SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Pocket carry...........front or back?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pocket carry...........front or back? Login/Join 
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
I carry one in every pocket. And I wear BDU's. I like options Smile

Seriously, I carry in the right front pocket. LCP or LCR. I don't carry a pocket gun if I'm carrying a "real gun". I carry spare mags, instead.

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I too am a front pocket guy. I generally rock the S&W bodyguard .380 in the left front in a nemesis.

Posts: 5 | Location: Nebraska | Registered: November 14, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Right front unless I'm carrying it as a BUG.

Posts: 3041 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
P365 or P938 in front right pocket daily.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10920 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bodyguard 380 in front right pocket

Posts: 108 | Registered: January 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
Strong side front for 25 years. Put my hand on it quite a few times when I thought it was about to go sideways. Fortunately, it hasn’t so far.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7935 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bearverine
posted Hide Post
Front pocket, in a cheapie like a De Santis. Back pocket is just a little too pokey on my delicate back side.

As honor follows service, so the westerner travels to the east.

Posts: 478 | Location: Winchester, Indiana | Registered: April 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Chazman1946
posted Hide Post
Pocket carry is the only way I carry out here in Arizona, where the uniform of the day is shorts and golf shirts 9 months out of the year.

Depending on how tight the pants are I have a plethora of pistols I carry, Ruger LCPII, Glock 43, Sig P365, S&W 2.0 Shield with integrated laser, and yes, even my Shield Performance Center .45

The .45 does fit nicely into cargo shorts with no problem at all.

Pocket holsters range from DeSantis Nemesis, BORAII Clip on, Ruger stock LCP II, Sticky holsters, and Remora.

And to answer the guy who said you couldn't get to your pistol with pocket carry, well yes you can, when getting into your car, just take any of those holsters (except the BoraII) and stick he pistol between the drivers seat and the console, it will be easy to get to then!

Posts: 78 | Registered: July 06, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glock 26 or a Walther PPS M2 in the front pocket with a de Santis Nemesis holster.

Posts: 478 | Location: Arizona | Registered: February 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
LCP in the right rear pocket.

Posts: 13668 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
Usually I pocket carry a Smith and Wesson J-frame Centennial chambered in 357 Magnum or 356TSW

I have a few auto loaders that I occasionally pocket carry that are chambered in everything from 32ACP through 45ACP

It is always in the front right pocket in warm weather (the norm here in Florida)

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5176 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How do you get along with the XR9-S ? Been looking at one but don't hear much about them.

Posts: 921 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: January 05, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Genorogers:
How do you get along with the XR9-S ? Been looking at one but don't hear much about them.
Truth be told, once I found the 45, I kind of leave the 9MM at home.

I keep both because they are unique. I have a 9L as well. I am contemplating rechambering the 9L for 356TSW

They are certainly unique firearms. The 9s has a longer barrel than half of the pocket pistols out there, it is 4.2". That makes the 9S legal even in Canada

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5176 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
p32 in back right pocket
I use a holster that came with a Ruger
lpc2

Posts: 247 | Registered: March 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by colt_saa:
quote:
Originally posted by Genorogers:
Truth be told, once I found the 45, I kind of leave the 9MM at home.

I keep both because they are unique. I have a 9L as well. I am contemplating rechambering the 9L for 356TSW

They are certainly unique firearms. The 9s has a longer barrel than half of the pocket pistols out there, it is 4.2". That makes the 9S legal even in Canada

Interesting......thanks for the reply. Going to look further.

Posts: 921 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: January 05, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The wicked flee when
no man pursueth
Picture of KevH
posted Hide Post
Front strong-side pocket.

Whether it is comfortable or not depends upon the gun, the holster and the pants.

Proverbs 28:1

Posts: 4193 | Location: Contra Costa County, CA | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
Front right pocket carry every day, currently a ruger LCP pro but have even carried a bulldog, a Tomcat, CM9 and many a J frame in this fashion.

Especially when I carry a "real" pistol because I plan on giving the pocket gun to my wife if the need arises.

works in Levi's to Brooks Brothers

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FotoTomas
posted Hide Post
My all day everyday carry is in my strong side front pocket. Small autos and J frames have all been there. I also keep a full-size semi auto in a small shoulder bag that is hidden in plain sight and provides options for driving. The big pistol bag is mostly for the car and an option when out and about. A couple of years I had a baby Browning.25 in a wallet holster carried in the strong side back pocket I no longer do that.

Keep your weapon handy, live free and prosper.

Posts: 814 | Location: Orlando and Daytona Beach, FL | Registered: April 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Strong side front pocket. I love the old Eotac/Woolrich elite front pockets for this; too bad they aren't made anymore. PM9 in a nemesis currently, but I'm looking at the P365.

Also, I recently discovered "stretch jeans" from American Eagle. VERY NICE!

Posts: 132 | Location: SE MI | Registered: October 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spiritually Imperfect
Picture of VictimNoMore
posted Hide Post
Right front pocket carry, every day.
S&W 351c in .22 Magnum or Ruger LCR in .327 Federal Magnum, depending on where I'm going, what style pants I'm wearing, etc.
If needing to be totally invisible, I have recently converted to a Smart-Carry style setup, front and center. It is very effective.

Posts: 3805 | Location: WV | Registered: January 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post