SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Smith & Wesson 586 L Comp - .357 Magnum
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Smith & Wesson 586 L Comp - .357 Magnum Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
quote:
Originally posted by SteadyHand:
That sure is nice. I suspect the L-comp is S&W's best comparison to Kimber's K6; however, the L-comp is hands down my choice.

Enjoy the revolver.

The K6 is smaller; it's J-frame size, just with six rounds instead of five.

My Kimber is painful to fire. Some snubbies are, but that K6 particularly so, and I don't know why.

The K6 suffers from overall lightweight - as does the tiny (and Scandium) j-frames from S&W...ask me how I know (360 still scares me).

This L-Comp is a great size, yet has some beef/heft and, of course, a compensator that mixes in a nice recoil offset that makes shooting the .357 something to not complain about. I want one and black does look menacing.

Posts: 559 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post
That's a beautiful revolver! Have you shot it yet? What are your thoughts on the grips?

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4930 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
How is the muzzle blast?

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 4x5:
That's a beautiful revolver! Have you shot it yet? What are your thoughts on the grips?

Yes I shot it about an hour after picking it up (as posted in the OP). Grip was fine — I can certainly see the black rubber hogue grip that comes with the gun would be more comfortable.

quote:
Originally posted by GaryBF:
How is the muzzle blast?

It’s certainly there, but not terrible. The ported barrel really helps.

Posts: 5072 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love revolvers. My favorites ar S&W Model 27's and 19's.

Posts: 1065 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
How does it shoot with the wood boot grips vs the rubber full size?

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:

Not sure yet. I only shot it with the wood grips. Next range trip I might try both.

I put 100 rounds through it.

Posts: 5072 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Copefree:
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:

Not sure yet. I only shot it with the wood grips. Next range trip I might try both.

I put 100 rounds through it.

Rubber grips add a lot of comfort over wooden grips with .357.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post