SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Uh Oh! Getting the itch again for a 229\M11A1
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Uh Oh! Getting the itch again for a 229\M11A1 Login/Join 
Picture of JGIORD
posted
It never fails, I get one and then complain about how its too big, too heavy, has a mushy trigger and that I don't shoot it as well as others so I end up selling it off only down the road I get the urge to get another one.

This is costing me a fortune. Mad

I need to see if I can find one used for a decent price. I could kick myself many times over.

Posts: 461 | Location: AZ | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've always felt that the 229 was one of the best pistols made.
Years ago I had one in 9mm and stupidly sold it. I found one on this forum a few months ago and love it all over again.
I cleaned out the safe a few months ago and the 229 is staying. 1 of the 3 pistols I kept.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JBird679
posted Hide Post
Have you tried a Legion? It might be just enough of an improvement to convince you to keep it around.

Posts: 987 | Location: Upstate, SC | Registered: March 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JGIORD
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JBird679:
Have you tried a Legion? It might be just enough of an improvement to convince you to keep it around.

No I haven't. I'll need to do some research on it.
Thanks

Posts: 461 | Location: AZ | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have you tried a 226 Tach ops 40? It's awesome, I have one.

GOD/Israel, family, 2nd amendment rights: in that order.
Tennessee -ELOHIM IS MY GOD!

Posts: 807 | Registered: May 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JGIORD
posted Hide Post
Everything for me has to be carry size and the 226 is just too big. Same thing with the 2022. I picked up a P250 subcompact and now I’m wondering if I should have gotten the compact size instead. But I still like a decocker and the classic P series look.

I need to go to the LGS and fondle some.

posted Hide Post
I love my 228, perfect size and fits my hand perfectly.

It's kids like you, who make this bus late.

Posts: 884 | Location: Weirton,WV | Registered: April 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The P229 and P228 are great pistols. An E2 grip does wonders for the width of the pistol and gives a better purchase on the gun. If you like the thinner type, you might check into a P225. The 250 is not a bad pistol either and the trigger pull is buttery smooth.

Posts: 6840 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JGIORD
posted Hide Post
Picked up a 250 and I do like it, I'd like to eventually figure out what I need to convert it to a compact size. It seems like I need everything except the FCU, but costs seem to be the same as if I just buy another 250. But the looks of the 229\M11A1 just keeps calling to me. Can't seem to find a used one locally though.

I have a P6 feels great but I can't justify such a large pistol holding only 8 rounds.

posted Hide Post
Good time to buy as prices seem to be coming down on the non-Legion SIG's.
At least around my area they are coming down.
For example, when Gander Mtn was closing I picked up an M11A1 for $759. At the time, P229's were priced around $950-$1000.
BUT . . . Just this past weekend I was at my LGS and they have P229's for $699 !

Posts: 603 | Registered: December 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
P.S. I have a P250C in addition to the M11A1.
Both are great shooters and I love 'em both!

Posts: 603 | Registered: December 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My 229 extreme was the first gun I ever bought a few years ago. I've bought many (too many) since but it is and will always be one of my favorites. I would never get rid of it.

p229Extreme/P226Tac-Ops/P226 Extreme/P226 SAO) P226 X-5 Blue Moon/P226 X-5 Black and White

Posts: 750 | Registered: March 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Seek out the Classic Carry TALO edition. $700 for a NIB P229 is The Deal. Mine has the best DA trigger takeup that I've ever experienced on a DA/SA SIG. While I can't say that ALL CC TALOs are this way (we've only had two including the one I bought come through the shop), it's been a real confidence builder like no other prior classic P-series has been for this otherwise hardcore striker guy.

Its trigger action is lighter and far smoother than my KE P228 or my earlier P229s. Blows away my P220s. Or any of my P226s, including my Mk25 which I think in its own right has a pretty darn good trigger action. I'd even rank mine as good if not better than any SIGPro that I've sampled or shot. And no creep whatsoever; exactly what I lust for with non-SRT P-SIGs.

Conversely it's also the only caveat; if you want short reset travel, this one's not going to be the one, at least without a SRT kit makeover.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JGIORD
posted Hide Post
That's what I did Soggy

Thanks

Ordered the P229 Classic Carry - $700, 3 mags and night sights and SRT. Can't go wrong with that.