SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Smith & Wesson 586 L Comp - .357 Magnum
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Smith & Wesson 586 L Comp - .357 Magnum Login/Join 
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted
Got me a new wheel gun! My first revolver, in fact!

586 L Comp, coming out of the Performance Center. It has a great trigger, holds 7 rounds, cut for moon clips, ported barrel, and a trijicon insert up front.

Got it from Buds and it came in yesterday afternoon. I went straight to the range to break her in — great shooter!!

I might go on a revolver kick now.

Posts: 5071 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Congrats. That one is definitely a looker.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
I aint much of a revolver guy but that Smith sure is purdy. Nice choice!

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Delta-3
posted Hide Post
That's a beauty!

Rom 13:4 If you do evil, be afraid. For he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is God's minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil.

Posts: 704 | Location: NW Ohio but Montana is always home. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
I really like that..that was a good choice!!!

Posts: 7795 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
Congratulations very nice.

Posts: 2679 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on a very fine addition to the Family

I have been shooting an L-Comp since they were first produced back in 2000

It has always been a favorite of mine.

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5179 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^ pre-internal lock ... nice!

Posts: 5071 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
About THE perfect platform for .357 mags IMHO. Heavy enough to soak up recoil, stout enough to endure a steady diet of mags.

I have one of the 3" CS-1 L frames one of my favorite Range toys.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I have a 681PC and I have wanted a “blued” 586 L-Comp to go with it for quite some time. The 681 has gotten valuable enough that I don’t shoot it much, where I have found I will happily “abuse” my Smiths with the hole in them.

I of course don’t mean abuse in the truest sense but you get the point.

Such a nice looking and handling gun you got there. Congrats.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7674 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I want one.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified Plane Pusher
Picture of Phantom229
posted Hide Post
Wow! Well I think you screwed up because every other revolver won’t be able to compare! You done spoiled yourself!

Situation awareness is defined as a continuous extraction of environmental information, integration of this information with previous knowledge to form a coherent mental picture in directing further perception and anticipating future events. Simply put, situational awareness mean knowing what is going on around you.

Posts: 7895 | Location: Around Lake Tapps, Wa | Registered: September 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have owned mine for years. Wonderful gun and having a comp makes it really easy to shoot.

Posts: 210 | Registered: February 17, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! That model has been on my short list for some time. Hope it serves you well.

Posts: 90 | Location: SW VA | Registered: January 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That sure is nice. I suspect the L-comp is S&W's best comparison to Kimber's K6; however, the L-comp is hands down my choice.

Enjoy the revolver.

Posts: 559 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A buddy of mine just got a Smith 21 Thunder Ranch model in 44 special. While I'll have to thoroughly wash my hands after touching a Smith with the idiot lock I do want to shoot it.

Posts: 4657 | Location: Middletown, PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
NICE. It won't be your last revolver.....

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am not a fan of revolvers, but that right there might of converted me.
That is sweet looking!

Posts: 1177 | Location: Upstate  | Registered: January 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SteadyHand:
That sure is nice. I suspect the L-comp is S&W's best comparison to Kimber's K6; however, the L-comp is hands down my choice.

Enjoy the revolver.

The K6 is smaller; it's J-frame size, just with six rounds instead of five.

My Kimber is painful to fire. Some snubbies are, but that K6 particularly so, and I don't know why.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by scsigs:
I am not a fan of revolvers, but that right there might of converted me.
That is sweet looking!

It’s got me hooked, too.

I figured why not? First revolver, might as well get a really nice one.