SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Trijicon RMR vs Leupold DeltaPoint Pro - No comparison
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trijicon RMR vs Leupold DeltaPoint Pro - No comparison Login/Join 
'Murica
Picture of szuppo
posted
Recently purchased an RMR to replace an older DeltaPoint Pro on a Glock 34 MOS. I mounted and really tried to like it but it is nowhere close to the Leupold in clarity. The window on the RMR seemed somewhat distorted. Boxed it back up for return and ordered a new DP Pro.

Semper Fi

Posts: 3240 | Location: Canfield, Ohio | Registered: October 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Yes, what the RMR lacks in clarity, it more than makes up in reliability.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:

“You can’t see your target as well, but it always works.”
Wink

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Hahahahah, yeah sometime like that.

Maybe Leupold has made some durability improvements to the DPP.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
'Murica
Picture of szuppo
posted Hide Post
I never had a durability issue with the DPP. Maybe I was lucky? The new DPP appears to addressed some of those issues from what I've read.

Semper Fi

Posts: 3240 | Location: Canfield, Ohio | Registered: October 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by szuppo:
I never had a durability issue with the DPP. Maybe I was lucky? The new DPP appears to addressed some of those issues from what I've read.

Earlier date codes seem to be more reliable than the ones built in 2018. There have been some changes made that I have read about. Cannot remember the details. Don't think any of them have been shot extensively enough yet to say they're fixed.

I have 3 dpp's. Two of which have north of 10k on them. None have given me any issue. My gen 1 rmr was garbage.

Posts: 5383 | Location: MS | Registered: June 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by szuppo:
Recently purchased an RMR to replace an older DeltaPoint Pro on a Glock 34 MOS. I mounted and really tried to like it but it is nowhere close to the Leupold in clarity. The window on the RMR seemed somewhat distorted. Boxed it back up for return and ordered a new DP Pro.

Since durability wasn't your primary concern maybe the SRO would have been a better optic to compare against your DPP.

Posts: 234 | Location: Bucks County, PA | Registered: December 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
'Murica
Picture of szuppo
posted Hide Post
I'd heard so much good about the RMR I thought I'd give it a try. That is, until I looked through it.

Semper Fi

Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
The RMR and Deltapoint both passed the long-term, extensive reliability testing conducted by Sage Dynamics, a well-respected firearms training/research group, and they are the only two MRDS that they recommend using for duty use at this point.

At the time their report was published in mid-2017, the DP had no reliability concerns. However, that testing occurred from 2013-2017, so if it's true that the DP has possibly declined in quality in the last year or so, that may have changed.

For those interested, here's Sage's full white paper on MRDSs for Duty Use: http://docs.wixstatic.com/ugd/...903192fa603fce6f.pdf

Posts: 32421 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have an RMR,SRO,and DPP. Oh yea a old school original Deltapoint. The original DP is junk. Massive steaming dung pile of crap. The RMR is probably hell and back reliable as Rhino said but the size of the window and whack job tint sucks. You can train out of that but I like to play around with a bunch of guns so that is no bueno.

Just got the SRO and DPP. They both are outstanding. Clear glass and big enough to find and keep dot. I would literally recommend either of them. I imagine the Trijicon is more durable but I can’t prove it. The controls on SRO make more sense and are pretty foolproof. DPP is a guessing game of am I going up or down right now. Not an issue for matches but I guess for real world work the Trijicon wins.

Honestly they both are phenomenal. The Leupold beats on price.

My point is the real comparison is between Leupold Deltapoint Pro vs Trijicon SRO. If money was no object I would put the SRO on everything I shoot with dots, including SD guns.

Posts: 7344 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:

Negative, I've seen multiple members on arf report they are on their second or third replacement RMR.

Posts: 1871 | Registered: June 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When I decided to get a red dot last year, I asked an old friend who still worked at SWC to ask around and see what their weapons folks recommended. The answer came back DPP. I've been happy with mine through a few thousand rounds on a Glock 17, although it hasn't been "hard use". I don't like the "tint" on the RMRs I've looked through.

Posts: 780 | Registered: January 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
An acquaintance of mind has 30,000+ on his Delta Point, and he seems happy with it. Anecdotal, I know.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
I’ve had DPPs, RMRs, one of the Holosun 507s and aimpoint acros

I like the acros the best of them all

I like the rmrs the least

Honestly, the holosun is the best combination of cost and performance

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevbo:

The Acro P1? If so, where did you acquire it?

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Kenzie’s optics is where I’ve gotten mine...all through amazon actually. I have several from them now

quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
quote:
Originally posted by Kevbo:

The Acro P1? If so, where did you acquire it?

——————————————————

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
I have an RMR,SRO,and DPP. Oh yea a old school original Deltapoint. The original DP is junk. Massive steaming dung pile of crap. The RMR is probably hell and back reliable as Rhino said but the size of the window and whack job tint sucks. You can train out of that but I like to play around with a bunch of guns so that is no bueno.

Just got the SRO and DPP. They both are outstanding. Clear glass and big enough to find and keep dot. I would literally recommend either of them. I imagine the Trijicon is more durable but I can’t prove it. The controls on SRO make more sense and are pretty foolproof. DPP is a guessing game of am I going up or down right now. Not an issue for matches but I guess for real world work the Trijicon wins.

Honestly they both are phenomenal. The Leupold beats on price.

My point is the real comparison is between Leupold Deltapoint Pro vs Trijicon SRO. If money was no object I would put the SRO on everything I shoot with dots, including SD guns.

Is the SRO very bigger in size than the RMR?

I am deciding between the two and can’t get used to it’s look vs the rmr’s.. I agree that the rmr tint and window size are some con’s

Posts: 258 | Registered: July 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The glass is round. The footprint is identical. Effectively it is the same basic size as a DPP. It won’t fit in any ALS holster but works fine in my Blade Techs.

Posts: 7344 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
The RMR and Deltapoint both passed the long-term, extensive reliability testing conducted by Sage Dynamics, a well-respected firearms training/research group, and they are the only two MRDS that they recommend using for duty use at this point.

At the time their report was published in mid-2017, the DP had no reliability concerns. However, that testing occurred from 2013-2017, so if it's true that the DP has possibly declined in quality in the last year or so, that may have changed.

For those interested, here's Sage's full white paper on MRDSs for Duty Use: http://docs.wixstatic.com/ugd/...903192fa603fce6f.pdf

I believe the 507c is now on the "go" list. A recent IG post from them described it as "one of the top three."

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If it’s the sage dynamics paper I believe you’re talking about that was for 2017. A lot has changed since then.

I have a friend that works for a large government agency as a firearms instructor that is currently transitioning to new glocks and is experimenting with different red dots

The rmr, dpp, acro and holosun all met their initial reliability/torture testing.

——————————————————