SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Pocket carry...........front or back?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pocket carry...........front or back? Login/Join 
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Whether front or back, pocket carry of your only gun is only useful when standing or walking. You aren't going to be doing any fast draws when you're sitting or driving.

Posts: 27957 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
Whether front or back, pocket carry of your only gun is only useful when standing or walking. You aren't going to be doing any fast draws when you're sitting or driving.

Unless of course you move the pistol while you are in the car.

Sounds like the Dims, if it does not solve all of the problems, it is no good. ( not to be taken personally) Wink

Posts: 21829 | Registered: October 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
PM9 in a Desantis Superfly, right front pocket. Going on about eleven years now

Posts: 5320 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Always carry in right front pocket

Posts: 655 | Location: South Texas | Registered: February 27, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
When I pocket carry, it's always the right-front pocket.

十人十色

Posts: 2103 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
I have a pistol in my front pocket daily. An LCP2 for the past couple years and, as of about six months ago, now a Springfield Armory 911 .380 ... daily.

For me, front is the way to go.

Posts: 5072 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you have a lower back problem, or would like to acquire one, and you sit down at all, just carry a pistol, or a wallet, in a back pocket.

Posts: 21 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: October 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
Depending on the type of pants I'm wearing that day.

I prefer to carry in my front pocket, but other pants make it so I need to carry in the back pocket.

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bigboreshooter:
I've been carrying my LCP daily for nearly 10 years now. I still use the same wallet-style holster in my rear pocket every day. Recently I tried front pocket carrying, using the simple pocket holster Ruger includes with LCP's. I must say, I think FP seems more comfortable in most instances. I may be a convert.

If you pocket carry, what do you carry and in which pocket?
I front pocket carry. I've done so with both my Kahr MK9 and my j-frame. I have the original Nemesis for my Kahr (found the e-mail, I purchased in Nov '06) and the updated, stickier version (aka Superfly) for my j-frame (nearly 4 months).

It does take the correct pocket size which isn't a problem with my cargo shorts, cargo pants, or jeans. Last weekend, I forgot I had my j-frame in my center console when I went to valet my truck and was damn glad I was wearing a sport coat since the pockets of my slacks aren't big enough for pocket carry.

Speaking of pockets, I really prefer my cargo pants/shorts since I put my keys in a different pocket to prevent ND. My jeans have less pockets so my weak side pocket gets pretty loaded up. With jeans, I much prefer my shirt holster or IWB holster over pocket carry.

I've experiments at home with back pocket carry, but don't feel comfortable with it and it's not from lack of padding on my backside. Also, it just seems wrong to plunk my fat ass down on something I paid good money for and it has small moving parts.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23255 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vote the
BASTIDS OUT!
Picture of yanici
posted Hide Post
S&W 642 snubby in front right pocket with a Mika pocket holster.

John

"Building a wall will violate the rights of millions of illegals." [Nancy Pelosi]

Posts: 2409 | Location: N.E. Massachusetts | Registered: June 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
Both. I carry a 938, 238, or 642 in front pocket (all in a DM Bullard leather pocket holster) and/or a Seecamp 32 in back pocket when I pocket carry.

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
I've carried an SW Shield in my right front pocket and two spare mags in the right rear. In cargo shorts I have put it in the right cargo pocket and the mags in the left cargo pocket, but the sharp rear sight started wearing a hole in the pocket so I stopped that.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Glock 43 in front pocket in Desantis Nemesis

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
KelTec P3AT with CT laser in a wallet holster. Using this setup for last 5-6 years.

Posts: 6618 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It depends.
Summer, wearing shorts, I'm tossing my LCP in my front pocket in a DeSantis holster.

When I was running around in "plain clothes" playing the police, I'm tossing a 340PD in my right jacket pocket.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8345 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
Right front pocket, LCP, G42, G43, G26, or j frame, all in AHolster pocket holsters, every day.

Posts: 6661 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted Hide Post
Due to shoulder problems the back pocket is not an option. Use front pocket in a DeSantis Superfly holster.

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2088 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Right front pocket mainly with 340sc or 442 J-frame. Sometimes backed up by a Kel-Tec P32 in the back pocket. IWB for anything bigger than that.

Posts: 460 | Registered: January 08, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RGRacing
posted Hide Post
Pico in a DeSantis Nemesis, carry in right front pocket, Spare Mag in a Foster Grant Glasses case in my left packet.

But during the heavy coat winters in MN I play OWB - I just got a 1911 Ultra Carry 45 - I want to feel that baby.

Posts: 494 | Location: Mpls, MN | Registered: January 05, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beanhead
posted Hide Post
What is that saying?

Business in the front. Party in the back!

On a serious note, always in front right pocket for me.

I can see the old let me reach for my wallet and come up with a pistol(on a back pocket carry).

Posts: 1352 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post