SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Different grips for a Vertec
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Different grips for a Vertec Login/Join 
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted
While I relish in the shaping of the Vertec style grip on my new M9A3, I'm not particularly pleased with the creaky nature of the factory grip panels or their relatively mild texturing. I think I'm willing to sacrifice some of their thinness for better, more stout grips, but aside from Wilson Combat and some company called Stoner CNC, there doesn't seem to be many options for the Vertec in G10 or Micarta.

The WC grips are described as being relatively thin in profile (good feature) but I do kinda object to the WC medallion embedded in them, specifically because the gun itself hasn't been breathed on by the company in any way. Amazon seems to be the biggest retailer for the Stoner CNC grips; mostly good reviews but there were a couple of reviews that remarked on how thick they are and that has me hesitant, though I may try one of their designs anyways if I can find a color that somewhat works with the already patchwork colors of the Beretta.

But as I often am, I'm wondering if there are other lesser known (at least to Google) options lurking out there. I've found plenty for the regular 92 grip, but so far only the above two that cater to the Vertec. Any advice would be appreciated.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've never used them and they don't list Vertec grips on the site but they're getting decent reviews and will do at least some custom stuff (they did a set for a 92s). Might be worth a phone call.

http://lokgrips.com/gun-grips/beretta-92

Posts: 234 | Location: Bucks County, PA | Registered: December 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Um (redfaced), I probably should've checked to see if the grip screws were all on tight. Creaky noise gone.

Still lacking the grip texture, though. (EDIT) And a very plasticky resonance with any sort of mechanical vibration. Even the trigger reset will give off this 'thwick' feedback in hand that feels so low rent in a Made In China toy kind of way as it passes through the grip panel, particularly the one on the right side of the firearm.

Thanks for the suggestion; I'll check them out.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
Beretta now sells engraved logo AlumaGrips on the website. I've got a set on my M9A3 and they're a big improvement. Aggressive G10's would be better still for competition shooting.

Posts: 3089 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufactures Rep.
Picture of Ken @ Hogue Inc
posted Hide Post
though they are not G10 or Alum, Hogue does offer a rubber grip for the Vertec Model.

Need technical help with Hogue products and your firearm?

Try the Hogue Knowledge Base for answers!

Hogue Gear
Holsters and more...
www.hogueinc.com
www.hogueknives.com www.heatedtoiletseat.com www.zombiegrips.com
Ken@hogueinc.com

View or Download your Catalog today;

2023 Catalog

2023 Knife Catalog

Hogue AR-15/ Catalog

Request a Catalog

Posts: 1597 | Location: Home Office, Paso Robles, CA -Headquarters, Henderson, NV. -W/Warehouses in San Diego, CA and Vienna, Austria | Registered: July 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
Ken - you guys should make the "grey" ghost grips again like you used to. You'd sell a ton for Inox 92's.

Posts: 3089 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Appreciate the suggestions. I like the Hogue rubberized grips that I've used on other guns like my compact SIGs, though not a fan of the versions with the finger grooves. I looked at the Beretta grips; a definite maybe though G10 is still my preferred direction.

posted Hide Post
I have a set of the above Hogue Vertec grips that I got a few years ago for my stainless model. The original factory grips were somewhat slippery. The Hogue grips were a vast improvement, but I agree with you that a set without the finger grooves would be ideal whether they be rubber or G10.

Posts: 655 | Location: Northern Colorado, USA | Registered: September 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's my way or the Highway
Picture of piedrarc
posted Hide Post
You can always buy a set from Beretta and stipple them. They are like 22 bucks and you could put your own twist on them, without spending the outrageous prices for new grips.

Semper Fidelis

RIP 17843

Operation Specific Training

Bang, bang, Click

Posts: 4911 | Location: surrounded by liberals. | Registered: September 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks pretty good. I suppose at this point in my life breathing all those burnt plastic fumes won't matter nearly so much... Wink