SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Trijicon RMR vs Leupold DeltaPoint Pro - No comparison
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trijicon RMR vs Leupold DeltaPoint Pro - No comparison Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
My only problem with the DPP is that its base is so incredibly tall. I end up with absurdly high suppressor-height sights to cowitness. Enough that the front sight actually hung up in the channel in a 6360RDS. I use RMRs and ACROs, and I've heard a lot of good about the Holosun 507c.

Posts: 500 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: December 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That video was wildly annoying. That dude sucks as a video host. Lol.

I will update my analysis. As a private citizen I would have zero doubts about using the SRO for duty use. Duty use to me being HD or CCW. It was cringeworthy watching that thing shatter. Kind of like the 320 though, I don’t think dropping 6 feet on concrete blocks is something that will happen in my circumstances. It certainly could, and I think that demonstrates why the SRO would never in its current guise be a combat style optic. For most guys I think it would be great. I misapplied the word duty, my bad. For those who need more strength I wonder if the simple application of a spring steel hood, ala the Deltapoint Pro, would fix all that ails you. If so, the RMR would die. (Obviously my opinion only)

No reservations here for any of my private citizen duty use.

Posts: 7349 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevbo:
The acro on my carry gun is on a 7. I don’t have any problem picking up the dot outside or inside on a 7. If it was super bright I might go up to an 8. I have a bad astigmatism, so when the dot is brighter it tends to starburst more if that makes sense. I can’t see any reason to ever be on a 9 or 10

I basically change the battery in my carry gun every 2 months. A spare battery easily fits in the grip plug area of the gun too (one advantage of a smaller battery)

I really think people just needed to adjust their expectations with the size battery. If the rmr ran on the acro battery you’d get less life too. As with lots of stuf, there is a trade off.

I’ve asked the aimpoint guys why they didn’t go with a 2032 and it basically didn’t work for the size they wanted for a pistol optic. If you want an aimpoint with a closed emitter and double glass like the acro that runs on a 2032 that’s basically what the T2 is

There are several good stress tests out and about with the acro, including one by sage dynamics.

I’ve been carrying one for basically 4 months now. It’s a great optic.

The problem with the T1/T2 on a pistol is the rotating rheostat gets knocked around a lot more. It breaks and does not hold the brightness setting. The brightness then varies constantly as the gun recoils.

Posts: 528 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’ve personally had both and RMR and a DPP fail on pistols.

Gen 1 RMR stopped holding zero. It’s a known issue with Gen 1 RMRs.

The DPP started having intermittent dot issues under recoil. This is usually a prelude to the sight dying completely. This is a known issue with the battery contacts shifting under recoil.

Both were addressed under warranty.

Posts: 528 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
It was cringeworthy watching that thing shatter.

And that makes me wonder what the value of "back up" iron sights on a pistol OR rifle if they are not offset.

I mean, other than helping you find the elusive red dot to start with.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: RichardC,

Posts: 15845 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
On a rifle easy enough to just make the primary optic removable. And the history is the the Aimpoint and maybe ACOG survive just about anything.
ON a pistol removable is not possible. But I can say an RMR is very,very tough. Among the brilliant testing of that I have done is having an RMR on a slide hit a barricade backwards at full recoil. Have me land on a rock from a fall of about 4 ft with the RMR directly taking the hit (me on top)... (broke the bladetech kydex holster didn't bother the rmr), having the RMR directly take the hit of an interior watertight door. etc.
We will see if the aimpoint is tough. I don't expect the SRO to be given its shape. But an RMR is definitely tough...

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10974 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post