SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Pocket carry...........front or back?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pocket carry...........front or back? Login/Join 
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted
I've been carrying my LCP daily for nearly 10 years now. I still use the same wallet-style holster in my rear pocket every day. Recently I tried front pocket carrying, using the simple pocket holster Ruger includes with LCP's. I must say, I think FP seems more comfortable in most instances. I may be a convert.

If you pocket carry, what do you carry and in which pocket?

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Brass Pounder
Picture of roustabout
posted Hide Post
The only time I carry my LCP is when I’m wearing jeans. It goes holstered in the right front pocket. I tried carrying it in the right rear pocket, but never found that method particularly comfortable.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 1017 | Registered: August 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of C-Dubs
posted Hide Post
Most often, around town I carry a DAO SP101 in a Desantis Nemesis, in my right rear pocket.

About half the grip is exposed, but I’m nearly always in a long sleeve shirt untucked, which conceals it.

The SP101 is too heavy and bulky, for me at least, to front pocket carry it.

“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”

Posts: 2863 | Location: SE WI | Registered: October 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:

LCP in the right (my strong hand) front. This lets me have my hand in the pocket, already on the gun, while not appearing out of the ordinary or "telegraphing." Most people, unless trained not to - such as LEOs, who have this drummed into them - watch faces for visual cues, not hands.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: egregore,

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pbramlett
posted Hide Post
I front pocket carry a Glock 43 in an Alabama Holster kydex pocket holster. Previously it was in a desantis nemesis pocket holster.

Its just no longer comfortable carrying IWB at 4 o’clock ever since I got a herniated disk. Or carrying a larger gun. The g43 works for me the best right now.

Regards,

P.

Posts: 1287 | Location: Alabama | Registered: May 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
KT P11, RF pocket in slacks.
Otherwise, P320 IWB.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15150 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
quote:

LCP in the right (my strong hand) front. This lets me have my hand in the pocket, already on the gun, while not appearing out of the ordinary.

Same here, LCP I in a right front pocket inside a DeSantis Nemesis. Spare mag is in the left front pocket inside a Mag Packer.

Posts: 15898 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I frequently put a G43 in my front pocket in a DeSantis holster. I also carry a wallet in my front pocket; I quit putting things in the back pocket years ago.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
Usually the LCPII right front pocket in the holster that came with it if I'm wearing BDUs, cargos or sweats...if I'm wearing jeans (and I hate the tighter pockets of jeans) it's usually cool enough to carry my G27 OWB under cover of a sweatshirt or jacket.

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by C-Dubs:

The SP101 is too heavy and bulky, for me at least, to front pocket carry it.

I haven't carried my SP101 for a while, but it always rode in a Galco SOB, offset to my right.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Delta-3
posted Hide Post
LCPII in right front pocket or in left rear pocket as a BUG to my Primary EDC.

Rom 13:4 If you do evil, be afraid. For he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is God's minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil.

Posts: 702 | Location: NW Ohio but Montana is always home. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Front right hand pocket for me. Wallet in left front pocket.

I don’t get rear pocket carry? Are you actually sitting on your gun?

Posts: 33601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
The pocket holster shipped with newer LCPs - it either is, or is a copy of, the DeSantis Nemesis - is OK, but I like my Mika one a little better.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: egregore,

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
No LCP, but when I have pocket carried a lil' pistola on those very rare occasions it always strong side front pocket (holstered, of course). Does throw me off though, since that's where my EDC knife and flashlight would normally reside. Admittedly I'm set in patterns and routine and not having those two in their usual resting spots can get me rather annoyed since I used them both quite often during the work day.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
J frame, LCP, or whatever, in right front pocket.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
Mostly, my EDC is a SIG P938 in a front pocket Sticky holster. I've also carried the same way an XD-s .45 and a S&W 360 snubby.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
The LCP is usually not carried alone, but as a supplement or backup to a 14-15-round 9mm. My idea of a backup is a little different than usual. In some situations it might be the gun I go to first, a "get-off-me" or a "little gun to fight my way to the big gun." After it has been fired - or the attacker backs off after seeing it - my intentions are pretty clear, so if seven .380s don't do the job, 15 or 16 9mms will. (At least, that's the plan, but you know about plans and first contact with the enemy.) A spare magazine for it is superfluous.

Picture of C-Dubs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
Front right hand pocket for me. Wallet in left front pocket.

I don’t get rear pocket carry? Are you actually sitting on your gun?

Seems I'm the oddball. Smile
Be assured, it's not the first time for that .

I should've clarified:
If I know I'm going somewhere and will be sitting for a long period of time, I would opt for either a paddle owb, or iwb holster.
But, for most of my errands, shopping or quick jaunts around town, I do usually carry in the rear pocket.
For longer drives, the Nemesis with contents goes in the console of my truck.

Maybe it's my body style/shape, or the particular jeans I wear, but the rear pocket of the Dickies dungarees I typically wear, puts the cylinder of my SP101 right about the 4 o'clock position. So, to me, it's like I'm not directly sitting on my gun. It's more near the hip socket. I don't find it uncomfortable at all wearing it like this, and for me, I find it easily accessible.

Again, with my body style/pants combo, it pinches off my front pocket area, and I seem to have more difficulty accessing the pocket. Thus, I don't carry it there.

Could just be me, YMMV, IANAL, and all other pertinent disclaimers apply. Smile

“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”

Posts: 2863 | Location: SE WI | Registered: October 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Sig P365 in a Sticky holster in my front pocket.

or- Sig P365 in a Desantis holster in my jacket pocket.

Both right hand draw.

Posts: 21829 | Registered: October 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Front pocket carry allows you to stroll darkened parking lots with your hand on the gun. I always have a gun in the front pocket.

Posts: 775 | Registered: April 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post