SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    p 230 trigger reset
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

p 230 trigger reset Login/Join 
posted
Bought a sig 230 at a gun show. If you hold the pistol horizontal the trigger resets, if you hold it down it won't. the trigger bar reset spring seams to be ok. Before I take to my gunsmith does anybody have any ideas of what might be causing this? I know buyer beware.

Posts: 25 | Location: hickory, north carolina | Registered: May 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes but unscrewing the grips and lifting them off the frame does not alleviate the problem

Posts: 25 | Location: hickory, north carolina | Registered: May 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
I don't know the answer to your question, but it sounds like something is loose inside the pistol.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The mystery to me is why will the trigger not reset when in the pistol is pointed down. Gravity seams to not let the hammer reset. The hammer is kind of floppy, when horizontal it comes back far enough to reset.

Picture of tcfiero
posted Hide Post
What is the two letter date code? There is a pinned post that gives the date for the codes. If it is one of the newer ones like KF or KG then the hammer reset spring may be broken. I had a 232 with that problem years ago.

Posts: 327 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: June 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
Here is a photo of the hammer reset spring. It was added to the P230 fairly late in production.

hammer reset by GaryBF, on Flickr

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
Rereading the above, I am confused by how you use the term "reset". Please clarify exactly what the problem is.

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For some reason, my thought process immediately went to a FUBAR trigger job. Out of an abundance of caution, I wouldn't put any live ammo in it until you determine the problem.

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1860 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Can you post a picture with the right grip panel removed?

I strip my P230 down to the bare frame on occasion to clean it. I’m curious as to the status of the trigger bar and spring.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17277 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post