SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Arsenal Strike One Pistol
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Arsenal Strike One Pistol Login/Join 
posted
I heard three or four years ago that this pistol was poised to take the handgun world by storm, much like the Glock did decades earlier. Strangely, I don't hear a lot about it. Does anybody own one/know someone who does, and if so, what are your/their thoughts on it? Anybody know why it hasn't really taken off?

Posts: 1751 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: December 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Think they are made overseas and were looking for a distribution deal that fell through and later they were bought out by someone else.

Many companies reach a sweet spot in time. a few years ago may have been theirs. Mid '90s Sigs. Magnum research before they were bought out by Khar... Depends on who you ask.

Posts: 9144 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Cassian had one in John Wick 2.

I've never seen one, but they have a hefty price tag

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the replies. I was just wondering if they were "the greatest thing since sliced bread" that they were purported to be when they went into production.

Posts: 1751 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: December 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
They were nice but Arsenal got sued for patent infringement IIRC and pulled them from the market. My local shop had several and I considered buying one.

Posts: 3082 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Ah ha! I was RO'ing a match a month or so ago and someone was shooting one. I couldn't put a name with the face at the time. I was standing there thinking... "damn it, I know what that is..." but I'd be damned if I could think of it, total brain fart.

Posts: 21099 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wasn't this the one that was designed in Russia or Bulgaria but manufactured in Italy?

Posts: 2010 | Registered: March 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Either Russia or it was a joint Italian-Russian team. It was supposed to be the next world-beater of a Russian service pistol and Tanfoglio was going to sell them to the civilian market. That was back when you saw what I guess were the equivalent of 'concept vehicles' with 15" barrels and bipods.

I was looking for something else, and came across this over at TFB.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/...-one-stryk-b-pistol/

OP, FWIW -

http://www.sigforum.com/eve/fo...0601935/m/7980093244

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
I thought salient bought them and was going to sell them under a different name.

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3204 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
From their website it looks like they bought the last of the "Strike One" branded versions to sell as slicked-up custom specials.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pittwm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1KPerDay:
I thought salient bought them and was going to sell them under a different name.

They did and now its branded with yet another name....

Posts: 5445 | Location: Paducah KY | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pittwm:
quote:
Originally posted by 1KPerDay:

They did and now its branded with yet another name....

At over $2600 they can call it anything they want. I will brand it 'hideously overpriced'.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Well if Salient bought it, it's certainly not going to get any cheaper! LMAO

(though it might get uglier)

Posts: 21099 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately I don't think the pistol will ever see full importation or production in the US, it's been tossed around from company to company and even if it did so I doubt that will gain enough support. A good example is the CZ p10c that was marketed as the Glock killer and to this day its yet to make a dent on taking a large bite on the other striker fire handguns.

Posts: 931 | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
More vapor ware?

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Newf
posted Hide Post
Still for sale up here for less than a grand Can$ (or about a buck fifty US lol) for the "regular" Strike One model, from a number of retailers. A more expensive version, Strike 1 Speed, as well as a compact version "Strike B", are also available - both for a couple hundred more. A relative has the older model and it's a heavy pistol with a decent, if long, trigger, soft shooting and seems accurate enough.

Posts: 920 | Location: Canada | Registered: June 05, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have one of the Strike One's. It is very accurate and soft shooting. The trigger takes some getting used to. My problem is with the design of the magazine latch system. Every once in a while the magazine latch has to be adjusted or the magazines fall out. I am waiting on the next version called Archon Stryk B.

Posts: 4 | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd like to see one.

posted Hide Post
Rain6.com is doing pre-sales. They have pictures. YouTube has videos.

Posts: 4 | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
There is a less than great gun store near me that seems to always have a few in stock...along with every color of the rainbow LCP and SCCY...any kind of chromed or gold plated desert eagle you could want..you get the idea..l

I held one once....it’s interesting....not double the cost of a Glock 19 interesting

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post