SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Fair price for a 228
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fair price for a 228 Login/Join 
Picture of jarcher
posted
I have a friend who wants to by my Sig 228. It's the phosphated one, and has never been fired, with all the original mags and case and manual. I want to give him a fair price, but looking around I see prices all over the map for guns that may or may not have sold. What do you guys think?

Also, I'm not sure I really want to sell it, has anyone seen one around?

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

Edmund Burke, 1729 - 1797

Posts: 2106 | Location: Charleston, SC US | Registered: May 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Every day is New Year's Day
for Calendar Boy!

Oh, and I'm BANNED
posted Hide Post
Simple, keep it, tell him to go find his own.

Posts: 1045 | Registered: September 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by John3200:
Simple, keep it, tell him to go find his own.

Yup. Especially when you said, "I'm not sure I really want to sell it".

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jarcher
posted Hide Post
Ha! Well he is a good friend, and the pistol has just been sitting in my basement in it's case for something like 7 years...

Posts: 2106 | Location: Charleston, SC US | Registered: May 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
Shoot it, love it, tell him to go find one somewhere else.

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jarcher:
... my Sig 228. It's the phosphated one,...

Btw, I have no idea what this is. The only "phosphated" P228 I'm aware of is the M11B that has the phosphated internals. Is yours the M11B?

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:

Btw, I have no idea what this is. The only "phosphated" P228 I'm aware of is the M11B that has the phosphated internals. Is yours the M11B?
I'm guessing M11-A1.

Posts: 117 | Registered: February 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
My opinion - $650 to $750 is fair. Since it is unfired, closer to the high end of that range. People do ask more for these guns but I believe that is excessive. You did say he was your friend.

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10490 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rbmcmjr:
quote:
quote:

I'm guessing M11-A1.

Yeah, but that's a P229. Wink

Q

Bought a 239 magazine for $10, got banned for free.
posted Hide Post
Have M-11's been out 7 years?

Posts: 279 | Location: West TN | Registered: February 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by black1970:
Have M-11's been out 7 years?

Less than 5.

Q

addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Good friend? I dunno, I've never been one to truly figure out the quantitative value of that 'good friend' discount, especially for something that I may likely have regrets about selling later on like it sounds like you might.

Good luck.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jarcher
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure exactly which model it is. After work I'll check and post an update.

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm not sure exactly which model it is. After work I'll check and post an update.

Post a couple of pics (one from each side). That will clear things up.

Q

Picture of jarcher
posted Hide Post
The model number on the case is: E28-9-I-DAO-G

I'm still working on the pics...

Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
Is it a red box? The only recent DAO's I have seen in 228's are CPO's that buds sold a couple years back for $600.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Billy346
posted Hide Post
If you decide to sell it to him, make sure that you get first right of refusal if he chooses to sell it in the future. That way you can have it back if he decides he isn't interested anymore.

Personally, if its a P228 in good condition, I wouldn't sell it. Even if it's an M11-A1 and not a "Real" P228, I would keep it. The M11-A1 is an excellent weapon in its own right.

"Like a horse has its rider, and the sky has its moon, a man has his loneliness, mistaken as pride." -Longmire

Posts: 539 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: January 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:
Is it a red box? The only recent DAO's I have seen in 228's are CPO's that buds sold a couple years back for $600.

Does not appear so. CPO SIGs would have "UD" in the Part Number.

Q

Knowing is Half the Battle
Picture of Scuba Steve Sig
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

This phosphated mystery DAO P228 sounds like all the makings of the illustrious compact P226 12131 sings songs to every night. When does the bidding start?

Posts: 2516 | Location: Iowa by way of Missouri | Registered: July 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scuba Steve Sig:
quote:
quote:

This phosphated mystery DAO P228 sounds like all the makings of the illustrious compact P226 12131 sings songs to every night. When does the bidding start?

Nah. The one pic that OP posted that didn't show up, but I was able to view on another window, shows that it was just a very nice DAO P228. Nothing special, and I don't see anything "phosphated" about it. He has since pulled it.

Q