Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Elsie pea Login/Join 
Picture of SigSentry
posted
I never really had any intention of picking one up but I saw a gently used gen2 for the right price and couldn't resist. It just looked so cute. Picked up a couple extra Italian mags and a Hogue sleeve. It makes my lc9s feel huge in comparison.

Also, I discovered that with Imgur if you add a lower-cased "l" before .jpg it will make the pic smaller for forum use.

Posts: 3507 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I carry one, with a stainless slide, as a backup, or "get-off-me," gun, in my pocket. The prices of new ones these days - $200 or less if you shop around - rival those of used ones.

Posts: 27928 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
I had to click on a second time and just now fiqured out the title...very clever.

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cobra21:
I had to click on a second time and just now fiqured out the title...very clever.

Slept in and haven't had my morning coffee so I remain clueless. I mean WTH is "Elsie pea"?

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16192 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Gun is a Ruger LCP. L.C.P... Elsie Pea...

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12768 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bcjwriter
posted Hide Post
I have the LCP2 and love it. Great backup gun and a good pistol for what it is.

Posts: 1963 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ArtieS:
Gun is a Ruger LCP. L.C.P... Elsie Pea...

Took me a second as well. If I'd heard it, it would have made sense, but reading it...

Posts: 1251 | Location: Oregon | Registered: March 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bcjwriter:
I have the LCP2 and love it. Great backup gun and a good pistol for what it is.

I recently dissassembled my II to refinish it in Moly Resin. Have refinished it, dreading putting the frame parts back together.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the original (plus two in the safe), it fits great in a pocket or in Smart Carry. When I need more firepower I carry the G-43, G-26, or G-19.

Mine takes the 7-rd mag, it may not work with the Gen 2. But your slide locks back!

https://www.midwayusa.com/prod...lue-with-finger-rest

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of xl_target
posted Hide Post
PSA currently has the LCP for $179.99.
They just came on sale this afternoon.

Posts: 2322 | Registered: January 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
Decent deal but the rear sight almost looks like the first gen lcp with the longer trigger pull. With the lcp2 they might never sell at that original price.

Posts: 3507 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post