

http://shopruger.com/LCP-7-Rou...e/productinfo/90405/

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a CT380. In regards to the "use the slide lock to release" business, I disagree. The slide lock doesn't stick out far enough for me to reliably operate it with my thumb.

You can do it with the "hand over top" method as long as you realize that there's a monster spring in there fighting you. Get a killer grip on the slide with your left hand and slam the pistol forward with your right. Don't let go of the slide -- when it reaches the end of its travel, your left hand will slip off naturally and the slide will go forward into battery. Better than screwing around with that mini-slide-lever, IMO.

Posts: 842 | Registered: December 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:

Fla. Jim

Have you shot it any more? What do you think of it?

God will always provide
Picture of Fla. Jim
posted Hide Post
I shot once more with a 50 count box of federal round fmj and the rest of the flat nose White box. Nary a hiccup. My son in law witnessed the first non-feed in the middle of a mag and says my thumb had been riding the de cock lever which is also a problem with some other brands. It was a simple matter of sling shotting the next round in and continued firing. The other one was most likely the same problem. I'm now content it is suitable for pocket carry when my G26 is too big or heavy. I'm comfortable with it and like the fact I can actually hit pretty good with it. In my opinion it was worth the price point.
Ps I went with a DeSantis Nemesis pocket holster also and am well please with it

Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm comfortable with it and like the fact I can actually hit pretty good with it. In my opinion it was worth the price point.
Ps I went with a DeSantis Nemesis pocket holster also and am well please with it

Nice. I use a Nemesis too and love it.

I've found this works great in the CW380 for carry ammo:

posted Hide Post
I've found Hornaday's load with their XTP bullet slightly more accurate in MY CW380, but, the 2nd most accurate load was the FTX

God will always provide
Picture of Fla. Jim
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys I'll have to try some. Right now it's loaded with the federal fmj but I understand they can over penetrate...At least from some you tube vids of gel penetrating shooting. Hornady XTP "seems" to be the best for expansion and penetration from the vids I have seen.

posted Hide Post
Mind did not work, so I traded it off. New owner says he had to find an ammo it liked.

Posts: 442 | Registered: March 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've had three Kahrs, two PM-9s and one P-380. All were completely reliable for me, but I just preferred other firearms, so, thye drifted away.

A little hard to work the slides as others have said, but easy to shoot and maintain.

Bob

Posts: 1575 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post