SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Steyr RFP .22
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Steyr RFP .22 Login/Join 
posted
Are these any good? I see them for cheap all of the time and I already have an L9-A1 so having a .22 with a similar grip would be nice. I already have a browning buck mark, but I’ve been wanting a .22 that’s more like my other semi’s for cheap training/teaching new shooters

Posts: 3371 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beanhead
posted Hide Post
Looks like the standard .22 version of their counterparts like the PPQ, M&P...etc. Personally, I am not a big fan as these are typically ammo sensitive and aren't consistently reliable. YMMV as I have and will hear others chime in that their .22 run flawlessly. Personally, I believe your shooting fundamental is the same regardless of what pistol you shoot. There is a learning curve to manual of arms, different trigger weight, and recoil impulse. But the grip, aiming, and trigger pulling is the same. I'd get a reliable .22 pistol and just shoot.

Posts: 1351 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It would really just be a toy, I didn’t know these weren’t made by Steyr

Posts: 3371 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Part of the reason I went with the S&W M&P22 Compact, because unlike pretty much every other modern looking 22LR pistol, it isn't made by GSG or Umarex, but by S&W. The full sized M&P22 is not made by S&W, only the Compact.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
Part of the reason I went with the S&W M&P22 Compact, because unlike pretty much every other modern looking 22LR pistol, it isn't made by GSG or Umarex, but by S&W. The full sized M&P22 is not made by S&W, only the Compact.

This was my rational for the M&P Compact as well. I’ve had pretty decent luck with mine. It’s not as accurate as my Ruger Mk IV 22/45, but as a training pistol it works just fine.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Yeah it wont compete for accuracy, but the M&P22C is a great little trainer for kids as well as a good suppressor host.

I have 2 MKIIs, very accurate but they’re a bit heavy for the young’ins until they get into the teens.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post