SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Ruger LCP II -how are they holding up..
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruger LCP II -how are they holding up.. Login/Join 
Picture of bcjwriter
posted
Greetings all, for those who have them, how are the LCP II's holding up?

Posts: 1957 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good! I bought it when the II first came out. I have more than 1K Rnd’s and stopped counting. Great pocket 380. Holding up well with a Hogue rubber handall.

Posts: 627 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: October 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
I have a ‘Gen 1’ LCP, no problems. To me they’re more of a test then carry gun, as opposed to higher round use at the range.

For higher count range shooting, I’ll use a beefier gun.

Posts: 6132 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
LCP II, had one and eventually sold it. IMO, I found the Kahr P-380 is a bit smaller and more accurate.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just recently bought one to try. Don’t like it, trigger is pretty light, especially for pocket carry. I did have a LCP Custom, the one with the red trigger. It was nice, crazy accurate, reliable, I may try to find another.

Currently, I have a Beretta PICO, I think it is recent like 3rd gen production. Nice, superthin, accurate. My EDC when something else is too big. Tiny thin little gun.

Posts: 1153 | Location: Decatur, GA | Registered: November 14, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
I bought one a few months back and had to send it back to Ruger twice for issues. I had failures to eject/feed the first time and then it wouldn't accept a magazine unless I was depressing the magazine release button. After I got it back from Ruger, I put about a hundred rounds through it without problem. Its quite accurate for such a small pistol (due to the fact it has real sights), the recoil isn't terrible and it feeds my favorite .380 ammo (Lehigh Defense "Extreme Penetrators") without a hickup. I definitely like the light trigger and since the indicated issues were obvious from the start, I trust that its "Good to Go", now that they've been handled.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10187 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sourdough44:

I have a ‘Gen 1’ LCP, no problems....

I too have one of the "original" LCPs, 1000+ rounds and it still works! I carry it (right front pocket) a lot and shoot maybe two mags through it every couple months, it won't break! Once it breaks, I have two more Is in the safe ready to go. Both were around $200, maybe less.

I do like the slide lock back feature of the II, but one of those will wait until all my Is break.

Posts: 15899 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmund:
quote:
Originally posted by sourdough44:

I have a ‘Gen 1’ LCP, no problems....

I too have one of the "original" LCPs, 1000+ rounds and it still works! I carry it (right front pocket) a lot and shoot maybe two mags through it every couple months, it won't break! Once it breaks, I have two more Is in the safe ready to go. Both were around $200, maybe less.

I do like the slide lock back feature of the II, but one of those will wait until all my Is break.

I have a Gen 1 as well.
Sent it back for the recall and all that years ago.
I carry it more than any firearm I own in a High Noon Pocket Grabber or custom OWB holster.
Carry a spare mag in Meco mag holder in my weak side pocket.

It is just too easy to carry.
Never a failure using many types of ammo.

Polished the barrel and sent the slide and parts to CCR for then Ceraplate, again years ago.

It now wears a Pachmayr TACTICAL GRIP GLOVE.

I own the Kahr CW380 as well, but it sits in the safe.
Took 200 rds to make it reliable.
I like the Kahr trigger better, but I still carry the LCP.
I know it won't fail when I need it, and again, it is just to easy to carry.

Posts: 4354 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pulicords:
... it wouldn't accept a magazine unless I was depressing the magazine release button.

Do you mind expanding on this as mine does that too? I wondered if it was set up that way or if that was a problem. I've owned mine for about 8 months and it shoots well.

Posts: 3698 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
I have a original LCP but I'd like to have a II. Mine is great and so easy to carry but it doesn't like steel cased ammo. Eats everything else, though.

I am going to get one of those toolless take down pins, stainless guide rod and Wolf 13lbs recoil springs.

Posts: 3443 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
I meant to add: a friend of mine carries his LCP II everyday and just loves it! He’s never had any issues with it.

Posts: 3443 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
I replaced my LCP II with a Springfield Armory 911 .380 when it came out last year. The LCP lives in my safe now.

It held up fine and has over 1k basically problem-free rounds through it but I just couldn’t get over accidentally hitting the mag release when firing. If I didn’t hold it the right way when shooting I’d hit the release and I just can’t trust that. It got better when I put the sand paper talon grips on it, though.

Posts: 5070 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post